Sign in to follow this  
Rahkshi

Item received in bad condition

Rahkshi    10
Rahkshi

I ordered a microphone (Shure Beta 58A) it said "Item Condition: New". When I got it, the outer packaging that the post office put on it had nothing wrong with it, but the inner Shure Beta 58A packaging seemed like it had been wet quite a while ago. The microphone's grill has some rust patches over it and the papers inside the box are damaged from being wet.

What should be done about this?

Here is the link to the deceiving page: Microphones - Shure Beta 58A Supercardioid Dynamic Microphone was sold for R750.00 on 27 Jul at 20:23 by njoy in Johannesburg (ID:41781819)

I have taken photos and I am not happy about this at all.

Regards

mellowred    10
mellowred

Hi Rahkshi,

Welcome to the forum.

Have you contacted the seller with regards to your complaint. From his ratings I would imagine he would be willing to sort this out with you.

Rahkshi    10
Rahkshi

Hi Mellowred,

Yep I have. I'm still waiting for a reply though. This is the second item I am buying on bidorbuy.co.za so I just wasn't sure what the procedures are.

I am quite frustrated about this because I am doing vocals for a band and am using a really bad microphone and we are being set back the longer I don't have a microphone of quality.

Anyways, thanks for the post, I will keep you up to date.

mellowred    10
mellowred

Also from the ratings, he does seem to take a while to respond sometimes so don't get despondent. Bad that you have to wait for something you need though. Good luck.