Sign in to follow this  
BeadsandBaubles

Fabric

BeadsandBaubles

Can anyone help me on this? I am looking for material which can be used without having to seam the edges (ie it must not unravel at the edges) If anyone knows the name of what I can use, would be a big help. Preferably something lightweight. Thanks in advance.

retailrush

I've done a bit of research on Google and it seems the consensus is that felt, fleece, lycra and tshirting don't fray. They also speak of a spray that one can use to stop other types of materials from fraying.

Not being a sewer myself I would suggest you ask for advice at your local material shop - or, maybe some other forum members will be able to shed more light on the subject.

BeadsandBaubles

Thanks RR

I used to sew myself but have no need to anymore (did a lot of my kids clothing - but since they're out of the house, have not touched my sewing machine for a while)

I'm so dof, should have thought of the t-shirting and the lycra, I still have piles of the stuff left. Unpacking it again made me a bit nostalgic, might just make some kids summer wear and try selling it.

I made this lovely summer scarf in 15 minutes with some lovely lightweight t-shirting (actually going to sell the beads, but thought I might need to have a sample to showcase them) Seeing how lovely it looks, might just make some more and try selling them as well.

White..jpg.89643437b4c0d79ab7739f1c103151df.jpg

retailrush

This is really lovely B&B and I am sure they would sell. You are very clever! :bigsmile:

TS Ron

Wow B&B that is stunning! You are so creative!

lilythepink

Well done, B&B. I think you could make some money out of scarves on BoB - lightweight ones for summer and heavier weight for winter. Good luck.

If you can fray the ends (for fringes) that might also appeal.

Pickle Bearies

Another new fantastic non fray , stretch fabric on the market is "Bob-bon" or try trilobal . Both are great for light weight non fray items.