Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Excessive Listings

Seeds for Africa

What do bob regard as excessive listings. I understand the policy that you may have a buy now and an auction listing only. Do bob work on a sales to number of listings ratio. Without mentioning names, I came accross a seller (call them seller A) who has 78 000 + listings yet they have sold 265 items in the last 30 days. That's a sell through rate of 0.3%. Is this fair to other sellers. In the same category you have another seller (Seller B) who has 580 listings and 182 items sold in the last month or a sell through rate of 31.3%. So seller B's sell through rate is 104 times better than seller A who has 78 000 listings. This doesnt seem right?

Looking at this from another angle. You have to wade through 134 of seller A's listings to see one of seller B's listings. This just doesnt seem right?

Edited by Seeds for Africa

BeadsandBaubles

Ah, I think I know who you are talking about, don't they have an online store as well? So it won't help me much to list my 400 or so products of the same kind, will only get lost amongst all those listings.

Just Beachin

Would it be fair to tell us what kind of items seller a sell?

Seeds for Africa

Its not about naming any seller as this isnt a witch hunt and certainly not fair to the seller involved. I am sure they have done thier listings in good faith. I am just trying to establish what bobs policy is on sell through rates (if thats the right terminology to use).

brands online

Hi Gamu,

From BOB Listing policy:

In order to create a fair and level playing field, and provide an enjoyable and safe experience for Buyers, Sellers may not manipulate or abuse the listing service to get items featured more regularly, prominently or spam the bidorbuy website with multiple product listings. This is entirely at the discretion of bidorbuy and will be monitored on a case by case basis.

This also includes but is not limited to: repeated multiple relistings with short durations, keyword spamming, spamming categories with multiple items (with the same or similar items), and listing in the wrong categories. Users found abusing the system will be given a warning first, thereafter, if this activity continues, the Seller will be charged an excess Listing Fee of R0.10 per listing on their listings over and above their free listing allowance. The free listing allowance will be calculated as the greater of:

• 100 listings per week (calculated from Sunday to Saturday).
  • The maximum number of sales by the Seller in any one week period over the past 6 weeks multiplied by 5.

I think that speaks volumes about your seller in question...:hm:

Edited by brands online