Sign in to follow this  
BeadsandBaubles

Guide Wanted.

BeadsandBaubles    10
BeadsandBaubles

Could someone please please point me in the right direction for a guide on "Favour-asking Etiquette". I'd really like to send it to some family so they can learn the difference between favours it is cool to ask, and those that are sure to p one off.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I don't think there is such a thing available - perhaps we should all start a thread on this and each suggest a few etiquette tips?

Mine - please don't call me after 9.30 pm unless it is a genuine emergency.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I agree...

Mine include:

* Don't call or ring my doorbell after 8pm or before 8am - unless somebody is needing to go to the hospital!

* Don't visit or "pop around" unexpectedly - I may not want visitors... (or I'm just too busy in the office)

* Don't phone my cellphone only for you to put down when I say "hello" (especially private numbers).

* If I don't answer your call (for what ever reason) - don't keep phoning from different numbers in the hope that I will eventually answer!

* Don't come into my office after 10pm offering to "help" and gossip endlessly keeping me out of work! (directed at my mom)

* If you can't manage your finances properly, please remember that I am not your personal ATM (but if you can prove that your animals don't have food and you haven't had any luxuries at all, then I'll make a plan for your pets - not you!). (directed at family in general)

* And never inform me what / how I can spend my income better... I earn it, I spend it, just like you blow it! (directed at my mom and outlaws!)

Other than that, I'm pretty easy going... unless I'm in a really bad mood! LOL

One more - don't say you are going to phone / pop in / etc and don't do it - that really ticks me off! The service agents promised to collect the dishwasher on Monday morning but they would phone first so I stayed in - they only phoned today to collect it and then promptly wiped their muddy shoes on the carpet all the way through the lounge to the kitchen instead of outside! Grrr.... (don't create work for me - I hate housework enough as it is!)

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

Mine do not call even it is an emergency after nine o clock there is nothing that one can do at night!

Do not offer advice when it is not wanted

Do not just drop off your children to use the pool as I am busy.

Do not arrive for a visit just before a mealtime it is utterly rude.

You have to agree to disagree in a family.

I love my family with all my heart even it does not seem like it.

BeadsandBaubles    10
BeadsandBaubles

Absolutely ALL of the above!!!

Plus; (aimed at a certain family member)

• Don't ask me for cigarettes because you do not know how to budget your money, you earn twice as much and have half the expenses, but can waste on totally stupid things DAILY!
  • Don't ask my poor hubby to have to deliver them after a 14 hour work day in which he has been on his feet, (he's not a chair-sitter like you who takes a book to read at work everyday) forgetting that he has just arrived home, has two hours in which he has to eat, bath and study for his exams, expecting him to deliver in the dark and the cold grrrrrr.... and when you have just had the day off, live walking distance from town, and only 2 km from me, what do you think we are, your personal courier service?
  • ESPECIALLY - don't ask Me to ask hubby - I AM NOT A QUEEN, he is not my personal slave. You know he will do anything I ask him, I WILL NOT ABUSE HIS LOVE FOR ME, under no circumstances!!! Ask him yourself!
  • Don't ask me to babysit - WILL NOT DO IT for yours who constantly shouts down adult conversation, pinches you when you ignore him, and hurts my pets when he thinks no-one is looking. (presses kittens neck to the floor with his full weight, rides on the back of dog and YANKS his ears back) and who by the way is already 2 years late for enrollment in primary school!

I'm going to email the link to this thread right now to the concerned party - most of the suggestions being offered would be applicable.

Nubbi    10
Nubbi

all of the above are excelent - also dont ask me to do things for you based on my physical attributes!! I am not your hired muscle!! I have a brain!! I have a degree for crying out loud!! am not interested in sorting out your problems through intimidating people!!

and please stop presuming I want to see you just because it is weekend!! sometimes I just want to be alone with my wife and dogs!! they are better company than you anyday!!

and no I can not use my contacts in the SAP or military to help you with anything because to me they are not contacts - they are friends and not to be abused by you!!

and if you dont like dogs - stay away from my house it blongs to them not you!!

and to my mother in law - the fact that we like being at home does not mean there is something wrong with us!! and if you cant be nice to your daughter I would prefer if you stay away then I wont have to be rude to you?

I can go on and on but people will start thinking I am a little crazy!! LoL

Cali Craft and Gems

I am so glad that I'm not the only one being driven nutty by the "real" family! :)

I'd much prefer to hang out with the BoB nutters anyday - at least we understand BoB terms and lingo so can communicate properly! LOL

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

I only have one at the moment:

Please don't have a sunny disposition near me at the moment because I haven't had a cigarette for 4 days and am likely to cause harm to anyone around me....

Oh - and bring back the 'ninja' smiley - he seems to have disappeared.

Nubbi    10
Nubbi

LoL - good luck with that:sowsuser:

moppies    10
moppies

I am not a walking computer attached to a network system loaded with all your personal details. Don't ask me why your social grants is not paid! I am in town because I also have to buy groceries, pay the bills etc and after all, it is after working hours!

Please do not allow your 4 year old to blow the vehicle hooter after 9pm at night and thinks it is funny and even join in in the fun! You are interfering in my quiet time!

Cali Craft and Gems

Ooo... now you got me thinking of a customer up-country:

Don't phone me while you know I am on holiday asking all about what I have available online and the prices thereof - you are in front of the computer and I am sitting in the middle of nowhere - look for yourself! Also, I do not list a business phone number for a reason - I've begged you for the past month to communicate via email only, yet you still phone me several times a day - and yes, that is why I don't answer your calls anymore - you are driving me nuts!

mellowred    10
mellowred

Mine is ... don't call me from your bed at 7:30am asking for coffee ... I've been up for two hours slaving. Get you ass out of bed get your own. And while your about it, bring me one too with another pack of ciggies.

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

I have another one: DON"T mention ciggies!! :ninja:

(Yay - ninja's back!)