Sign in to follow this  
Fashion Police

SAPO Strike 2011??

Fashion Police

Hi there,

I always follow up with my buyers on the receipt of their parcels....

One of my buyers notified me this morning that their parcel still in transit and will be delayed due to Post Office strike?

Has anyone heard anything about it?

I recall in 2009 (before I started selling), some sellers were rated negative by buyers due to the delay with deliveries because of the strike back then - (which obviously was not fair towards the sellers as this was beyond their control.)

lilythepink

I haven't heard anything yet about a PO strike.

kyle2

Oh Joy of Joys, that too now as well?:disgusted:

Fashion Police

No idea, I've just done a search but can't find anything?

Guess we'll have to wait & see? it won't surprise me though, it's so typical in this country - can't keep track of of all the strikes anymore :notrust:

MiemsJewels
Oh Joy of Joys, that too now as well?:disgusted:

No joy Kyle. There was a strike. but luckily it is over now. More like a slow strike. Some my parcels do not even show on the Sapo website.

I am waiting for negative feedbacks flowing in.

:sick:

brands online

SAPO need a serious overhaul! Endless buyers this week complaining about non-delivery or parcels not showing up on tracking system. :mad:

Just Beachin

I've also noticed that the website for track and trace is not kept updated, if I can get the site to even work. I have found that if I call the number on the receipt 0860-111-502, somebody there will always be kind enough to tell me what I want to hear, just never sure if it's true, there is no accountablity there, just the ol run around!

MiemsJewels

The post office keep on telling the buyers that there is nothing wrong with their tracking system, as well as their deliveries.

Wish the post-office could read the following reply from a buyer.

Vonnies2 's comment is

Received 5/8 - posted by you on the 21/7 - I wonder what the Post Office has to say for themselves/ Thanks Miems.

SProducts
The post office keep on telling the buyers that there is nothing wrong with their tracking system, as well as their deliveries.

Wish the post-office could read the following reply from a buyer.

Vonnies2 's comment is

Received 5/8 - posted by you on the 21/7 - I wonder what the Post Office has to say for themselves/ Thanks Miems.

That's so irritating especially since many buyers believe the post office and not the seller. Most would just rate you bad without giving you an opportunity to explain how useless the post office tracking system is and their consultants.

Kit W
I haven't heard anything yet about a PO strike.

Please let me know when there is an official strike - I will never know when our crowd are on strike or not as many days I can wait at the counter for ages before somebody puts their head around the corner to do my "shipping". Really a sight to behold!!

MiemsJewels

NOW THIS..........poor sellers....allways at fault here?

Date: 08/05/11 12:44:04

Subject: [#WMV-77245-433] Order: 4013470

Dear Miems

Kindly advise the status of Order: 4013470. The tracking number does not exist according to SAPO.

Urgent feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Khaba Mkhize

NEED I SAY MORE?

brands online

This is becoming wholly irritating! Parcel from two weeks ago have as yet not arrived at their destination and buyers are becoming increasingly demanding and suspicious. Examples below of delayed parcels:

PARCEL TRACKING RESULTS

Item Number: PE724227621ZA was last scanned on: 2011/08/02 at 00:44:45 Location last scanned: PRETORIA (HUB) Currently has status of: In transit

TRACKING

LINETYPEDATETIMEBRANCHCOMMENTS 1In transit2011/08/0200:44:45PRETORIA (HUB) 2In transit2011/07/2518:07:46CAPEMAIL (HUB) 3Item accepted by branch2011/07/2510:20:54WATERFRONT

PARCEL TRACKING RESULTS

Item Number: PE730282732ZA was last scanned on: 2011/08/05 at 22:05:47 Location last scanned: WITSPOS (HUB) Currently has status of: In transit

TRACKING

LINETYPEDATETIMEBRANCHCOMMENTS 1In transit2011/08/0522:05:47WITSPOS (HUB) 2In transit2011/08/0319:43:30

This one was posted with the one above! :mad:

TS Ron

Brands online I got informed this afternoon that Witpos was on strike by the customer service! As I am awaiting an international parcel from a family member for nearly three weeks now!

JORYHA TRADING

Oh dear me! a buyer places an order and pays 11 August. We process, package and post within our time frame of 48 hrs. It is also our policy to track parcels we send, but since this "strike action" we find that the web page of sapo is not reliable. Message when tracking A technical error occurred. Our technicians are working on the problem. Please try again shortly

So, before we post up the tracking on the bid or buy message system, we want to make sure that it is reflecting, or we face the undue wrath of especially " new buyers". So today, this is a response from a new buyer named: KINENRI "I would appreciate it if you don't try and juke or lie to me again IF I order from your company again. IS THAT CLEAR!

Can other sellers please advise. I am quite concerned about the threatening tone of this message. I dare not paste up the rest!

SProducts

Well seems all buyers enjoys threatening sellers, everytime a buyer cant track or there's a problem. The first email will tell you to respond or else they will tell BoB to blacklist you, they will report you to BoB or take the matter further. Some even tell you they already spoke to their lawyer and they will sue you.

Just be polite and tell them it has been sent and there are possible post office strikes going on in some hubs and also that the tracking system is not working.

I received a negative rating for the number not being trackable this morning.

ziggy2000

HI, I would suggest you direct "Kinenri" to this thread, some new buyers need "education" and this will be the quickest way to do this for his/her benefit.

voldermort
Oh dear me! a buyer places an order and pays 11 August. We process, package and post within our time frame of 48 hrs. It is also our policy to track parcels we send, but since this "strike action" we find that the web page of sapo is not reliable. Message when tracking A technical error occurred. Our technicians are working on the problem. Please try again shortly

So, before we post up the tracking on the bid or buy message system, we want to make sure that it is reflecting, or we face the undue wrath of especially " new buyers". So today, this is a response from a new buyer named: KINENRI "I would appreciate it if you don't try and juke or lie to me again IF I order from your company again. IS THAT CLEAR!

Can other sellers please advise. I am quite concerned about the threatening tone of this message. I dare not paste up the rest!

I would suggest when sending buyers the tracking number for now anyway inform them that all SAPO sites are down & that the tracking number in all probability will not reflect online BUT that the parcel can still be tracked via 0860111502. This is what I have been doing for the last week, remember too that a lot of new buyers are nervous about parting with money through the web so even though it is a bit more time consuming to add in that extra bit in the message, to allay their fears it is worth it.

MiemsJewels

RJL. Join the club. The post office technicians are working on a new system for track & trace. E-mail a link with this thread to the customer.

We as sellers are struggeling for the last couple of weeks with this problem!!

Edited by MiemsJewels

TS Ron

I actually enquired from Customers services at track and trace what was happening they just informed that the internet site is shut down. Although it works at the government offices...