Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AngelaBraun

philatelic quiz

philatelic quiz  

1. 1. philatelic quiz

• ANSWER:
    • Answer WHY:

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 posts in this topic

You asked for it Gabriel, Here is the first of what I hope will be many more.

WHO IS THE (Ooooops, Sorry No Capitals) the only Country in the world not to print their name on their stamps and why.

I will watch with Interest and will tell you when the first correct answer comes through.

Quote for this entry: GENEROSITY Lord, I pray I would be rich in good deeds, generous and willing to share. 1 Timothy 6:18

I think it is England.....Not to sure why though

Terrance

Hi

Great Britain because the stamps are used through out the United Kingdom, Scotland, Wales etc

Gabriel1

Trevor Alloway and Gabriel move to almost the front of the class and receive a B+ for correctly answering the first half of the question Very well done Guys. :D

However, it is not over yet. Who will be the winner :?:

Now all 3 need go back to the drawing board and research the second half of the quizz for your destinction mark A++ :arrow:

Because GB was the first country (and only country at the time) to issue postage stamps so therefore claimed this right!!!! :?

clever boy

Eureka. Someone out there pays attention and has learnt his lessons exceptionaly well. Move to 1st in the class and Very Well Done 10 out of 10 A++

Whats my prize...an UMM Penny Black....thanks in advance. :D

reward

Prezzies are only given when I reach Queen of Sheba status and not Junior Apprentice

Oh...I see...I was about to ask for 4 good margins...Good fun...thanks! David. :D

you never know

Is it beacuse you are not greedy, but just because you like a lot. 4 Full margins nogal :!: :!: :!:

Waiting for the next stamp question....this is really increasing your number of posts....you will soon be Queen of Sheeba. Have agreat evening.

QUESTION #2 IS POSTED

Thanks David. As for the next question There are none so blind as those who chosse not to see. Check it out :!: The second question was posted over an hour ago. Come on Genius of the class pip everyone again and beat them to the answer

No Country Name - RSA

‘Who is the only country not to print their country name on their stamp and why?â€

Would say RSA. Just look at all the missing Black Printings (No RSA) on the modern RSA stamps.

read the answer

Jacques you :o me Did you not read the thread all the way through to see just how many bright buttons there are in the class. We will make true Philatelits boffins here. How about a few questions from you. Your knowledge surpasses the best of them

Hello Angela

But very seriously….

When it comes to knowledge, the best Union stamps offered on BidorBuy since I have joined was without doubt your London Fine Used 2/6. Pity about the misunderstanding.

Regards

Jacques

Who minds

Ag nee man Jacques what is a little banter between friends, we don't have misunderstandings disagreements aurguments nor fights we have debates, queries and banter. What is life about if one cant laugh at oneself. Life is too short to be concerned about who said what to who and about whom??? Am I making sense or talking nonsense. I do manage to find the odd gem now and again, thanks,but I wish others would recognise it. Unlike the many gems you have on offer I occasionally find a few.

A way bit off topic

Hello Angela

Feel sorry for you

Your youth flew past…so quickly.

You are no longer a JUNIOR apprentice.

Regards

Jacques

promoted Hooray

How did this happen :?: and I wasn't even interviewed for the promotion, nobody notified me that I was even been considered for promotion let alone even telling me of my elevated status. You are really top dog to have noticed and informing me. It just goes to show how unobservant I am. Thanks for the info, I will ry hard not to let the slight promotion go to my head. (For now) :!: :!: :!: