Sign in to follow this  
admin

Pets may not make owners happier

lilythepink

I, for one, would argue with this researcher who, obviously, needs to conduct more conclusive research - which I think would be a waste of time anyway!

MrAerospace and I believe that our pets (aka the Grahamstown zoo!) not only are keeping us healthier and happier but they also bring joy to the folk at the Old Age home when we take them for a visit. It is wonderful to see the smiles on the faces of the golden oldies when they stroke Jenny or Ruby (our labradors) - total contentment and happiness shine on their faces!

booksallsizes

I totally agree, Lily!

I love the one comment to the author of the article: "My dogs say you're talking a lot of cr@p".My sentiments exactly!

@Admin - you're just stirring.... :notrust::biggrin::biggrin:

lilythepink

Admin has brown arms! When one sh*t stirs, It's just the depth that varies! :bigsmile:

booksallsizes

I think this post is going to get him in a lot of trouble... Wait until DA sees it!

I hope he can swim in the stuff!

DestinysAngels

What a load of bull, we do hospital calls to tend to people with cancer, alzeimer's, epilepsi and children who are very ill and i guarantee that when we leave they are smiling and cannot wait for the next visit and some even try and stand up out of a wheelchair to just mearly touch the dogs, what does that say about our beloved dogs, i wonder?:blink:! Unhappiness? I think not!

:wacko:I do not read things like that as it shows the mentality of some and honestly there is really something wrong with them. I don't even bother argueing with people like that, because unfortunately you cannot make a fool see what a fool does not want to see or hear. One should actually feel sorry for them, they are missing a big part of what the meaning of life really is!

booksallsizes

@Admin - told you so! :biggrin:

@DA - exactly right! What a stupid study to spend money on anyway. They should be fined the amount they spent on that study and the proceeds should go to SPCA.

lilythepink

I cannot think of a better suggestion, BAS! It's incredible the amount of money that gets wasted on so-called "research" these days when there are far better things to spend it on.

Quite frankly, I think the researchers in this instance need their own heads "researched". (Perhaps they're attached to a looney bin?)

admin

@Admin - you're just stirring.... :notrust::biggrin::biggrin:

I am appalled, I would never...:whistling:

booksallsizes
Admin has brown arms! When one sh*t stirs, It's just the depth that varies! :bigsmile:

You see, Admin - Lily's got your number so the innocent act ain't gonna fool us!

Nubbi

I would not have made it through my illness and treatment without the help of my two dogs! they were with me every step of the way! so he does not know what he is talking about.:nuts:

StudMuffinsMissus

Admin...YOU deserve a severe rapping over the knuckles :disgusted:. Not only did you not vote for my dog Bovril...you are now bad-mouthing my family! Hope you are ashamed of yourself :blink1: I'm not even reading the link, you're wasting my bandwith :evil:

admin
Admin...YOU deserve a severe rapping over the knuckles :disgusted:. Not only did you not vote for my dog Bovril...you are now bad-mouthing my family! Hope you are ashamed of yourself :blink1: I'm not even reading the link, you're wasting my bandwith :evil:

Vote, what vote, where, when :sneaky:

I go to FB about once a month, if his name was peanut butter it would have helped :twisted:

TS Ron

Absolutely disagree I believe pets do make you happy! If my eldest son did not have his dog when he was going through a rough time with an illness I do not think he would of made it.We even smuggled his dog to the hospital window while he was there. And eventually got permission from the medical staff to allow the dog in. The welcome I get from my dogs when I get home from being out for the morning truly makes me feel more appreciated.

mellowred

Vote, what vote, where, when :sneaky:

I go to FB about once a month, if his name was peanut butter it would have helped :twisted:

You should be very careful here Mr A. Stud Muffin works out at the gym. And with that tongue he would have no difficulty giving you the good licking you deserve.

StudMuffinsMissus

Yep, consider yourself well & truly licked

406660_110807113516_3729108-english-bulldog-with-tongue-sticking-out-giving-a-big-lick.jpg