Sign in to follow this  
mjhassan

Unsatisfactory response to my SNC appeal from bob

mjhassan    10
mjhassan

It doesnt seem to matter to bob that a seller lied to me(the buyer) about 2 things in 1 sale.

It seems as if you guys look at the success fees the seller brings in.I have proof on emails which bob never even requested.

There was no investigation,I filed an appeal and in no time I get a response,"Nobody at fault"

Item recieved was not as described and incorrect charger,seller is already at fault.then lies about sending a new 1 and then lies about refunding my money, and i get told by bob that i have to send item 1st before getting my money.i dont even know if this thing works.very dissappointed in bob's service in this case.money is everything to you and service is nothing,i asked to be contacted by a manger and still waiting.

mellowred    10
mellowred

Hi mjhassan, welcome to the forum. If you spend a bit of time viewing posts on the forum, you will see that BoB do investigate complaints, possibly just not as quick as we all want at the time.

I'm sure one of the BoB staff will address your post and that your problem will be sorted.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I second mellowred's advice to you. BoB definitely do investigate complaints. One just has to be patient.

By the way, mjhassan, have you submitted all the necessary proof to BoB about the transaction? You need to give them the Auction/Order Number, copies of emails between you and the seller, and a brief summary about the problem you have experienced. Send all these to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za.

Good luck.

qball    11
qball

Thank you for your feedback in this regard. Even though we found nobody at fault, we do not get the success fees on this transaction. Even if the seller agreed to refund you prior to our involvement, it is necessary to send the item back. The seller will not jeopardise his selling ability by not refunding you, but it does require that you send the item back, this is standard practice when it comes to refunds and returns in pretty much any industry. Please send the item back and we will ensure your refund is processed from the seller's side. Please liaise with Khaba regarding this issue.

Thank you for your co-operation and understanding in this regard and we apologise for any inconvenience caused,

Kind regards

Cuan

mjhassan    10
mjhassan

Khaba is of no help,If you check,I have another 2 SNC's pending and is way overdue.He cannot even give me any details and as for the SNC with Auctions online,Bid or Buy is doing nothing or investigating nothing about this seller.They do not want to listen to anything I have to say.The seller lied twice to me and again yesterday he promised to go and buy me a tomtom charger and send it immediatley,but guess what! he never got back to me.I have been asking Khaba to get somebody above him to contact me,but he just dont care,he is neverminded.I have lost and still loosing a lot of money as a buyer on bid or buy because the sellers never seem to be at fault and bob staff cannot sought out anything.

admin    0
admin
Khaba is of no help,If you check,I have another 2 SNC's pending and is way overdue.He cannot even give me any details and as for the SNC with Auctions online,Bid or Buy is doing nothing or investigating nothing about this seller.They do not want to listen to anything I have to say.The seller lied twice to me and again yesterday he promised to go and buy me a tomtom charger and send it immediatley,but guess what! he never got back to me.I have been asking Khaba to get somebody above him to contact me,but he just dont care,he is neverminded.I have lost and still loosing a lot of money as a buyer on bid or buy because the sellers never seem to be at fault and bob staff cannot sought out anything.

Hi mjhassan,

The SNC was filed as "Seller and Buyer agree not to proceed with sale", you agreed in your appeal that you will be sending the item back that is why your appeal was accepted and no one was found at fault. The seller was credited back his success fee for the transaction and you are supposed to send the item back to him so he can refund you on receipt of the item, as explained to you by Cuan, the bidorbuy Operations Manager, in this thread.

To summarize, SNC was filed, no one was found at fault as you both agreed to cancel the sale, seller was credited his success fee as no sale took place. He is NOT supposed to send you a charger, you are supposed to send the item back for a refund ?

SProducts    10
SProducts

I am confused by this procedure. I thought that if the item is faulty, the buyer will return it to the seller in the condition received with all accessories if a refund is requested. The seller will then check the item if its faulty and if satisfied will then refund the buyer their money or replace the item. After that the seller will then file SNC to inform BoB they had refunded the buyer and cancelled the sale.

What is confusing for me is that the seller has already filed SNC while they havent even refunded the buyer or received back the faulty item. If I am correct the seller hasnt refunded the buyer, then the seller shouldnt file SNC and the success fees should still be paid to BoB as the sale is still on.

admin    0
admin
If I am correct the seller hasnt refunded the buyer, then the seller shouldnt file SNC and the success fees should still be paid to BoB as the sale is still on.

Exactly Sipho, I am still waiting for an answer :colbert: