Sign in to follow this  
kimbo11

Question

kimbo11    10
kimbo11

Hi

I was just wondering, if i want to invest in coins what will be the best option,

Example: Do i buy a Mandela birthday coin MS67, the NGC graded quite a few of these

or

Do i go for the MS61 not so clean coin but NGC graded only a few of them.

What will be the best buy?

Thank you

Timeless Value    10
Timeless Value

I would buy neither. An MS61 means that the coin is of a low quality. So is it justified to pay a premium for a coin that is of poor quality? If the coin was a genuine error coin then a different story. There are also thousands of MS67 available. Supply and demand dictate prices. Large Supply = Low growth potential.

This is just my opinion.

kyle2    10
kyle2

Common sense would dictate that you should always buy the best you can afford, ie. MS67, MS68 and so forth. It is unwise(I have also fallen in this trap) to buy the lower graded coins as they start off with a high value depending on how many were graded in that range and their value drops as more of them become available. Also one has to consider that it is easy to give a coin a poor grade by actually damaging it. However, you cannot improve on a coin, ie. remove the imperfections. The MS (Mint State) grades work as follows(I stand to be corrected here) MS70 has a perfect score, MS69 has 1 thing wrong with it, MS68 has 2 things wrong and so on. So that begs the question why would anyone want a MS62 coin which has 8 things wrong with it? Weird Huh?

Anyway, thats just my 2 cents worth. Hope it helps.:razz:

Edited by kyle2

kimbo11    10
kimbo11

Thank you :)

alloway65    10
alloway65

Go for Gold and Silver coins and try to buy as close to the respective bullion price that you can! Good luck.

colour02    10
colour02

I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO GO FOR A INVESTMENT THAT HAS A TRACK RECORD OF PERFORMANCE.

ALSO MEANING TO STAY WITH PRECIOUS METALS LIKE GOLD OR SILVER.

SHOUD YOU CONSIDER INVESTMENTS IN RARE COINS THEN ONLY FOCUS ON COINS WITH A LOW MINTAGE FIGURE AND A SMAL AVAILIBILITY WITH A TRACK RECORD OF PERFORMANCE AS WELL . SOME MANDELA COINS ARE RARE, BUT THE 2008 90TH BIRTHDAY IS NOT RARE AT ALL.

TO CONFIRM WITH WHAT (alloway65) SAYS HERE IS A LINK TO WHY NOW THE BEST TIME ISTO BUY SILVER.

REGARDS, AND GOODLUCK KIMBO11

Items SouthCapeCoins is Selling

qball    11
qball
I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO GO FOR A INVESTMENT THAT HAS A TRACK RECORD OF PERFORMANCE.

ALSO MEANING TO STAY WITH PRECIOUS METALS LIKE GOLD OR SILVER.

SHOUD YOU CONSIDER INVESTMENTS IN RARE COINS THEN ONLY FOCUS ON COINS WITH A LOW MINTAGE FIGURE AND A SMAL AVAILIBILITY WITH A TRACK RECORD OF PERFORMANCE AS WELL . SOME MANDELA COINS ARE RARE, BUT THE 2008 90TH BIRTHDAY IS NOT RARE AT ALL.

TO CONFIRM WITH WHAT (alloway65) SAYS HERE IS A LINK TO WHY NOW THE BEST TIME ISTO BUY SILVER.

REGARDS, AND GOODLUCK KIMBO11

Items SouthCapeCoins is Selling

Please refrain from posting in caps, it denotes "shouting" on the internet...

Thanks

colour02    10
colour02

Hi qball

Will do so,

Thanks .

Regards,