Sign in to follow this  
dominiquesonline

Seller "selling" my product with my photograph!

dominiquesonline

I have just been shocked to see another seller selling my item using my photo! The seller cannot be honestly selling this item as we actually hand manufacture every one of my décor and toys items! There is no way she can actually have this exact item - it just isn't possible. Not to mention that I spent a good deal of time cropping that photo to perfection... I am not impressed.

Here is the listing: Wooden toys - Gorgeous Little pink rocking horse! Beautifull for any little todler for sale in Margate / Port Shepstone (ID:42129371)

How can I report this abuse and suspicious listing?

brands online

You can report it to communitywatch. They'll look into it.

I have had the same problem on more than one occassion with the same seller! Even now the seller still uses a pic of mine constantly which she claims she got from a google url and would send the link months back. :mad:

Generic pics also being used with "Item may differ from illustration" all the time. And I don't think this is a personal attack on the seller either. Rather a disconcerted attitude from the seller.

dominiquesonline

I will report it - thank you.

I am really annoyed - I take a lot of trouble over my photographs, but they are for our use only.

The listing doesn't even have the "Item may differ from illustration" clause in it, so what I want to know is how on earth she is planning on actually selling an item which she doesn't have??

dstorm

Hello VictoryPuzzle

Same thing happened to me (stamp catalogue).

Perhaps your story is more complicated than it seems. What if the other seller actually copied your product (manufacturing it) as well?

Thanks and regards

Jacques

dominiquesonline

Hi Jacques,

I seriously doubt the seller is actually manufacturing my item, as she does seem to do manufacturing at all. However, from what I've heard she does have a reputation for using other sellers' photographs!

I have reported it to CW but had no response yet. I also sent her a "question" asking her to remove the photo with no response.

What next?

Pickle Bearies

I bought items from this seller at one stage and her items differ considerably from the picture or photo on the listing. This is deceitful advertising ! I have noticed a number of sellers who have complained about this seller for using their pics and yet this seller was selected as one of BOB s top sellers!! Top selling should include integrity not just turn over .

dominiquesonline

I even have the original uncropped version of this photo still, proving that it is my item!

MiemsJewels
I will report it - thank you.

I am really annoyed - I take a lot of trouble over my photographs, but they are for our use only.

The listing doesn't even have the "Item may differ from illustration" clause in it, so what I want to know is how on earth she is planning on actually selling an item which she doesn't have??

Did you take the picture yourself Victory?

dominiquesonline

Yes I did! I still have the original uncropped image to prove it! I manufactured the item and photographed it personally.

Vegar

I have asked the seller a question about the dimensions of the item. If the dimensions are different from your item then you can draw the conclusions ...

There are bids on the thing!

dominiquesonline

Good move Vegar! I am convinced she is just using a generic "rocking horse" photo for a different looking item. There really is no way she can actually be selling this exact horse!

MiemsJewels
I bought items from this seller at one stage and her items differ considerably from the picture or photo on the listing. This is deceitful advertising ! I have noticed a number of sellers who have complained about this seller for using their pics and yet this seller was selected as one of BOB s top sellers!! Top selling should include integrity not just turn over .

TOP SELLERS. another tender point you're touching.:disgusted:

dominiquesonline

My horse is certainly much bigger than those dimensions!

lilythepink

I bought an item from this seller late last year and because it was not as described in the listing and I complained, she blocked me. No skin off my nose, I promise you! (It wasn't a rocking horse!!)

dominiquesonline

You must be mistaken Lily, as she IS one the the "top sellers". ;-)

Pathetic really... I'd be dead embarrassed if I presented a "top seller" award to such a person.

Miss Jewels
Seller has closed the listing and re-listed a "new" item here: Wooden toys - Pink rocking ride on horse - Excellent Gift idea! for sale in Margate / Port Shepstone (ID:42271659)

Wow, check at the difference in those images!!!! I wonder if she actually owns this horse or if it's another generic image?

I wonder if she has her own shop where the goods are sold?....because this pic has been taken inside a shop. See the racks with goodies in on the right side of the picture?

lilythepink
You must be mistaken Lily, as she IS one the the "top sellers". ;-)

Pathetic really... I'd be dead embarrassed if I presented a "top seller" award to such a person.

I think I will be banned from the forum if I say another word about this seller!

dominiquesonline

I hope not. :) This *is* the "community watch" section after all!

lilythepink

Yes, but we are not allowed to get personal or we would have spots on the wall!!

Remember the book: "Spots on the Wall" by Who Flung Dung, the great philosopher?