Sign in to follow this  
health and home

items not bringing in realistic prices

health and home

I list items on paid promo's. However even health and beauty item which wholesales @ R50 only brings in R1 or R10 bids. I was told to add on other enhancement tools but I end up forking out more money to no avail. I do have a 100% rating but nothing seems to help. I notice some sellers selling 100's of items every week and surely they would have been bankcrupt by now if the suffered losses as I do. How do I over come this?

MiemsJewels
I list items on paid promo's. However even health and beauty item which wholesales @ R50 only brings in R1 or R10 bids. I was told to add on other enhancement tools but I end up forking out more money to no avail. I do have a 100% rating but nothing seems to help. I notice some sellers selling 100's of items every week and surely they would have been bankcrupt by now if the suffered losses as I do. How do I over come this?

We all suffer losses on some items H & H. Sometimes you win sometimes you loose. Hope your business will pick up on the next auction.:smile:

alloway65

Sellers of certain types of products make up some of their cost shortfall by charging excessive postage...for the first item and subsequent items!!!!:disgusted:

Cheetah10

I also find that listing in that specific section... (Health & Beauty) I get very few views & response..... Is there not another section where your product also has relevance and will feature????..... (my last listing in H&B gave me 10 views with no bids and no "watching"- priority and homepage listing - after 2 weeks).... consider changing your page.

lilythepink
Sellers of certain types of products make up some of their cost shortfall by charging excessive postage...for the first item and subsequent items!!!!:disgusted:

This is abusive towards buyers and BoB do not for one minute condone it. Please report these uppity sellers who are taking chances.

mellowred

I think it also helps to make your "view other items" more attractive and visible. Possibly choose a few select items for paid promos to draw viewers.

You also need to be careful with which items to put up on R1 auctions - the cheaper items possibly do not work very well. Rather run the risk on a slightly more pricey item so that it is a real bargain and again draws more views - you have to be prepared to write these items off to "advertising" - but who knows you may get more than wanted. You only need three bids for an item to come up on the Hot List - a bit of free enhancement as you now appear on another highlighted page.

Some more experienced sellers could possibly give you better advice.