Sign in to follow this  
whiterebbit

I'm no expert but I would beware "debmay" selling krugerands from UK with no ratings.

whiterebbit

Something tells me that selling a 'buy now',Krugerand , item 5 off, 1/10s and 8 off,1/2 s at much below a price that anyone could buy them only means trouble.Of course one very much newbie(no,not me) has just 'bought' one and they wouldn't be reading here first.But that's the way it goes.Live and learn I suppose.

Cheers,

WReb.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/43227050/2011_1_4_oz_Kruger_Rand.html

Edited by whiterebbit
forgot link

kyle2

"Payment

Direct Deposit to a UK Bank Account. Direct Deposit to a Swiss Bank Account. Moneybookers. Paypal."

I love the swiss bank account idea!:grin:

MiemsJewels
"Payment

Direct Deposit to a UK Bank Account. Direct Deposit to a Swiss Bank Account. Moneybookers. Paypal."

I love the swiss bank account idea!:grin:

HEHEHE Me too Kyle!!

debmay

Absolutely childish sceptics you should not trade on bidorbuy

This is a message for those of you who were so adult to put BEWARE information on bidorbuy.

Absolutely childish, grow up or get off bid or buy, surely you have better things to do with yourselves than

try and slander people who want to grow their business on bid or buy.

This is the first time here, and will probably be my last, as you do not leave a very favourable view of people

who are prepared to trade on bid or buy.

I have dealt on Ebay for many, many years and never have I had such slander pitted against me for no valid reason.

What is soooooo hilarious about a Swiss Bank Account, childish and imature at its best.

I will be taking this matter further with Bid or Buy Administration as there are clearly some nasty, vindictive people out there, with nothing

better to do than snoop around and make trouble for Sellers.

What business is it further of any of you snoopers what prices i sell my items for.

whiterebbit

Oops ! Someone's mad as hell.No offence ,but you look very suspicious to me.Check what I buy.I would be a good customer for a genuine seller of Kr's.

lilythepink
This is a message for those of you who were so adult to put BEWARE information on bidorbuy.

What business is it further of any of you snoopers what prices i sell my items for.

Why so sensitive? This forum is a great place to be warned about possible fraudulent sellers and those who are honourable and have the actual products for sale do not get on the defensive! It is certainly not immature to be aware of scammers on internet sites and I would hope that you aren't one of them, but new sellers with below normal prices are open to discussion.

I hope you'll stay on the forum, learn a lot and enjoy being a seller on BoB. Good luck.

admin

Hi debmay,

Welcome to the forums.

Forum Community Watch

Scammers? Fly-by-night? This is where you post your concerns... your real experiences... Warn others... But make sure you have the facts before posting... you must post the link to the item. Read the rules before posting!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Absolutely childish, grow up or get off bid or buy, surely you have better things to do with yourselves than

try and slander people who want to grow their business on bid or buy.

This is the first time here, and will probably be my last, as you do not leave a very favourable view of people

who are prepared to trade on bid or buy.

I have dealt on Ebay for many, many years and never have I had such slander pitted against me for no valid reason.

What is soooooo hilarious about a Swiss Bank Account, childish and imature at its best.

I will be taking this matter further with Bid or Buy Administration as there are clearly some nasty, vindictive people out there, with nothing

better to do than snoop around and make trouble for Sellers.

Would collection and payment on collection be possible??

debmay

Payment on collection

Payment on collection in the United Kingdom is no problem at all. I have, however, requested BidorBuy to close my account, so will be listing on other Better Known Auction Sites only. At least I am known there, have loads of 100% feedback and will not have to answer to forum members. My ideas of selling on a South African market place have now well and truly been laid to rest. Perhaps for the future BOB powers that be should vet sellers BEFORE allowing them to list, instead of permitting other members to slander without FACTS, as stated below by BOB Admin.

Hi debmay,

Welcome to the forums.

