Sign in to follow this  
dustos

Change back to basic seller status

dustos

Hi There

I would like to know how do I change back from being an advance seller to a basic seller. I don't need to be an advanced seller right now and I believe I have made a mistake choosing my seller status?

Can anyone help me please?

admin

Hi dustos,

Welcome to the forums.

Basic Sellers are restricted to receiving payments by bobPay EFT only. An Advanced Seller has more payment options to give to buyers. This is the only difference between the two, why would you want to go back ?

Little Miss Muffet

Can I go back to the market please Andries?

MiemsJewels

Never even knew that Basic or Advanced seller exists. Never too old to learn.

lilythepink

Is an "Advanced" seller also known as a "Verified" seller?

lilythepink

Thanks, Admin. But could you tell me what an "advanced" seller is?

admin

Basic Sellers can sell on Auction, Buy Now and now via a Classified Advert. bidorbuy receives payments from Buyers on their behalf using bobPay EFT if listing a Buy Now or Auction. When you register as a basic Seller, you may start selling immediately. No bank details or credit card required.

However, in order to list a Classified Advert, you will be required to pay up front via credit card before the listing is displayed on the site. Alternatively, if you have a credit in your bidorbuy account, the fees will be debited immediately from your existing credit balance. If you do not have sufficient credit the full amount owed will have to be paid via credit card.

Advanced Sellers can sell on Auction, Buy Now and through Classifieds. They can choose which payment methods to accept from Buyers and can use all Paid Listing Enhancement options. They can also make personal offers to Buyers. When you apply to register as an Advanced Seller, you may have to wait several days for your status to be approved. Bank details or credit card is required.

When you apply to become an Advanced Seller, you need to disclose your bank account or your credit card details. bidorbuy will attempt to debit R10 from your account. That amount is credited back to your bidorbuy account and can be used to pay future bidorbuy fees. This R10 take-and-return exercise serves to verify that you have supplied the correct account details. View the Fee Rate Card for sellers.

------>Help - Selling - Register As a Seller <------

Little Miss Muffet

:confused:You have not answered my question admin

Pathway

Advanced sellers can use Paid Listing Enhancements, and can make personal offers, as far as I can see. They can also use other payment options besides Bobpay.

admin
Can I go back to the market please Andries?

Only if you bring back some nice prezzies...

dustos

Thank You All!

Thank you all for clearing things up for me and taking an interest in my thread!

Kind Regards

Dustos

lilythepink

Thanks for the explanations, Admin. Seems I am an advanced and a verified seller? Good grief, I didn't even know that! LOL

jonegeldenhuys

How do I change back to basic seller from advanced seller. I accidentally chose the advanced seller options and it has taken ages for my profile to be verified. I just want to sell one item for now so I only need to be a basic seller.