Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Error Message When Placing New Ads

voldermort    10
voldermort

I am trying to list some ads and keep getting this error message "The Item can not be saved because it has error(s)

• Field Trade_Description should be 8,000 characters or less". I am doing nothing different from what I usually do when listing, however these are the first ads I am putting up in the last few days, has something changed?

Thank You

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
I am trying to list some ads and keep getting this error message "The Item can not be saved because it has error(s)

• Field Trade_Description should be 8,000 characters or less". I am doing nothing different from what I usually do when listing, however these are the first ads I am putting up in the last few days, has something changed?

Thank You

The message means that the content you are placing in the description exceeds our 8000 character limit. Paste your HTML into a normal text-editor and look at the character count. Sometimes HTML is misleading as the rendered content does not look like much, but it could have plenty of HTML tags resulting in going over the limit.

voldermort    10
voldermort

Thanks for the reply, the problem seemed to stem from sentence below......once I stopped copying & pasting and merely manually copied it the ad was fine.(doesnt look like it would be over 8000 characters though) "The Pells Hut has provided shelter for climbers and saved lives when storms have raged in the Cedarberg mountains."