Sign in to follow this  
spacefinder

Bookfinder.com

spacefinder

At the moment there are at least 75000 books listed on bidorbuy. None of these are looked at by the great book search engine BookFinder.com: Search for New & Used Books, Textbooks, Out-of-Print and Rare Books.

I know bookfinder searches an Australian antiquarian site, and I think it would be a huge bonus for sellers of books on bidorbuy if bookfinder.com could be persuaded to search bidorbuy, as the other search engines do. I've written to them to ask for inclusion, but think maybe a concerted effort may be necessary.

I have loads of interesting books I know would be attractive to buyers in other countries - but how to reach them...?

Items for sale from spacefinder on bidorbuy.co.za

mellowred

Books receive much higher prices in UK so this would certainly be a huge bonus to BoB book sellers.

I'm not sure how these search sites work, but perhaps Mac & Co would be the right ones to tweak BoB or contact BookFinder.com.

voldermort

brilliant idea but i think bid or buy would need to initiate contact with this search engine :wondering: perhaps they could let us know if this is indeed so.

booksallsizes

I also think it's a great idea! But, sadly, no one from BoB has replied to this thread...

@Spacefinder - the only way I could see how to do it is to register with ABE Books - they are linked to bookfinder. I know quite a few people sell there from South Africa.

MacMuffin

You can clearly tell that I am no bookworm. I quickly had a look at Bookfinder.com and think the listing service would only work once we have introduced proper attributes like ISBN, author, year etc. We are finalizing development of those product attributes and hope to introduce those during the next quarter. Once this is in place, it will be a lot easier to syndicate content to sites like Bookworm.com.

If anyone wants to get in contact with Bookworm, do so and provide feedback here.

booksallsizes
You can clearly tell that I am no bookworm. I quickly had a look at Bookfinder.com and think the listing service would only work once we have introduced proper attributes like ISBN, author, year etc. We are finalizing development of those product attributes and hope to introduce those during the next quarter.

Actually, for a non-bookworm, you're pretty sharp.... :shock: I agree, it would only work when proper attributes are in place and it will be FABULOUS once those are available. Listings will be more professional - will be great! And it will get more international traffic to the site as Bookfinder is used very very widely. Thanks for the reply :cool:

booksallsizes

@Mac - have contacted Bookfinder.com and when (and if) they get back to me, I will post the info here...

booksallsizes

Mac Mac Mac - I really think it would be better if Bidorbuy contacts Bookfinder.com directly. They insist on thinking that I personally want to integrate with their search engine...:sowsuser:

Here is one of the replies I got - they seem really nice but I cannot answer their questions. At least it looks like affiliating with them is a possibility...

"Hello Victoria,

Thank you for writing back. I'm sorry I could not reply sooner.

We generally don't work directly with individual booksellers, but you can place your titles in BookFinder.com's searchable inventory by working with any of our partner listings services listed at BookFinder.com: Partner booksellers and listings services

You may want to look at several listings services, as their fees and technical requirements vary, as do services offered.

If you are unable to, or do not wish to list your titles with any of our partner listings services listed at http://www.bookfinder.com/about/booksellers/ you may submit your website for consideration. We will prioritize you in our queue of sellers requesting to be added. This might take sometime because we are in the middle of some major projects and I unfortunately cannot provide you with a timeline of when you might be added.

If you would like to be considered please answer the following questions to the best of your ability.

How would you integrate your database (i.e. Feed? API?).

Thank you for your time."

But, if you can answer their question regarding the database I can write once again, insisting it isn't for me personally but for bidorbuy - whew!