Sign in to follow this  
moppies

Lesotho postage - can this be true?

moppies

Sold an item on auction last night (for R1) (lol). My postage is R30.

The bidder stays in Lesotho. I phoned the Post Office and they told me it is R150 postage (via airmail) to Lesotho.[/b] Can this be true?

I cannot post this parcel to Lesotho on R30!!!

Please help

moppies

Just got an email from the buyer - I have stressed to soon!!! Have to post to an address in SA!

BUT STILL

It is ridiculous high postage!

retailrush

To safeguard against this happening again Moppies, you should state in your listings that your quoted postage & packaging prices are for within South Africa only and that buyers from other regions; i.e. Namibia and Lestho should first ask for a quote.

Just read your update - all's well that ends well. But bear in mind my statement above anyway!!

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Sold an item on auction last night (for R1) (lol). My postage is R30.

The bidder stays in Lesotho. I phoned the Post Office and they told me it is R150 postage (via airmail) to Lesotho.[/b] Can this be true?

I cannot post this parcel to Lesotho on R30!!!

Please help

All the neighbouring countries Namibia,Lesotho etc are classed as international destinations by the SAPO and postage is exhorbitant-I have also been caught short on my postage a few times especially with buyers from Namibia.

neil

moppies

@ retailrush - will do so IMMEDIATELY. Thanks or the hint!

lilythepink

Well, just a couple of months back I sent registered mail (small items) to a buyer in Lesotho.

Each time (twice, if I recall correctly) the cost was only R50.00.

Something sounds fishy if the PO wants to charge you R150.00!!

MiemsJewels
Well, just a couple of months back I sent registered mail (small items) to a buyer in Lesotho.

I think it's R50 without a tracking number and R120 to R150 with a tracking number.

lilythepink

Well I sent "registered" mail so I did get a tracking number for R50.00! Was I just lucky?

I was warned (by the buyer) not to send parcel post as then it would have been R150.00.

mellowred
Well I sent "registered" mail so I did get a tracking number for R50.00! Was I just lucky?

I was warned (by the buyer) not to send parcel post as then it would have been R150.00.

That is interesting Lily. I've had to enquire about postage to Namibia and Mauritius. Both were exorbitant. So will keep the registered item route in mind if it ever occurs again.

TS Ron

Lily at least you discussing mailing to different countries every time I have sent an item counter to counter it has been a different price at a different post office.

lilythepink

Counter-to-counter with SAPO should be standard rates. I never have a problem with our local PO. Once or twice a temporary worker has come up with some outrageous figure and I then just ask for the Postmaster (or his wheel-tapper's mate) and they confirm that I am in the right!