Sign in to follow this  
MacMuffin

Another lick of paint (BuyNow's)

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Hi all,

we have just "repainted" our buy now pages. The look and feel you see on those pages will similarly carry through to the other item types in the next weeks.

We don't anticipate that you experience any problems, but if something does look "out-of-whack" just force a browser refresh (CTRL+F5) or delete your browser's cache.

If you spot any bugs or issues, please post here and we will sort those out during the course of tomorrow (3rd August).

Edited by MacMuffin

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Hi Mac. Please check the Buy Now's as some of the 3 line wording is cut off....

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
Hi Mac. Please check the Buy Now's as some of the 3 line wording is cut off....

Thanks - we noticed that as well on some items - will fix it tomorrow morning...

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Thanx Mac! Have a good evening

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Looks good, but if I can give a suggestion, please put the Quantity Available just under the price / above the closing date as it is lost within the other sub-section... Going to have stacks of buyers asking how much is available (if I was getting queries with the old layout, the new layout is going to cause much confusion especially with the "technically" challenged!)

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Looking good! When will there be a section for Terms and Conditions so we can take those out of the listings?

Thanks

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
Looking good! When will there be a section for Terms and Conditions so we can take those out of the listings?

The T&C's will slot in as another tab (next to "Shipping & Payment") in the near future. We want to get all the item pages migrated and once that is done, T&C's will easily slot in. I have opened a separate thread for T&C's to get everyones feedback (http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/feedback-bidorbuy-team/14342-feedback-needed-listing-terms-conditions.html). We envision that T&C's will go in towards end of September.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

One more thing - you will notice there is quite a bit of white-space around the thumbnail. At the moment will only show the current 120*120px sized thumbnail, but going forward we will introduce bigger thumbnails (240*240px) as well as the option of an image-caroussel to allow you to display multiple item images in a gallery-type view.

As you can appreciate, migrating 12m thumbnails will take time and we will only look at this towards the end of Q4.

voldermort    10
voldermort

So then the ads that are up right now, as you move forward will those thumbnails automatically expand or will the images have to be taken again manually to fit correctly?

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
So then the ads that are up right now, as you move forward will those thumbnails automatically expand or will the images have to be taken again manually to fit correctly?

We will automatically generate 240x240px thumbnails going forward. So ensure that the thumbnail images you upload are a minimum of 240x240 as we will upscale/downscale to a new image size....

daisyjewel    10
daisyjewel

I must say -- I love the new look of the buy-nows :bigsmile: Very neat and smart.... thanks so much :blink1:

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

I have noticed that when you move over the clickable links on my listing the border changes colour to a yellow colour. Is this a standard thing?

voldermort    10
voldermort

I'm not sure if this is related to the new "look" but since last week I am continually bn logged off BoB eg: I can be busy relisting, creating an ad, just reading an ad and I will suddenly get a message saying "your log in is invalid please re log in"....................this sometimes happens up to 3x in the space of an hour, and as said this is only happening since the change last week. Could you possibly look into this.

Thank you.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hello Macmuffin

Since you have rolled out the new look - which I love - I am experiencing constant logouts and database errors.

It doesn't seem to matter which part of the site I am in - whether I am listing, or looking another seller's items or doing ratings.

Please could you have a look at this?

Thanks

ziggy2000    10
ziggy2000

Yes, big problems. Database errors, logouts etc, very irritating. Please please can you attend to this? The site is just not working at the moment.

Edited by ziggy2000
spelling

Asha Craft Jewellery    10
Asha Craft Jewellery

came to the forum to complain about this too. constantly being logged out automatically (very annoying) and getting excessive database errors that don't fix themselves when i refresh the page. sometimes I have to wait a few minutes, like today, for my past week's sale (the right side of the seller's view) to show up.

Seeds and All    10
Seeds and All

I really like the lick of paint, but I'm also having the same issues. Mac, can you please fix the credit card payment on order 4017261. Went to accept it and received a database error. Refreshed the screen and the payment vanished, like it was never there. - Thanks!

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Major hiccups again today - trying to fix up all the time errors from last Saturday only to be confronted with no listings closing since 06h30 this morning and endless database errors.

Don't need this type of hassle... seems to be happening more and more frequently (ie. listings not closing at stipulated times, etc).

TopDrawer    10
TopDrawer

I think the lick of paint was actually paint remover.:unsure:

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Our DBA's and Sysadmins are currently looking at the problem - we hope to have the issue resolved in the next 10-20 minutes

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
Yes, big problems. Database errors, logouts etc, very irritating. Please please can you attend to this? The site is just not working at the moment.

I second what Tananka and Ziggy say. The new look is great, but database errors and logouts constantly. Also cant search within my bidorbuy for items as normally comes up with either bob down or database error.

Thanks

Grant

brands online    10
brands online
I second what Tananka and Ziggy say. The new look is great, but database errors and logouts constantly. Also cant search within my bidorbuy for items as normally comes up with either bob down or database error.

Thanks

Grant

I third that. Also having same problems. Hate having to always be 'bug-testers' for BOB. These type of things 'always' happen when BOB upgrades or changes something. And aside from all the flack Mac, etc. are going to give me for this, we pay to use the site. It's not free, so why should we have to be test dummies always?

Gixy123    11
Gixy123

(And this result in my internet cap being 'chowed' up faster than it should as I'm trying to list new items - uploading (and error), and uploading (and error), and uploading (and error)... Njam, njam, njam!) :blink1: Hopefully everything will be up and running smoothly (like always) very soon!

brands online    10
brands online

Mostly seems okay now, still having "database error" problems viewing "Account History"...

Seeds and All    10
Seeds and All
I really like the lick of paint, but I'm also having the same issues. Mac, can you please fix the credit card payment on order 4017261. Went to accept it and received a database error. Refreshed the screen and the payment vanished, like it was never there. - Thanks!

Just a quick note of thanks to Mac for sorting out the credit card payment. Thanks, all seems to be running perfectly again.:bigsmile:

I've also noticed that the black writing in the body of some of the advertisements, on the "Buy Now" listings are not as sharp as it used to be. It now seems to be almost grey when compared to auction listings. Below are two listings to show the difference.

Perennials - 20 Lachenalia pusilla Seeds - Indigenous South African Perennial Bulb Seeds - Worldwide Shipping for sale in Port Elizabeth (ID:43349719)

Perennials - Lachenalia pusilla Seeds - Indigenous South African Perennial Bulb Seeds - Worldwide Shipping for sale in Port Elizabeth (ID:43390164)