Sign in to follow this  
MacMuffin

New bidorbuy user interface (look and feel) - Feedback

MacMuffin

Hi all,

tomorrow (26.7.) we will roll out new homepage, category and search screens. The switchover will occur around 6:15am and will take a few minutes until everything settles. If you experience any odd display issues, please clear your cache or force a browser refresh (CTRL+F5).

Our focus was on functionality and trying to get rid of all sorts of clutter. I hope you like the new interface and as usual, your comments are welcome in this thread.

The homepage:

1581871_110725140532_new-ui-homepage.png

Browsing a category page

1581871_110725140551_new-ui-category.png

Besides a change in color scheme we have reworked the filtering and searching on category pages which should add a tremendous benefit to buyers wanting to narrow down their searches.

This is the first phase of the UI release and over the next 3-4 weeks we will release new item pages and will then migrate bits & pieces after that.

MacMuffin

The go live went without much problem and you should enjoy a fresher look & feel. We have not noticed anything out of the ordinary, but post your feedback here.

Phase 2 (complete revamp of all item pages) is underway and we will roll those in incrementally over the next 3 weeks (buynows first, then classifieds and then auctions). Once Phase 2 is complete we will start reworking the checkout process and tidy up all the other pages with the new design.

I hope the new lick of paint will make your browsing experience more enjoyable. To fully appreciate the new look and feel, I suggest that you use IE 8/9 or a recent version of Safari/Firefox/Opera/Chrome. IE6 support has been discontinued several months back.

If you notice anything misbehaving on your browser, clear the cache first. If any problem persists, please post details here.

go4yes

Thanks very much - This looks great!!!!

I like the way the filtering works and the Auction/ Buy Now tabs works great.

Only suggestion I have is to move the price to the right hand side in the listing view - easier to see the price.

Is it possible to add a Location = Only South Africa?

Thanks again for all the great work :bigsmile:

MacMuffin
Only suggestion I have is to move the price to the right hand side in the listing view - easier to see the price.

Is it possible to add a Location = Only South Africa?

Yep - that "Where should the price go" discussion - we had many of those --- we eventually decided that it might be better to have price and image/title close to each other to avoid the scanning of items from top to bottom and left to right. We do believe that it's current placement is beneficial for people browsing.

For the bargain hunter (= "give me anything at the lowest price") we do have the the "Sort by lowest price" as well as the price filters.

Our new search technology will go in towards end of August which will introduce a dramatic improvement over current search and filtering and as part of that we will also address filtering by sellers and improved location filtering.

voldermort

I asked this yesterday already, under Payments you have BoB Pay, Bob EFT & PayPal, that is it.

What has happened to ordinary EFT Payments??

& then again what about those sellers who do collections??

If you are going to do a Payment filter surely all payment options should reflect?

MacMuffin
I asked this yesterday already, under Payments you have BoB Pay, Bob EFT & PayPal, that is it.

What has happened to ordinary EFT Payments??

& then again what about those sellers who do collections??

If you are going to do a Payment filter surely all payment options should reflect?

Those are really all payment options. It is really pointless to filter on "Other" (which would cover collections or direct payments to the seller) as a seller can pretty much put anything in his other payment option.

DestinysAngels

Hi Mac, where is the Wednesday Wacki Auctions, i cannot see it at all and the Weekend Specials, Friday Auctions, etc, please help!:blink:

amcintyre
Hi Mac, where is the Wednesday Wacki Auctions, i cannot see it at all and the Weekend Specials, Friday Auctions, etc, please help!:blink:

I also noticed that - press F5 (to refresh) on your keyboard and things look better.

voldermort

I am trying to retract a snc & keep getting Database Error, the same is happening when I am trying to send new messages to buyers.

Cali Craft and Gems

Looking good...

I've noticed however that on the home page - the listings shown exclude the sellers' name and location - this goes for premium items and home page items.

And just a suggestion - the buy now button and bid now buttons are "close" in colour - could these not be "opposite" colours perhaps - thinking of those individuals who could have vision problems (colour blindness, etc).

