Sign in to follow this  
ziggy2000

Is there Industrial Action at the Post Office?

ziggy2000

A parcel I sent off in July has not reached destination yet. I was told by PO's Customer Service that Industrial Action may have delayed the parcel...Can someone please confirm if they have experienced similar delays?

kyle2

I think it is incompetance at play. I sent a parcel to durban this week, next day its in PE and finally its at its destination today, so much for the overnight speed service.:notrust:

retailrush

I sent a parcel to Standerton (PTA) from (JHB) last week Wednesday and it hasn't been delivered yet... The on-line tracking system states it was last scanned at the PTA HUB on Thursday 4 August... When I call Client Services they can't tell me any more... Bad service indeed!!! :cry:

At the moment I am nervous every time I post a parcel...

ziggy2000

Yes, so am I! First I am told my parcel was scanned by the destination PO, next day I am told that it was not, now nobody knows where the parcel is??? Sad thing is that it is a high value item and a new buyer who did not insure :sad2:

brands online
Yes, so am I! First I am told my parcel was scanned by the destination PO, next day I am told that it was not, now nobody knows where the parcel is??? Sad thing is that it is a high value item and a new buyer who did not insure :sad2:

ziggy, I wouldn't stress too much just yet. 99 times out of a hundred, the parcel will turn up at the buyers post office within a week or two. The difficult thing is explaining and convincing the buyer about SAPO's incompetence.

lilythepink

What does the PO know about anything "industrial" (apart from strikes, I mean!)

Okay, perhaps elephants who trample on parcels are industrial?

Seeds for Africa
What does the PO know about anything "industrial" (apart from strikes, I mean!)

Okay, perhaps elephants who trample on parcels are industrial?

I was about to say that. When I go into 99% of post offices its not clear as to whether its a normal day or a planned "go slow". Makes one think!

ziggy2000

I was advised to fill in an enquiry form so the PO can investigate what happened to the parcel. This is the 1st time I have had to do this since trading on BoB, I know I should not stress until the outcome but cannot help feeling jittery about the safety of parcels. The majority of buyers do not insure, what do the other sellers do, refund when parcels go missing?

JORYHA TRADING

I too am needing some serious de-stressing over parcels and tracking. The guys at my post office has informed me this morning that the strike action is due to salary increases because SAPO is offering its workers 3%. The difficulty for me is that buyers would rather believe the SAPO staff member at the other end of the telephone line than the communication we send out informing them of the possible delays. Tracking numbers not showing up - and we get an immediate NEGATIVE. And then later... due to SAPO delays, a positive rating is changed to neutral! Oh, why, Oh why...