Sign in to follow this  
SProducts

Can the Post Office mail sorting staff read?

SProducts    10
SProducts

I doubt if they can really read, or maybe they had a hang over. Check the status of this overseas parcel, it arrived at Joburg, was sent to Durban, then Ladysmith and then back to Germiston on its way to me in Kempton Park.

Parcel Track | Home

Seems someone thought the parcel needed a little tour of our beautiful country.:disgusted:

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

This has often happened to me of lately! I do not know what the problem is they could not give me an explanation either!

SProducts    10
SProducts

They tried explaining that maybe the address is wrong as if it was a mistake it would have came back from Durban mail.

Another worst story, my postbox is in Kempton Park. The parcel goes to some Aston Manor post office instead of Kempton Park. The Aston Manor post office people send me a collection slip to my Kempton Park box to come to collect my parcel in Aston Manor. Now I have to go from Kempton Park where my parcel should be to pick it up at some Aston Manor post office which is a few kilometres away.

A normal person who know they job, they would have sent the parcel back to Kempton Park office as they noticed the address was wrong. But instead sends a collection slip to the right address and not the parcel itself.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Oh dear. That is certainly a well travelled parcel. Now, if it could talk ...

And I hope you now have it safely in your possession after all its travels.

kebs    10
kebs
They tried explaining that maybe the address is wrong as if it was a mistake it would have came back from Durban mail.

Another worst story, my postbox is in Kempton Park. The parcel goes to some Aston Manor post office instead of Kempton Park. The Aston Manor post office people send me a collection slip to my Kempton Park box to come to collect my parcel in Aston Manor. Now I have to go from Kempton Park where my parcel should be to pick it up at some Aston Manor post office which is a few kilometres away.

A normal person who know they job, they would have sent the parcel back to Kempton Park office as they noticed the address was wrong. But instead sends a collection slip to the right address and not the parcel itself.

Rather fetch it yourself anyway.. I had a parcel go to the wrong post office, also only a few KM away, & my post office staff offered to get it redirected to them.. It took that parcel almost 2 weeks to make that short distance!! I learnt my lesson & rather make the trip myself..

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

Hahaha. What a pointless round-a-bout.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Hahaha. What a pointless round-a-bout.

Sounds like a case of going there and back to see how far it is? :biggrin:

Vegar    10
Vegar

A postal worker does not really have to read, just be able to recognize numbers as in the post CODE.

What you are describing is typically what happens when the post code is missing ...

TaLamia    11
TaLamia

If you specifically prefer to only pick up your parcels from one post office then I would suggest you put the post office name in your postal address, this way your parcels will never go anywhere else but that post office (I used to experience similar headaches).

Eg:

John Smith

Kempton Park Post Office

PO Box XXX

Kempton Park

XXXX

SProducts    10
SProducts

I have received all my parcels with this address, I think someone made a mistake and took the box number for the postal code.

My box number is 3132, so I think they though that was my postal code and that's why they sent it to Ladysmith. What's confusing is that the parcel came back straigh to the correct address and if the address was bad it would have been sent somewhere else.

Its their mistake, that I am sure of as the address is 100% correct and I did receive another parcel sent together with it by the same supplier.

TaLamia    11
TaLamia

Oh oops my post wasn't intended to refer to your initial problem of the parcel going all over the country first before returning, it was merely meant to help out with your latter problem:

SProducts    10
SProducts
Oh oops my post wasn't intended to refer to your initial problem of the parcel going all over the country first before returning, it was merely meant to help out with your latter problem:

Got it.:smile:

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I've had various experiences with the SAPO not being able to "read" - my parcels have ended up all over PE! Our postal code is 6017 (Hunters Retreat) yet I've had parcels end up at 6014 (Humewood) and 6000 (PE Main). My international incoming parcels can end up "anywhere" even though the address states Hunters Retreat Post Office - I've collected in Linton Grange, Sunridge and Sherwood - all addressed to Hunters Retreat with the corresponding postal code.

I've also heard of someone residing in Linton Grange.sending an "aerogram" to the UK, only to get it delivered to his house address two days later - the SAPO sent it to the "sender" address even though the "To" was clearly filled in!

Suppose ultimately it is the "luck of the draw" sometimes - all depends on "who" is on the other side...

SProducts    10
SProducts
I've had various experiences with the SAPO not being able to "read" - my parcels have ended up all over PE! Our postal code is 6017 (Hunters Retreat) yet I've had parcels end up at 6014 (Humewood) and 6000 (PE Main). My international incoming parcels can end up "anywhere" even though the address states Hunters Retreat Post Office - I've collected in Linton Grange, Sunridge and Sherwood - all addressed to Hunters Retreat with the corresponding postal code.

I've also heard of someone residing in Linton Grange.sending an "aerogram" to the UK, only to get it delivered to his house address two days later - the SAPO sent it to the "sender" address even though the "To" was clearly filled in!

Suppose ultimately it is the "luck of the draw" sometimes - all depends on "who" is on the other side...

True anything is possible with the post office. I also sent a parcel to a buyer who was somewehere in Free State, the parcel was sent at Norkem Park post office. For some reason they sent the parcel to my Postbox in Kempton Park using the return address, whats worse the return address is stamped and not a sticker which I would understand their mistake.