Seeds for Africa

I have a question. When you did your test yesterday, the advert was split into two tabs - 1) for the product and 2) the payment / shipping terms. When you phase in the balance of the revamp is this how its going to be. If so, does this mean that when creating ads we will have to create two tabs? If so, what will happen to the existing ads? Are we going to have to redo our existing ads?

davan

Where is the Crazy Wednesday and Snap Friday Tabs or Buttons ?? If I can't find it - My customers are not going to find it.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI MAC

I see he discreet icon does not show on the listing,only when you open the item-very important as i do not support any discreet listings so am wasting my time by opening some listings and only then can i see the discreet icon.

neil

MacMuffin
I have a question. When you did your test yesterday, the advert was split into two tabs - 1) for the product and 2) the payment / shipping terms. When you phase in the balance of the revamp is this how its going to be. If so, does this mean that when creating ads we will have to create two tabs? If so, what will happen to the existing ads? Are we going to have to redo our existing ads?

Hi - you will create your listing as you did in the past. We will display the shipping information & payments in a separate tab to remove some of the clutter. Going forward we will also introduce a T&C section where sellers will be able to specify an T&Cs if they wish (this will help getting those T&Cs out of the item description / payment/shipping details)

Wild Olive Art
Where is the Crazy Wednesday and Snap Friday Tabs or Buttons ?? If I can't find it - My customers are not going to find it.

I would like to know where the links are to the crazy auctions too ?? I can't find them and as davan says , if we can't find them , our customers wont be able to either !

Cali Craft and Gems

The crazy buttons are about a third down on the page - almost opposite the "browse categories" title on the left. Although I must admit I had to search for them too... not good news when the Crazy Wed starts in less than 2 hours time!

davan
The crazy buttons are about a third down on the page - almost opposite the "browse categories" title on the left. Although I must admit I had to search for them too... not good news when the Crazy Wed starts in less than 2 hours time!

I am using FireFox 5.0 and that entire area that CaliCraft is talking about is WHITE. I had to hold the mouse over the area to see the alternative text.

Please guys please rectify - I make most of my sales off the Crazy Auctions (Wednesday and Friday) - If my customers can't see it, then I lose out and ultimately BoB loses out also.

davan

Thanks guys - it is now sorted !

Wild Olive Art

I am using Google Chrome and that whole area just shows as white on my page as well . Anybody using Firefox or Google Chrome will therefore not be able to see the links to the Crazy Auctions.

This could result in some big losses for those of us who derive a nice boost from the Crazy Auctions !

Wild Olive Art

Fixed , thank you !!

lilythepink

I now see what everyone is talking about - the Crazy Wednesday is difficult to find (buyers are going to be bamboozled, I think, so it might affect sales until everyone gets used to them!)

To my mind the whole page set-up looks a bit too busy, but that's just my opinion. Perhaps I'll get used to the whole set up - hopefully sooner rather than later.

lilythepink

Something else which is most confusing - the "Bid Now" button is there but as Crazy Wednesday auctions only commence at 12 o'clock today, how can people "bid now" on something that is not yet open??

I suggest that the "Bid Now" button only appear once the auction is actually open!

Cali Craft and Gems

A major frustration is the "highlighted" listing - used to be a shade of yellow, now it is just a tiny "tag" on the far right hand side of the page - I'm NOT happy! :(

Highlighted should be just that - the listing should stand out amongst the others... I originally thought the "tag" was to indicate my listings to me when browsing, but I was mistaken.

Thumbs down...

TaLamia

I'm also really concerned that this new layout is going to affect today's Crazy Wednesday sales :( It took me a while to figure out where it was on the front page so I'm sure buyers are going to experience the same frustration. Just wish it hadn't come out mere hours before a Crazy Wednesday sale start. If it had started on a Monday or something it would have at least given buyers more time to get used to the new layout...

Cali Craft and Gems

I agree TaLamia - what on earth has possessed BoB to try something new on a critical auction day? I foresee major losses in crazy auctions this week... with a lot of very unhappy sellers!