Sign in to follow this  
Guest MacMuffin

New bidorbuy user interface (look and feel) - Feedback

booksallsizes

I agree! So difficult to find the Crazy Wednesday tag. And I can't find the ordinary charity listings - only the Celebrities for Charity tag.

But I do like adding things to the watchlist without having to go into the item pages....

brands online

Hi all,

I dunno, personally not in favour of this new look. It does look totally cluttered and busy. And I too agree, why launch this stuff on critical days. Sorry guys, I know you put lots of effort into it, but not so kewl this time.

brands online

But I do like adding things to the watchlist without having to go into the item pages....

That was possible before too by clicking the litlle page with the + sign

Miss Jewels

I must admit I also do not like the new look. Sorry guys. The page is way too busy. Also the sellers' names are still very small. I do however like the idea that the area (eg CT) of the seller is mentioned next to their name.

booksallsizes
That was possible before too by clicking the litlle page with the + sign

Ohhh :embarrest:

And I agree @brands, cluttered.

And the big white space to the left of the screen when scrolling down Crazy Wed is distracting....

wayjen

Listing today is a nightmare.

voldermort

on the Home Page the ads featured there have no sellers names at all..........really really not good.

Asha Craft

VERY cluttered and busy, which I suspect is the total opposite of what BoB was aiming for.

#1 Please increase the seller's name LARGER

#2 Please move the price to the right where it used to be!

brands online

It is still very early, but bids are far from usual today on my side. Methinks perhaps 'tis the new look. :unsure:

As a buyer, BOB differed from lots of other online auction sites in that the old look was 'simple'. The new look has 'everything' jumping out at you as soon as you get onto the site. It's rather distracting.

Asha Craft

My favourite filter was: price from low to high. I can't find this option anywhere!

davan

I have a total of 6 views on all my goods listed for todays auction. With the old style page - there would have been at least 60 views by now.

Wait for it .... I only have one winning auction for R1.00 .

I am really disappointed and worried as well that Buyers cannot get to the page. I am going to delist the rest of the non-winning auctions. I cannot take the chance that they will be poorly bid on.

ziggy2000
My favourite filter was: price from low to high. I can't find this option anywhere!

You can still do this, look on the right hand side "Sort By" and there you can select the "lowest price".

qball

Top of the page - right hand side, there is a drop down which has the option to sort by Lowest Price, this is located above pagination links.

ziggy2000

I think you should have your "categories" at the top of the page rather than running down the left side of the page, as all the photos are smaller now and there is open "wasted space" below the categories on every page now. Just a suggestion.

voldermort

seems that everything is pressed up against the left hand side of the ads and on the right side is only Bid Now & Watchlist....a lot of space wasted.

DestinysAngels

Thanks, mine is now visible too!:nuts:

Not1CentMore

My "2-cents"....crazy auctions are 'lost' where they are now. So much easier when up / left.

Lukeness

I would suggest changing the Bid Now buttons to the blue used in the search button. Orange and blue are complimentary colours and should clash less.

RAG Auctioneers

Categories on the left is pretty awesome IMO.

The new look is rather a bit too busy as some people have already pointed out.

voldermort

I really hope something will be done as to bringing back the sellers names on Premium Listings on the Home Page. At R100 each these listings do not come cheap & I have no idea how other sellers who use this feature feel but to me R100 is still R100 & I am not spending that R100 merely to advertise that particular item but to show my name on the ad as well and that is no longer featured. Can this please be looked into.

COINSHOP

Dont fix whats not broken

Unfortunately bob is going backwards instead of forward with this new layout.Very difficult to stay interested in browsing - NOT USER FRIENDLY ! Keep it simple and effective......

Guest MacMuffin
I have a total of 6 views on all my goods listed for todays auction. With the old style page - there would have been at least 60 views by now.

Wait for it .... I only have one winning auction for R1.00 .

I am really disappointed and worried as well that Buyers cannot get to the page. I am going to delist the rest of the non-winning auctions. I cannot take the chance that they will be poorly bid on.

I don't think that those comments are correct. Looking at our current trading stats (with still 4 hours to go), turnover has increased by 15% compared to the same trading days over the last 3 weeks. Compared to the 28.6. (also just a few days after payday) we recorded today already a 8% increase in turnover.

Looking at Google Analytics, we don't see any declining trend and page visits to Crazy Wednesday are comparable to previous weeks.

It's perhaps too early to say, that the improvement is related to the new UI, but one can certainly say, that turnover did not decrease because of it.

While a number of users did not see the Crazy Wednesday banner for some time during the day, the featured items rolled in at 12pm for everyone to see. Our newsletter reached all users (310,000) by about 6pm and the prominent left-hand banner also provides navigation to the Crazy Wednesday.

Gems n Silver

I personally think it's great, especially the filters on the left, did wonder what the little banner was for though, didn't realize it was a highlighted listing, still, thumbs up from me guys! :smile:

Pickle Bearies

It always takes a little time to get used to a new lay out . There are many great improvements and as I am getting used to it all ,I like it very much. Thanks!

amcintyre
I don't think that those comments are correct. Looking at our current trading stats (with still 4 hours to go), turnover has increased by 15% compared to the same trading days over the last 3 weeks. Compared to the 28.6. (also just a few days after payday) we recorded today already a 8% increase in turnover.

Looking at Google Analytics, we don't see any declining trend and page visits to Crazy Wednesday are comparable to previous weeks.

It's perhaps too early to say, that the improvement is related to the new UI, but one can certainly say, that turnover did not decrease because of it.

While a number of users did not see the Crazy Wednesday banner for some time during the day, the featured items rolled in at 12pm for everyone to see. Our newsletter reached all users (310,000) by about 6pm and the prominent left-hand banner also provides navigation to the Crazy Wednesday.

Well, I don't think the new layout affected sales negatively - Although I've only been selling for the last few weeks, this Wednesday was very good in terms of views, bids and final totals.