Sign in to follow this  
ChuckyD

## hms victoria building kit for sale ## huge and best on the market

ChuckyD

I have always been interested in authentic ship models and started doing some research into acquiring a kit. I decided on the HMS Victory as it is one of the most famous battle ships. After much research it seems that the largest and biggest kit is the Caldercraft set. Unfortunately it is also by far the most expensive but according to all research the quality and detail is by far the best. At nearly 1385mm long by 525mm wide and 940mm high it is huge and are geared more towards advanced builders. Estimated time to build is 2500 - 3000 hours. At R12k per kit it is also very expensive and as it is very heavy the shipping is killing me. I am looking for other interested parties who may also be interested so we can perhaps combine shipping. Included are some pictures of the completed ship. For more info and pictures you can google it. If anyone are interested in aquiring a kit like this, please feel free to contact me. Please note that this is not a Sunday afternoon build but would propably keep you busy for well over a year. Let me know if interested and I will open a buy now on bob.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1868[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1872[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1871[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1869[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1870[/ATTACH]

kyle2

I love old ships and have been pondering buying a kit like this to start on. I rather like the HMS Bounty kit with the deck cut-away which gives tremendous detail on the interior of the ship, these are available locally for about 4k. If you can better that price, I'd be interested.

PS, Isn't it the HMS Victory, Nelson's ship? I don't remember a HMS Victoria anywhere in history.

Edited by kyle2

ChuckyD

Hi kyle2. Yes my mistake. It is in fact the HMS Victory. Glad to see there are other interested builders out there. The only model of the HMS Bounty these guys seem to have are the following. Unfortunately it is not a cut-away model but a full ship. It is a semi advanced building kit. Ship is 660mm long x 245mm wide x 540mm high. Build to a scale of 1:64.

Kit includes: CNC cut ply and walnut components throughout; Double planking in lime and walnut; copper plates for hull below water line; highly detailed brass etched sheet, including window frames, boat grapnels and oars; chainplate assemblies etc; detailed cast decoration; turned brass cannon; rigging thread in black and natural; full set of instruction plans and detailed instructions.

I just need to make 100% sure of the import taxes on these items but the price will be in the region of R3900 to R4200. The slump in the exchange rate is also not helping. The shipping also is a problem due to weight. If you are interested, I will give you an exact price on Monday.

Bounty..jpg.57477e3b34205d28ebfe9a1c78a019e6.jpg

pencil.png

bounty_03..jpg.7a11f31708777293308186d6b6b2518a.jpg

bounty_01..jpg.f52102bc7f19ddc7716cd79ce2053f91.jpg

bounty_02..jpg.2a338b42d7ba5ee041d61b535a83f49a.jpg

bounty_05..jpg.d868ccab4221dfea98f4efa067e50011.jpg

ChuckyD

## import taxes on model ship building kits ##

Is it possible for anyone to help me with import taxes. I have been calling SARS and customs and no one is able to help me. I need to find out what the exact import taxes will be on static ship model kits. If there is anyone who can help me with info it would be greatly appreciated. :unsure: