Sign in to follow this  
Vegar

Seller charging 3% insurance but not insuring ...

TaLamia

I am amazed... So essentially this seller has taken "1837" sales to learn that when a buyer pays for the insurance that the seller gives as an option on their listings they actually need to do it?

Wow... just wow... :unsure:

Vegar
I am amazed... So essentially this seller has taken "1837" sales to learn that when a buyer pays for the insurance that the seller gives as an option on their listings they actually need to do it?

Wow... just wow... :unsure:

He simply got away with it ... until I saw him coming! And he might continue to in his sneaky ways if no one stands up to him.

The guy is confused - and I think in more ways than meets the eye - if you see his e-mail where it states "We personally don't insure as the insurance at the post office doesn't cover the jacket" - but he happily asks for 3% insurance!

mellowred

I still think he is doing his own insurance. He takes 3% of all sales so that in the event that one item goes missing he can send a replacement without any loss to himself.

This is illegal, but he may or may not know this. IMO he does know, or he would word his ad differently and include a clause that 3% is added to so that he can personally guarantee full replacement in the event that your item is lost in transit.

Vegar

This is illegal, but he may or may not know this. IMO he does know, or he would word his ad differently and include a clause that 3% is added to so that he can personally guarantee full replacement in the event that your item is lost in transit.

He said he would offer a replacement - but he can't! The jackets are second hand and it would be impossible to replace the same jacket and size.

He speaks in two tongues: - He is professional and only does this for fun. He offers an insurance option but he doesn't insure. He sells a jacket for R290 but thinks it is worth R3400. He confuses a business relationship with a personal relationship - Hmmm :smile1: