Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Some Buyers.....

Seeds for Africa

I was just told that I need to learn a thing or two about selling on bidorbuy......... by a user with 55% ratings and 20 sales! He went on to tell Bob that he will be complaining about me. Interesting thing is he claimed he has been on holiday yet he has made sales since the auctions of mine closed. Sometime I am surprised I have any hair left! It reminds me of the idiot who threatened SProducts http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/selling-bidorbuy/13709-how-do-you-respond-email.html

Am I being unreasonable with the way I do things. My terms are clear - 48hrs. I send an email on auction close. After 4 days I remind the buyer that I havent received payment and will SNC after 7 days. I then SNC. If still no payment the buyer gets negative feedback. I think its vital that one does give negative feedback as it is after all there to make bob a safer place.

MiemsJewels
I was just told that I need to learn a thing or two about selling on bidorbuy......... by a user with 55% ratings and 20 sales! He went on to tell Bob that he will be complaining about me. Interesting thing is he claimed he has been on holiday yet he has made sales since the auctions of mine closed. Sometime I am surprised I have any hair left! It reminds me of the idiot who threatened SProducts http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/selling-bidorbuy/13709-how-do-you-respond-email.html

Am I being unreasonable with the way I do things. My terms are clear - 48hrs. I send an email on auction close. After 4 days I remind the buyer that I havent received payment and will SNC after 7 days. I then SNC. If still no payment the buyer gets negative feedback. I think its vital that one does give negative feedback as it is after all there to make bob a safer place.

Never a dull moment on Bidorbuy!!

SProducts

Dont make much of it, you are not in the wrong. They always try to turn things around so you end up feeling like the bad guy.

booksallsizes

Well... All I can say @Gamu, is that my purchasing experience from you was great.:cool: And your ratings are the proof of that - so don't let people get you down.

Cali Craft and Gems

LOL - your experience makes me chuckle with "relief" that I'm not the only seller having a hard time with certain buyers...

It states clearly under my payment options in all listings that I do not accept credit card payments for orders under R150. Then you get the buyer who insists on paying for a R60 order via credit card! I reject the transaction, send her a polite email asking her to please make alternative arrangements for payment as there is a message on the system. Boy oh boy... I should have kept quiet!

She throws a hissy fit, chokes on a hairball, then proceeds to tell me all about my childhood, upbringing, etc. (me being a spoilt brat with a serious attitude problem). She rates me neutral, then sends an email stating that the order is cancelled. I rate her negative stating that she has not adhered to our payment terms and conditions, and that she is now blocked.

She then sends me an email really throwing her toys out her cot all about how rude I am, how inconsiderate I am, etc and changes the rating to negative. In the mean time, I don't know who she has spoken to, but my negative rating of her has vanished and the system is blocking me from rating her again. I replied to her email explaining why I rated her negative, and how many times during the order and payment process the message of "only for purchases over R150" appears. I also stated that as per her request, the transaction is cancelled and this will be followed with an SNC.

I cc'd Candice and Natashja of BoB so that they can be aware of the situation, as well as to possibly look into the matter - I'd especially like to know who removed my rating ability of this transaction without even bothering to contact me!

The latest email received is that she now admits that I was not in the wrong (duh!), and that she'll pay me extra for the order. She has also informed me that she will change her rating of me if I let her buy the items. She is also upset that I cc'd the email to her as she wanted it to be a "private" matter. This buyer is trying to tell me "how" to run my business and the type of email I should have sent her instead of rejecting her payment - wanting me to ask her pretty please to change her mind if she cannot pay via EFT, etc. (what the hell???)

At the end of the day I know I've done nothing wrong and someone at BoB will have to answer as to why they removed my rating without consult! Perhaps I'm being a b**** in some people's eyes, but do I really have to sweet talk every non-compliant buyer for them to complete their transaction adequately? (I never realised I was in charge of a kindergarten group!)

With me having over 14500 sales over the past few years, do I have to accept a "new" seller / buyer (less than 100 sales) telling me where to get off? I don't think so!

Edited by Cali Craft and Gems

lilythepink

It sounds like we all need a sundower!

TS Ron
It sounds like we all need a sundower!

I shall second that thank you.. Great Idea!

MiemsJewels
I shall second that thank you.. Great Idea!

More than a sundowner Lilly. Something much stronger! :biggrin:

Cali Craft and Gems

I agree wholeheartedly...

Add the buyer "grief" to my washing machine packing up, my dishwasher packing up, hubby on a go-slow, my mother on a permanent strike, and the kitten who is demanding at best! My garage / laundry roof still leaks (been a few years now) and it started raining again a few hours ago. Managed to do "emergency" washing, and am battling for the darn stuff to dry in the tumble drier. Hubby went out at 3pm "quickly" to his best friend and "would be home soon" to take the bags to the tip (he finally managed to cut the lawn yesterday for the first time in about 10 weeks!), and to take the mole we caught to be released in the veld (he / she is currently in a bucket of sand). He was also supposed to take me out today for breakfast or lunch, or for a drive, but got distracted. So, in return, I watched some TV, and have not started anything for supper. If he's hungry (and thirsty knowing him), then HE can take me out for supper... at his expense for a change... even though I'd expect him to throw a tantrum about "going out again" anyway! I never win...

