Sign in to follow this  
ARTNOUVEAUFREAK

Sour grape sellers- the point of feedback!

ARTNOUVEAUFREAK

I gave a seller FREE SPIRIT negative feedback because the product was poor quality and arrived chipped. This seller had given me a positive rating for fast payment and good communication. Now, having seen my feedback, she changed her rating to negative with the following comment "to critical !!! product as advertised cant be blamed for post office mishandle please not come buy me again !!". The poor spelling and grammar is probably indicative of what you're dealing with but I now have my first negative rating. So what's the point if you can be sabotaged for honestly rating a transaction? Should you be able to change your rating after the fact, when, as in this case, it's motivated by malice?

P.s Give Free Spirit a skip if you don't wish to be insulted.

MiemsJewels
I gave a seller FREE SPIRIT negative feedback because the product was poor quality and arrived chipped. This seller had given me a positive rating for fast payment and good communication. Now, having seen my feedback, she changed her rating to negative with the following comment "to critical !!! product as advertised cant be blamed for post office mishandle please not come buy me again !!". The poor spelling and grammar is probably indicative of what you're dealing with but I now have my first negative rating. So what's the point if you can be sabotaged for honestly rating a transaction? Should you be able to change your rating after the fact, when, as in this case, it's motivated by malice?

P.s Give Free Spirit a skip if you don't wish to be insulted.

Schucks Art, she could at least gave you a refund and an apologie. Why didn't you discussed it with her first before you gave the negative? PS: IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE TRANSACTION PLEASE CONTACT THE SELLER PRIOR TO GIVING NEUTRAL OR NEGATIVE RATINGS.

Sorry for my poor grammar and spelling.

Hope you and the seller can sort this out. :twisted:

ARTNOUVEAUFREAK

It looks like I'm not the first buyer she's done this to. Check out these replies off her negative ratings:

Negative rating for chinese man ornaments holding buckets and fish 30 Jul 2011

Comment:

Very disappointed. Besides the chinese man's head off broken in post. I would not have bought it as it has been extensively glued and was advertised

by deecapell (28 rating1.gif)

Response:

hi there sorry to hear it was broken in the post cant be blamed for , as far as i know was not glued please send back will refund it has been glued

1x1_trans.gifNegative rating for set of three small silk pictures and metal frames

06 Jul 2011

Comment:

2 out of the 3 frames were broken into little pieces

by AngeliqueJvR (8)

Response:

hi first overal i don't know how these could have got brooken not a fair raiting on them i must say please don't buy again form me

1x1_trans.gifNegative rating for A collection of gold plate cake cutlery

26 Apr 2011

Comment:

advertised gold plated cutlery is of inferior quality and definately not gold plated, this is a case of misrepresentation. , nowehere any marks of gol

by Flinkenvlytig (249 rating3.gif)

Response:

as advertised,gold chrome plate , you did not ask about markings, and it's second hand will now re rate you as you are to critical!!

A nasty piece of work I'd say.

Thanks for your reply. I'll bear that in mind next time.

Regards, :unsure:

Seeds for Africa

Its a bit immature for a seller to negative rate because they received a negative. Having said that I cant agree with you more Miems, its always best to contact the seller BEFORE giving negative or neutral feedback.

ARTNOUVEAUFREAK

Will do next time. Thanks for the advice.

Not1CentMore

I am ready to 'spit tacks'! Buyer bids/wins and, in response to my email, says he did not 'understand' shipping costs AND I get THREE Negative ratings this morning on auctions that closed Friday! AND, I am reported to Community Watch. Yes, I can file a SNC in 7-days, but THREE (unwarranted / unearned) Negatives going into a Crazy Wednesday? Those WILL have an impact on buyers bidding.

If Sellers must wait for 7-days to file SNC, then Buyers must also wait 7-days...but, that road has been traveled many, many times.

I do not anger easily, but I am 'hopping mad' right about now!

Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Ruthie

THANK-YOU to the BoB Staff who removed the negatives!

Edited by Not1CentMore

TS Ron

I often wonder why this happens that the seller changes the ratings? Surely this is not a true reflection on the sale then? Would it not be better if you were to change a rating after a week or so for Bob to ask you to state the reason you wanting to change the rating?

babyface2
I often wonder why this happens that the seller changes the ratings? Surely this is not a true reflection on the sale then? Would it not be better if you were to change a rating after a week or so for Bob to ask you to state the reason you wanting to change the rating?

this is an excellent idea, will stop rating abuse big time.