Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Mini Network

Seeds for Africa

Can someone possibly give me some advice. I have two pc's. One is setup with a cell c speedstick (call this PC1) . The other pc (PC2) is setup about 10 metres away. I am trying to find the cheapest way to make use of the 3g connection on PC1 on PC2. PC2 is a notebook and has wifi. PC1 is a desktop without wifi.

Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks

MacMuffin

If you are running Microsoft, have a look at Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) - you can share via Ethernet cable. Another option (unsure if the cell-c stick supports it), but there are a number of wireless routers out there which can take a 3G modem via USB - you would then connect PC1 via ethernet cable to the router and would be able to connect PC2 via wireless to the router directly.

Seeds for Africa
If you are running Microsoft, have a look at Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) - you can share via Ethernet cable. Another option (unsure if the cell-c stick supports it), but there are a number of wireless routers out there which can take a 3G modem via USB - you would then connect PC1 via ethernet cable to the router and would be able to connect PC2 via wireless to the router directly.

Thanks Mac. I am going to look into the wireless option. I will just check that my cell C supports it.

Many thanks

Grant