Sign in to follow this  
Libertas Computers

Flooding Category with the same items...

Libertas Computers

Hi there folks,

I have already reported this to BoB, but I'm just looking for some opinions on this:

I recently bought a bunch of external hard drives that a supplier had on sale and I thought about putting them on BoB as I have recently had a lot of success with externals on BoB lately..

When I went to go have a look at the external hard drive category, I saw that the category is flooded with the same 3 items by the seller onlinesellerphones who listed each product about 10 times, promoting them with category featured as well and making them end one day away from eachother...

What this means is that the only items one will see in the category are his items as he promotes them like that and I assume also knows that BoB promotes items ending soon above others with the same promoting aspects...

So all I want to know is if you guys think that this should be allowed or not as this makes it impossible for me to have my products seen without possibly making it a home page item, which is going to make the items to expensive to be worthwhile and this is now making me reconsider it being worthwhile selling on BoB as I don't have the funds to put my products on 10 times using promotional measures as well....

Seeds for Africa

Hi

I think if you look at the rest of his products this is how he advertises everything her sells. I would too be interested in hearing what bob's opinion is on this. Personally I think it makes the site messy and very frustrating to have to scroll through multiple listings of the same item.

Libertas Computers

Definitely agree with you on that..

Just have a look here to see what I mean regarding this. If I was looking to find something without having to search etc, just browse, I'd be thrown the same item over and over and over again...

It really is quite annoying as a buyer, but even more so as a seller because there is no chance of our products being on the first 2 pages of the listing unless splashing out extra money...

SProducts

I agree, its not only hard drives, all products they are selling in each category its teh same story.

Libertas Computers

Well I did email communitywatch on Monday already and Bennet said they're looking into it... No change thusfar.

Guest Guest

Hi - I agree 100% with you!

I wrote a few times to complain about this seller (See link please) - but these nasty photo's still pops up - when I search for inverters! I beg you now - what has a CROTCHLESS FISHNET PANTIHOSE in common with an inverter?!

They deliberately put keywords in their adds to misuse the search system - that to me is perverse and pure spam and should be banned without any reservation!

Look here please:Hosiery & Socks - CROTCHLESS FISHNET PANTIHOSE for sale in Johannesburg (ID:41903717)

I'm so sick and tired of this kaalbas photo's when I just look for electronic items - I'm honestly 100% serious about that too. :mad:

Libertas Computers

...these nasty photo's still pops up - when I search for inverters!

They deliberately put keywords in their adds to misuse the search system - that to me is perverse and pure spam and should be banned without any reservation!

I understand what you're saying, although I don't think it is deliberate keywords to be honest... It just has a link at the bottom (mind the pun) of the listing which says: "For electronics, laptops and laptop accessories, inverters, etc - please click here to see." which I don't see as keyword spamming... The seller has 2 accounts that he/she uses. One is for clothing and the other for electronics, such as Inverters...

Guest Guest

It surely generate spam "hits".

Let him and ANYBODY simply type that info and put it on the page as a jpeg - linked to that goods etc.

But I am so sick of those naked asses (Yes Shaven Donkeys.) while my young son is in the room and my wife too! I look like a bloody pervert on BOB. And yes, my adult filter is always on.

We may have lighter moments in the forums but my computer is no billboard for these filthy *******. (Dirty female dogs)

I'm cool Cuan. :amuse:

Libertas Computers

Well, it's been a week now and it seems that the way he promotes his items are here to stay...

Personally I find this unethical to promote items like this, but if it isn't against the rules it isn't against the rules and I respect that, but as a member of Unashamedly Unethical I'm not going to start to try and compete by listing my items in such a way.

MiemsJewels

Hi - I agree 100% with you!

I wrote a few times to complain about this seller (See link please) - but these nasty photo's still pops up - when I search for inverters! I beg you now - what has a CROTCHLESS FISHNET PANTIHOSE in common with an inverter?!

Look here please:Hosiery & Socks - CROTCHLESS FISHNET PANTIHOSE for sale in Johannesburg (ID:41903717)

I'm so sick and tired of this kaalbas photo's when I just look for electronic items - I'm honestly 100% serious about that too. :mad:

My Goodness, How on earth!! Electronic items under ......."Hosiery & Socks"?? Well darn.. definitley misleading the buyers who are searching for electronics. It should be reported immediately. What about my 6 year old grand daughter. It could leave a hell of an impact on her fragile age. :-( And also no darn smileys to use either!! Needless to say what my husband will do, you know what I mean?:mad: Now I had to copy & paste Edmunds smile. And then the naked ass donkey's. Groce!! Claerhout donkey's I presume? Oh yeah, and I'm serious!! :mad: Now please, may we have our smileys back!!:mad:

Edited by MiemsJewels

Nubbi

so how are you all keeping here at onlinesellerphone.co.za ?:hm:

catzcan

Well.....:idea:I have just bought 40000 x 4mm spacer beads, if I list them in quantities of 10.......:laugh:

Nubbi

then we would all be members of catzcan.co.za - LoL

Libertas Computers

Well... It's been 2 weeks now since I reported it in detail to community watch (Ticket ID: FTV-860-98469) and yet it remains listed like that. So I am assuming that it is allowed??

Miss Jewels

This link is only under the hosiery. If you click on the electronics link and on any item, it say "view my other listings" but it's only for the electronics. No link back to the hosiery. So me thinks.....the hosiery link is only there for the picture of a bare bum in order to lure you to the electronics (excuse the humour in this)