Sign in to follow this  
MacMuffin

Feedback needed: Listing Terms & Conditions

MacMuffin

As you will probably have noticed, the new BuyNow UI went in last night. We have introduced a "tabbed" view to split the item description and payment/shipping into separate tabs, as we found that buyers get lost in one long page.

We will introduce a separate T&C section (another tab) where sellers can move their T&C's out of the item-description and/or payment/shipping details.

A couple of things to consider:

• Would you require separate T&C's for the different item types? Ideally you only want to have T&C's relevant to the item type if they differ instead of one long page of T&C's covering everything.
  • Once an item opens, T&C's attached to that item can not change and updated T&C's would only come into effect for new listings.
  • For the sake of page-load (and SEO) the T&C's should not have more content than the item listings description - this is already currently a problem, where Google indexes T&C's keywords over the actual item description.

Post any relevant feedback and suggestions here...

Seeds for Africa
As you will probably have noticed, the new BuyNow UI went in last night. We have introduced a "tabbed" view to split the item description and payment/shipping into separate tabs, as we found that buyers get lost in one long page.

We will introduce a separate T&C section (another tab) where sellers can move their T&C's out of the item-description and/or payment/shipping details.

A couple of things to consider:

• Would you require separate T&C's for the different item types? Ideally you only want to have T&C's relevant to the item type if they differ instead of one long page of T&C's covering everything.In my case no - I do not require seperate terms and conditions and one set will cover my entire range.
  • Once an item opens, T&C's attached to that item can not change and updated T&C's would only come into effect for new listings. I dont see an issue with that.
  • For the sake of page-load (and SEO) the T&C's should not have more content than the item listings description - this is already currently a problem, where Google indexes T&C's keywords over the actual item description. No problem.

Post any relevant feedback and suggestions here...

[*]Would you require separate T&C's for the different item types? Ideally you only want to have T&C's relevant to the item type if they differ instead of one long page of T&C's covering everything.In my case no - I do not require seperate terms and conditions and one set will cover my entire range.

[*]Once an item opens, T&C's attached to that item can not change and updated T&C's would only come into effect for new listings. I dont see an issue with that.

[*]For the sake of page-load (and SEO) the T&C's should not have more content than the item listings description - this is already currently a problem, where Google indexes T&C's keywords over the actual item description. No problem.

RAG Auctioneers

This is a very welcome upgrade.

We currently only deal in auctions, so I can not comment on the first point.

Second two points are no problems.

SProducts

Its looks very nice and user friendly, thanks for the development.

I would like to have different T&C's for different item types.

lilythepink

I am the peanut gallery when it comes to selling on BoB but I would only require one set of T&C's. Thanks, Mac.

Vegar

Ok ... so that is what happened to the shipping details :unsure: for the last couple of days I have been looking at items and going "Darn, these people don't give shipping information, I am NOT buying from them!"

Even though I am a seasoned E-Bay buyer - and it is exactly like on E-bay! - I never noticed the tab ...

MiemsJewels

Very good change Mac. I love it. Looks very proffesional, and also user friendly. Thank you Mac.

MacMuffin
Ok ... so that is what happened to the shipping details :unsure: for the last couple of days I have been looking at items and going "Darn, these people don't give shipping information, I am NOT buying from them!"

Even though I am a seasoned E-Bay buyer - and it is exactly like on E-bay! - I never noticed the tab ...

We will make the tabs more prominent and introduce some color/different fonts so that they stand out. We do agree that the shipping information somewhat goes "under".