PS. And don't forget the older "indoors" cat who has lost her marbles due to the inclement weather (she's chasing shadows in a box as I type), and the stray young cat who pitched up in my yard last week and who nobody has claimed... (he's currently at Grans' house cos my lot are bad influences! LOL)

Cali Craft and Gems

And yip - you guessed it - something else has just "packed up" - the windscreen wipers on my car!

If anyone is looking for me, check the looney bin! :toung:

Seeds for Africa
Well... All I can say @Gamu, is that my purchasing experience from you was great.:cool: And your ratings are the proof of that - so don't let people get you down.

Thanks booksallsizes. I like to think my customer service goes the extra mile and gives all my customers a positive experience.

kyle2

Everyone who has posted here above goes the extra mile for their customers, there will always be that 'one' customer who tries to spoil it, nothing we can do about that.

I have found recently with regards the 'Sundowners', the cheaper it is, the better it whacks you! Bring on the cheap and nasty stuff I say!:bigsmile:

Copious quantities please...........

MiemsJewels
Everyone who has posted here above goes the extra mile for their customers, there will always be that 'one' customer who tries to spoil it, nothing we can do about that.

I have found recently with regards the 'Sundowners', the cheaper it is, the better it whacks you! Bring on the cheap and nasty stuff I say!:bigsmile:

Copious quantities please...........

OH Yeah for Kyle's suggestion. Will really, really try it. Just as long I never have to drink Slanghoek in my life again....ever!! :shock:

Cali Craft and Gems

I'm not a drinker, but some days it is most welcome! (especially when you can't find a strong enough cup of coffee!)

Not1CentMore

Another 'shakes head'...

Buyer has (slightly) under 80% positive with 1258 total purchases and 191 of them negative. I will be filing a SNC on four bid/win/bale (absolutely NO communication and yet, buyer has received two positive ratings in last two days) tomorrow. Seems (some) buyers bid/win and then 'pick 'n choose' which auctions they will pay for. Almost makes me want to throw M&M Almonds...but not quite.

(yet another shaking head) It won't be long before we sellers will be the only ones 'above ground'. My buyers, or their family members or friends or co-workers or.... are 'dropping like flies'. It is no longer 'the dog ate my homework' or 'someone else' bid excuse, it is now, 'the Grim Reaper did it' :bigsmile:.

Ruthie

SProducts

Thought I should share this here instead of a new thread.

This buyer buys on a Buy Now at 14h39, then I receive this email from the buyer.

I am also a seller, and I need a keyboard/case urgently for a client, my order will not arrive until next week. I have allowed more than enough to sent the keyboard by overnight counter to counter speed services couriers from the post office. Please send to...

Then I reply,

We dont do speed services at this moment and I believe you selected econo parcel service. I cannot guarantee when it will be received though, but all parcels are sent out atleast within 2 working days after payment confirmation.

Then they send this email, notice the shouting with CAPS.

No I did not select econo as econo is only R35. I NEED THIS DELIVERED AS I ASKED BY SATURDAY, THE CLIENT IS GOING OVER SEAS SUNDAY. WHY CAN YOU NOT SEND BY OVERNIGHT SPEED SERVICES AS I ASK, I PAID R65 FOR POSTAGE AND SPEED SERVICES OVERNIGHT COUNTER TO COUNTER IS R57, IF YOU CANNOT SEND TOMORROW AS YOU STATE THEN WE MUST CANCEL AND REFUND ME IN FULL, SO I CAN USE SOMEONE ELSE. YOU STATE ON YOUR ADD THAT YOU DELIVER TO THE POSTOFFICE MONDAY WENDSEDAY AND FRIDAY, TOMORROW IS FRIDAY SO MY PARCEL CAN GO TOMORROW, AND I DO NOT SEE WHY YOU CAN NOT USE OVERNIGHT COUNTER TO COUNTER, I PAID ENOUGH FOR IT.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW SOONEST AS I WILL HAVE TO MAKE OTHER ARRANGEMENTS.

Now I send them an email explaining the terms of shipping, and I agreed to refund the MINUs the banking charges I will incur to refund them. I also told him I doubt he's a seller as no seller would do this, first they would have read the terms of shipping, secondly they would have requested a favour for the parcel to jump all other parcels. I cant stop everything and do their parcel only.

Whats worse I dont offer Speed Services anymore due to recent losses of parcels and we are still trying to get Speed Services to investigate and they dont respond. So we stopped using it to avoid similar losses as it seems they are after our parcels.

Seeds for Africa
Thought I should share this here instead of a new thread.

This buyer buys on a Buy Now at 14h39, then I receive this email from the buyer.

