Sign in to follow this  
brad112

Search function

brad112    10
brad112

Hi,

Is the search function in BOB working correctly? I have allot of items on Bid or Buy but if I type key words to search some of them nothing comes up. Here is an example, there is a few people selling Cartier fragrances yet when I type Cartier and search NO fragrances come up, yet the key word is in the title of the listed items and as I have said already more than one seller is selling Cartier!! I have many other examples. If this is the case this is really bad for business.

Brad

brad112    10
brad112

Seems to be inconsistent, now the Cartier fragrances are showing up in the search, mine and the other sellers.

Edited by brad112

admin    0
admin
Seems to be inconsistent, now the Cartier fragrances are showing up in the search mine and the other sellers.

Hi brad112,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, MacMuffin has fixed it.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Hi - we had an issue from last night where there search results did not index properly - this problem was fully resolved around 12:45pm today and you should not see any discrepancies (this did not affect category browsing or viewing Weekend Auctions).

brad112    10
brad112

Thank you for the quick feedback, all seems ok now :cool:

voldermort    10
voldermort

Since the new look last week I have noticed on all categories, when you click on eg: stamps, books, militaria...any category, after the Premium Listings & Featured Listings come up, once you scroll down a bit further you will see All Items and then Priority Featured Listings & Featured Listings appear, previously this used to be in order of when items were ending ie: items ending today were listed before items ending eg: in the middle of August. This no longer appears to be the case as there are items ending today that appear on page 2, 3, sometimes even page 4 and yet some items ending in the middle of August are right underneath Featured Listings on the 1st page? As I said, scroll down any page in any category and you will notice this.

Asha Craft Jewellery    10
Asha Craft Jewellery

I have a problem since the new look was introduced. When I type something in the searchbox it shows blank (white?) letters. Meaning when I highlight what I've typed I can see there are letters, but otherwise it just shows blank. If I click search, it searches what I typed. So that works. But the problem is I can't see what I typed! Very frustrating especially if a typo slipped in. And now with the Auction pages that changed to the new format I can't see the bid amount that I'm typing in!! I'm using Firefox.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
I have a problem since the new look was introduced. When I type something in the searchbox it shows blank (white?) letters. Meaning when I highlight what I've typed I can see there are letters, but otherwise it just shows blank. If I click search, it searches what I typed. So that works. But the problem is I can't see what I typed! Very frustrating especially if a typo slipped in. And now with the Auction pages that changed to the new format I can't see the bid amount that I'm typing in!! I'm using Firefox.

Can you please clear your browser cache and force a refresh...

Asha Craft Jewellery

hi mac, i just did a cache clear again and it still does the same thing. checked in Chrome, works perfectly there, just not in firefox.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
hi mac, i just did a cache clear again and it still does the same thing. checked in Chrome, works perfectly there, just not in firefox.

Sorry for only getting back to you now. Can you confirm what version of Firefox you are running. We have tested the site on FF 3.6 and greater. If you are running a previous version, pls consider upgrading.

admin    0
admin

I am running FF 5.0, no problem.

Asha Craft Jewellery

I was using 3.6, because I didn't like the look and (un)functionality of FF4. Didn't know there was a 5! Upgraded to FF5 and now the problem is solved :bigsmile: thanks you two!