Forum Community Watch

Scammers? Fly-by-night? This is where you post your concerns... your real experiences... Warn others... But make sure you have the facts before posting... you must post the link to the item. Read the rules before posting!

Edited by debmay

mellowred

Hi debmay, as an experienced internet seller, you must be very aware of the scammers out there. The forum is used to bring suspicious listings to the notice of the BoB administration, as well as to other BoB members. This should not be taken personally, in fact it should make you feel safer in that someone would be looking out for your best interests in future trades too.

MiemsJewels
Hi debmay, as an experienced internet seller, you must be very aware of the scammers out there. The forum is used to bring suspicious listings to the notice of the BoB administration, as well as to other BoB members. This should not be taken personally, in fact it should make you feel safer in that someone would be looking out for your best interests in future trades too.

Welcome to the Forum debmay!!!

I Agree with you Admin & Mellowred, and you also should be aware of it debmay. A lot of scammers out there. :bigsmile:

Edited by MiemsJewels

admin

Hi debmay,

The involvement of the users to keep bidorbuy safe from fraudulent deals is in fact very much appreciated and encouraged. I do believe there is no other online auction site that has this much support from the users to keep "their" site safe. Should an item look suspicious it should be reported and investigated, it is to the benefit of all using bidorbuy.

Your items looked suspicious and to some people the Swiss bank account might be the cherry on the cake. The post was made because whiterebbit was concerned about the low price of your Krugerrands and wanted it investigated before spending money on your items. Exactly what should be done to keep this site safe. All you had to do was supply the requested documentation and the thread would have been removed at your request.

Will you be concluding the two sales you made ?

donovink

I too would have been wary of this seller. When I see an overseas seller listing items, I often check the ebay sites to see if the seller has an account there, as that would obviously be their first choice in auction sites, and check the feedback they have there. In this instance there is one debmay found on ebay and has location set as Australia. The user has also never sold anything on ebay and has only made small purchases for costume jewellery.

It may be a coincidence that the username is the same but this would have made me wary of buying from debmay especially these high value items. For the 2 buyers of debmay's items, I hope that we are all wrong in our concerns and that if payment is made they use paypal where they might have a chance of getting their money back if things go wrong

ATA STAMP CENTRE
I too would have been wary of this seller. When I see an overseas seller listing items, I often check the ebay sites to see if the seller has an account there, as that would obviously be their first choice in auction sites, and check the feedback they have there. In this instance there is one debmay found on ebay and has location set as Australia. The user has also never sold anything on ebay and has only made small purchases for costume jewellery.

It may be a coincidence that the username is the same but this would have made me wary of buying from debmay especially these high value items. For the 2 buyers of debmay's items, I hope that we are all wrong in our concerns and that if payment is made they use paypal where they might have a chance of getting their money back if things go wrong

I agree wholeheartedly-GOLD is the one commodity you do not have to discount to sell,especially at the current markets as climbing all the time-The price was just too unrealistic!!WELL below the app R3300 you can get for these coins and rising all the time.

neil

NEIL

Miss Jewels

And now their account is disabled as also no reply to Admin's post. Also, why would the seller want the thread removed?

MiemsJewels
And now their account is disabled as also no reply to Admin's post. Also, why would the seller want the thread removed?

Guilty Conscience, or did we hurt his/her feelings?

Edited by MiemsJewels

kyle2

Shame, looks like she took it too personally. I did not notice anything bad said about her Swiss account, in fact I said 'I like that idea'. :bigsmile: The sad fact is that as South Africans we are terribly jaded by scam artists in this country, anything that looks remotely out of the ordinary is treated with suspicion. Debmay, my advice to you is to weather the storm, come through it with your flag held high, and you will grow with this experience. If you bail out now, you will only confirm any suspicions there were about you.

Vegar

"You Snoopers" ... I like it!

Great idea for TV series ... The Snoopers Strike again! Dedicated detectives following the link trail to the Shill bidder's den, tracking down skulking cons out to skin innocent buyers ... stuff like that is way :cool: cool