I am also a seller, and I need a keyboard/case urgently for a client, my order will not arrive until next week. I have allowed more than enough to sent the keyboard by overnight counter to counter speed services couriers from the post office. Please send to...

Then I reply,

We dont do speed services at this moment and I believe you selected econo parcel service. I cannot guarantee when it will be received though, but all parcels are sent out atleast within 2 working days after payment confirmation.

Then they send this email, notice the shouting with CAPS.

No I did not select econo as econo is only R35. I NEED THIS DELIVERED AS I ASKED BY SATURDAY, THE CLIENT IS GOING OVER SEAS SUNDAY. WHY CAN YOU NOT SEND BY OVERNIGHT SPEED SERVICES AS I ASK, I PAID R65 FOR POSTAGE AND SPEED SERVICES OVERNIGHT COUNTER TO COUNTER IS R57, IF YOU CANNOT SEND TOMORROW AS YOU STATE THEN WE MUST CANCEL AND REFUND ME IN FULL, SO I CAN USE SOMEONE ELSE. YOU STATE ON YOUR ADD THAT YOU DELIVER TO THE POSTOFFICE MONDAY WENDSEDAY AND FRIDAY, TOMORROW IS FRIDAY SO MY PARCEL CAN GO TOMORROW, AND I DO NOT SEE WHY YOU CAN NOT USE OVERNIGHT COUNTER TO COUNTER, I PAID ENOUGH FOR IT.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW SOONEST AS I WILL HAVE TO MAKE OTHER ARRANGEMENTS.

Now I send them an email explaining the terms of shipping, and I agreed to refund the MINUs the banking charges I will incur to refund them. I also told him I doubt he's a seller as no seller would do this, first they would have read the terms of shipping, secondly they would have requested a favour for the parcel to jump all other parcels. I cant stop everything and do their parcel only.

Whats worse I dont offer Speed Services anymore due to recent losses of parcels and we are still trying to get Speed Services to investigate and they dont respond. So we stopped using it to avoid similar losses as it seems they are after our parcels.

Another buyer who thinks he can change your businesses terms and conditions. I agree with your course of action. And I also agree - if he is a seller he would know better. Maybe he sold one or two things and now thinks he is a "seller". Can be so frustrating!

SProducts
Another buyer who thinks he can change your businesses terms and conditions. I agree with your course of action. And I also agree - if he is a seller he would know better. Maybe he sold one or two things and now thinks he is a "seller". Can be so frustrating!

The problem is the buyer(seller) has pressure from their client who bought same and since he cant provide he had to buy from someone to dropship for them. I have also had similar situations where a buy now is still on when the item has gone out of stock, I search on BoB and if I find the product I buy it. But first I ask the seller if its okay that they send to my client and ask them not to include their details on the parcel. I have never had problems with the buyer or the seller.

Seeds for Africa

Sometimes I just chuckle. I had a special on last week (deal of the week) and today get an email from the one buyer. "This serves to advise you that I will pay at the end of the month"

MiemsJewels
Sometimes I just chuckle. I had a special on last week (deal of the week) and today get an email from the one buyer. "This serves to advise you that I will pay at the end of the month"

Buy Now items~~ Plus "deal of the week"!! Bad, bad buyer indeed! Ook maar lekker deurmekaar:sick:

SProducts

I received an email from a buyer who won last week Crazy Wednesday auction. The buyer tells me that he was planning on paying Thursday or Friday, unfortunately on Thursday morning when they woke up his siter was dead. The sister didnt have a funeral policy and so they had to contribute and they burried her on Sunday. They want to pay on 25th as they have no money.

This is getting worse, buyers are now killing relatives to avoid paying!

lilythepink

Oh dear Sipho. You do seem to get some funny buyers! That's certainly a novel excuse for not paying on time if there ever was one!

MiemsJewels
I received an email from a buyer who won last week Crazy Wednesday auction. The buyer tells me that he was planning on paying Thursday or Friday, unfortunately on Thursday morning when they woke up his siter was dead. The sister didnt have a funeral policy and so they had to contribute and they burried her on Sunday. They want to pay on 25th as they have no money.

This is getting worse, buyers are now killing relatives to avoid paying!

Sipho.........now they will have to pay bail too.......no more money left for the goodies. You will have to wait till they get out of jail

Cali Craft and Gems

Just received a Q&A on an item... "Will you accept a R10.00 offer for this stone?"

The item cost me R60, I've listed it at R65, and he wants me to sell it at R10? Sorry, but I don't think so!

Besides, it is very well priced considering how rare / uncommon the good quality stone is anyway - R65 is a bargain already!

voldermort

RE: questions, this one has left me absolutely flummoxed.............if you look at the item I am selling you will quickly see the reason why :amazed: :wondering:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]1975 Romania Carpets - Complete Set Of 6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Question[/TD]

[TD] (18 rating1.gif)

21 Aug 2011 20:39

Hi, could you kindly let me know the size of each carpet? Are they wall hangings or can you put them on the floor? Are they washable? What would the postage cost to Port Alfred (Eastern Cape) be? [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by voldermort