Sign in to follow this  
DestinysAngels

Dog Remote Training Collar

DestinysAngels

:sad:Okay, i really need to know why these are still selling here, is it really ok to Shock an Animal into getting their cooperation in listening, please correct me if i am wrong, but this seems Extremely Cruel, yet it is still allowed to be sold here - Why?

May i remind everybody that in the hands of uninformed or untrained people, these collars could kill a small dog in an instant, equipment such as this should be used by Trainers and Experts in the field of Training Dogs, not by the General Public!

Or at least it is my opinion and that of all my Colleagues i work with, we have been taught that this is not the way to go if you don't know how or the in's and out's of this contraption!

I please want an answers on this and other members opinions!

Collars & Leads - Dog Remote Training Collar with LCD Display 100 Levels Control for sale in Durban (ID:41732122)

Collars & Leads - 4in1 Remote Dog Anti-Bark Bark Stop Training Collar for sale in Durban (ID:41732123)

lilythepink

I believe that any "shock" treatment used to train an animal is wrong. Perhaps we should ask the seller(s) to wear one of these collars and demonstrate it for us? :evil:

xbertusr

Hi,

Please be advise it is illegal to sell these items on the bidorbuy site. Please note both listings were closed and the seller was notified.

DestinysAngels

:toung:Thank You, Thank You so very much Bertus, i am forever gratefull to you and i am sure alot of other members are too, what a relief!

catzcan

Well done to BoB. Good on you for spotting it Destiny:-))

DestinysAngels

Thanks catzcan, animals is my top priority and i always look out for them and always will!:smile1:

catzcan

Same here! I must say that after adopting Duke he was so quiet and scared and never barked. But for the past month or so he's discovered his voice and it is LOUD - I considered getting one of them "shocking" things even( joke, not realy - will neve do that!) - he's far too cute with his newly discovered bark!!

lilythepink

"Saint" is the enormous creature (Great Dane) who lives opposite us and his bark is firm and very, very loud! Fortunately he isn't a yapper.

He's also very funny the way he sits on the top step of their patio with his paws down on the ground - it's absolutely hilarious. I'm sure he thinks he's a human being!

mellowred

A spray bottle with water is the best "shock" treatment for dogs and cats. They have no idea where it came from just that it happens when they do certain things.

Even better is just to tell them how good they are when they do the right thing. Lots of love and cuddles work wonders.

We house trained Scuff (bless her soul) in a couple of days with positive training. Even at the age of 15 she still wagged her tail and looked pleased with herself each time she was told she was a "good girl". And I had to be careful using the word "outside" in conversation - she was always bitterly disappointed that she did not have a bone or treat to take outside and used to head for the door with her tail between her legs ... fooitog she was a wonderful, intelligent little being.

DestinysAngels
A spray bottle with water is the best "shock" treatment for dogs and cats. They have no idea where it came from just that it happens when they do certain things.

Even better is just to tell them how good they are when they do the right thing. Lots of love and cuddles work wonders.

We house trained Scuff (bless her soul) in a couple of days with positive training. Even at the age of 15 she still wagged her tail and looked pleased with herself each time she was told she was a "good girl". And I had to be careful using the word "outside" in conversation - she was always bitterly disappointed that she did not have a bone or treat to take outside and used to head for the door with her tail between her legs ... fooitog she was a wonderful, intelligent little being.

I see i tought you well, LOL, just kidding, you are doing great and thank you for that!:toung:

DestinysAngels
Same here! I must say that after adopting Duke he was so quiet and scared and never barked. But for the past month or so he's discovered his voice and it is LOUD - I considered getting one of them "shocking" things even( joke, not realy - will neve do that!) - he's far too cute with his newly discovered bark!!

Phew, so glad you were joking, you almost had me in a flurry of worry, LOL!:sneaky:

kyle2

Not to intentionally make fun of the seriousness of the above concerns, anyone who wants to get one of these collars, needs to hire a movie called "Fun with D|ck and Jane" the 90's version. One of these collars was used on a dog in the movie (obviously not for real) but the effects were dramatic and the collar was eventually used on a human, which demonstrated how horrible they are in operation. Very funny movie, but had some good points to share.

Edited by kyle2

DestinysAngels
Not to intentionally make fun of the seriousness of the above concerns, anyone who wants to get one of these collars, needs to hire a movie called "Fun with D|ck and Jane" the 90's version. One of these collars was used on a dog in the movie (obviously not for real) but the effects were dramatic and the collar was eventually used on a human, which demonstrated how horrible they are in operation. Very funny movie, but had some good points to share.

:thinking:Thanks for sharing, nice to know it was tested on a human, i would love to see them jump!

TS Ron

I think it is the most cruel thing as it is so natural for a dog to bark.We trained our labxstaff with a tin of stones. Everytime she did something we did not enjoy such as bark unnecessary the tin of stones were shaken close to her. But to shock a dog because it doing some thing natural is a NO NO NO NO!