Sign in to follow this  
YSLMAGIC

post office strike arrives again!!!

YSLMAGIC

a little bird tells me there is a post office strike coming very very soon , anyone else heard anything like this??? according to the little bird , the hubs may be striking as soon as Monday and the rest to follow later in the week........

SProducts

These strikes are becoming a pain, just hope its not true.

TS Ron

What I do not understand with these strikes every mentions that there are people that want to work! Why can they not be temps or on standby to take over from this mindless that lot that does not want to work. From the service I had here on Friday I would say they on permanent strike it was so slow.

retailrush

Has anyone heard anything more on this? I tried to google it this morning and could find "nothing definite" to shed any light on the situation. I feel tired just thinking about a postal strike :sad:

Wild Olive Art

The Communication Workers Union are threatening a strike over alleged corruption in the SAPO . However , the complaints are currently under review and the SAPO have released a statement to this effect . There is no indication that a strike is imminent .

Reynet Trading

Not one of the packages that I've sent since Friday is showing up on the sapo website. I talked to the call center and my local post office and they said people have to be patient with the delivery of packages? There is a strike. :twisted:

Sound's like the driver's is striking.

TaLamia
Not one of the packages that I've sent since Friday is showing up on the sapo website. I talked to the call center and my local post office and they said people have to be patient with the delivery of packages? There is a strike. :twisted:

Sound's like the driver's is striking.

Same here. One of my own purchases from end of June has also taken until now to "arrive" after two-three weeks of me thinking it was gone and stolen for good. There was an article about the East Rand and Midrand area:

7/13/2011 12:00:00 AM

A million mail items delivered on East Rand

Since implementing contingency measures to deliver the mail, the SA Post Office has delivered a million mail items that were delayed by a strike among part-time postal workers on the East Rand and Midrand.

The SA Post Office obtained a court interdict that declares the strike illegal and prevents striking part-time workers from intimidating permanent and replacement workers that are delivering mail. Even though the interdict has been granted, there have been reports of isolated incidents of violence. We are doing our utmost to deliver the backlog and have enlisted the services of security companies in certain areas t o assist protect our staff while they are on duty.

Customers can check the status of trackable items such as parcels on the Post Office website (http://www.postoffice.co.za) and can then collect them from their local post office.

Customers may also call the Customer Contact Centre on 0860 111 502.

Derick Foster of the Post Office’s Mail Business Unit said in Pretoria that ensuring the delivery of mail remains a priority for the SA post office. “We have engaged replacement labour and we expect the backlog to be delivered by 15 July.”

I think I need to add a note to all the tracking numbers I send out now...

SProducts

I just spoke to the post trying to track a parcel and was told there was a strike at Germiston Maile Centre and so parcels were not moving.

babyface2

well is this not just great, the negatives will be pouring in. i enquired at my post office and they know nothing about a strike. it seems it is just in certain areas:nuts:

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HOLY #$#%- what next in good ol SA-now part time workers are striking!!!!Surely not the best way to get a permanent position.I have now heard it all!!

neil

MiemsJewels
HOLY #$#%- what next in good ol SA-now part time workers are striking!!!!Surely not the best way to get a permanent position.I have now heard it all!!

neil

Welcome to the new South Africa Neill!!! HOLY #$#%- se ek ok mos LOL :sick: