Sign in to follow this  
brands online

Deal of the Week- Insurance at 5%?

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

That's an extra R60 profit that the seller is making - not much in today's terms maybe but sellers may not make profit off shipping costs ! SAPO definitely only charges 2% on ordinary parcels and 3% on Speed Services .

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

The collection fee is not too shabby either at R100 for personal collections:evil:

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

A few people now seem to be charging for collections. Its a pity as I think being on deal of the week this gets a lot of exposure and gives bob a bad name for crazy charges.

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello all

How on a earth can a seller charge for collections? The buyer takes the trouble to collect and the seller gets money for doing nothing! Not sending a tracking number, not packaging the item. Not going to the post office.

I really think that BoB should stop this kind of unethical behaviour.

Thanks and regards

Jacques

PS: I do allow pick-ups. I normally offer the buyer a cup of coffee.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
I normally offer the buyer a cup of coffee

Maybe this chap offers the customer a 3 course meal when he collects, hence the R100 charge! :biggrin:

qball    11
qball

We are busy investigating this, as it does appear to be questionable.

TaLamia    11
TaLamia

Ok this is a bit ridiculous. Amounts have been changed for that featured auction but remains exorbitant on all their other listings... :blink:

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

I have just had a look. They charge R70 for an econo parcel. I realise there are costs but R70??????????????? And 5% insurance on an econo parcel which is 2%!!!!

qball    11
qball

Agreed, we will be addressing this with the seller in question.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

This is a ridiculous charge but I wonder if sellers do not sometimes try and regain costs like the 5% for credit card purchases. I have made it clear that I do not accept credit card payments under R100 but buyers still go ahead and pay by credit card.

If I sell an item for R70 I have to pay an extra 5% plus 5% on the postage charges. If this is a breakable for which I charge R40 I end up paying R2 extra on the postage and R3.50 on the item amount . R5.50. I therefore pay R9.00 instead of only the R3.50 BOB commission. May seem a small amount but it all adds up

I have removed the credit card facility and given buyers the option of requesting a credit card payment so that I can turn down these small amounts.

I could reject the payment but the buyer will pay bank charges ,get their back up and probably click the evil button.:evil:

Edited by geewhizz