Sign in to follow this  
SA picker

Questions?

SA picker    10
SA picker

Firstly I have a question for the sellers here.

Will you phone a buyer back if he request you to do so via e-mail several times to sort out bad communication?

Secondly,

Why would a rating be removed that one gives to a seller?

mellowred    10
mellowred

Will you phone a buyer back if he request you to do so via e-mail several times to sort out bad communication?

That would depend on the buyer's reasons and attitude. If he has a legitimate concern or problem I certainly would.

Some buyers (and sellers) are just difficult and on a power trip. Phone calls are not cheap and not recorded so I would prefer to sort out via mail (all is also in writing then).

Secondly,

A rating would be removed for a period of 7 days if a seller had filed a SNC. BoB will also permanently remove ratings it deems to be unfair.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Hi Sa Picker,

Question 1 Yes I will definitly phone him back.

Question 2 The Sellers reputation is on the spell. Why rate neutral or negative if the problem can be resolved between buyer and seller?

an Unfair rating could be removed:thinking:

Edited by MiemsJewels

Vegar    10
Vegar

Yes, I would phone back if I thought there was a chance to sort out a problem verbally - however, all a buyer has to do is pay ... and that is usually a problem one throws money at ... the buyer that is!

Secondly,

When a seller files SNC - ususally for non-payment - the ratings disappear only to come back a week later and hopefully the problem has been solved in the meantime. The buyer can APPEAL the SNC if they feel the seller is at fault. Check out the REASON given for the SNC.

If you rated the seller negative because of a problem with the seller you can seek advice from the COMMUNITY WATCH

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

If there is a genuine reason to phone a buyer, I will never hesitate to do so.

And if a buyer gives a seller an unfair rating this can be removed if you can prove to BoB that the negative rating was unfair, or revenge.

SProducts    10
SProducts

I am assuming this is about me.

As Mellowred stated I preffer email communication as there is record of everything. The email records will come in handy should the dispute escalate to something more serious.

The email communication would then apply to this question, I went through all emails I received and responded from the buyer and not even one email he requested me to call him. He never did and the emails can prove it. The buyer rated me negative with comment telling me to speak to the courier and tell him when they will deliver, unless thats what he reffers to.

Even if he buyer had requested me to call him, I wouldnt have as alreadythe communication was bad. The buyer was emailing and rating me almost every 3 hours updating his rating, reporting me to all emails on Bidorbuy.

*Secondly,

I appealed the negative rating because it was an unfair rating, I explained everything and the rating was then removed due to it being unfair. After all this, I didnt change my rating to the buyer, its still positive. The only change is the comment trying to explain to his reply that I didnt have his address.

Check this thread for more information about this problem, http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/selling-bidorbuy/14103-buyers-not-providing-physical-address-courier-then-blame-you-delays.html

Sipho

Vegar    10
Vegar

The clearer picture that emerges is that SA picker wants to beat up on the seller instead of resolving the issue.

The whole thing could have been avoided if SA picker had just given the seller the physical address .... :idea:

Some times people displace anger ...

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Well said, Vegar.

Now I feel really sorry for Sipho!

SA picker    10
SA picker

When you received my first mail you should have noticed that there was a problem. I did ask you to call me on my first negative rating I send you via BOB. When I changed the rating I again ask you to call me. Other sellers will take the effort to phone a buyer if they forseen a problem.

I have notice the frustaration on my side came in because your mails (gmail) was delayed by our server and I only received them a day or two later (that you should also have noticed). It would have never became a problem if you contacted me in the first place. You only replied via mail becaused the only way for me to get hold of you was to ask questions via questions on your products.

On all your mails you got immediate reply(no delay in sending). My rating was a bit unfair I must admit and for that I appologise but I still consider you a bad seller just because of your ratings and there is proof of that as well. BOB can remove the rating. I still say you got your money within a few minutes and only recieved my product 7 days later whereas it should have been with me within 3 working days.

I also have copies of all the mails, etc.

Here is just one copy... of my post on Wed.

Dear Gerhardt,

SProducts (4354 rating5.gif) has replied, or updated their reply, to the Negative rating you gave them relating to the item **IN STOCK** Android 2.2 with 3G support 7" TOUCH WiFi Tablet PC Netbook with Camera.

Your rating comment was

Disappointed in your service (fastmail??) You dont reply to e-mails and now another 3 days for delivery. Phone me! You received your money in 5min

SProducts (4354 rating5.gif) 's reply is

We didnt have your delivery address and we emailed you for it, you sent your adddress today. Without the address where could we have sent your parcel?

BTW the adress was send to you on Tuesday...

Hi

Got it and will process for dispatch.

Regards

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 4:44 PM,

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Dear SApicker

You cannot blame the seller for Post Office/courier delays. This is totally not cool!

SA picker    10
SA picker

Dear Lily, i see you have the well being of everyone in mind. Good. In your 7000+ replies you have proofed it is better to be good than bad. I still say if Sipho contacted me I would have never rated him badly.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

SApicker - I agree that good communication is always necessary between seller and buyer but cellphone (and landline) calls cost money so I tend to find it difficult to believe that you could not have communicated with the seller via email, as is his preference it seems.

I hope, however, that you have managed to sort the problem out amicably by now.

SProducts    10
SProducts

The rules of the forum is not to discuss such things, these should be discussed between the seller and the buyer privately. I will make my last comment and will avoid direct respond to SA Picker unless its a general comment.

SA Picker you sent your email at 16h44 on 05 July, thats the time I can see on my side. Since I wasnt on email at that time, going through all email the folowing day I responded to your email on 06 July at 11h20 acknowledging that I have received your address and will dispatch. I then booked your parcel the same time as there were also other parcel for that day. Fastway picked up your parcel on Thursday in the morning and they delivered the parcel to your address on Friday.

Check your emails correctly and you will see, I responded to your email Wednesday. About an hour after that I responded I received your negative rating which I also responded to. Why would I say I received your address today when I received it the day before when I responded to your rating? Remember that the time I respond to your email is the time I actually received it, unless the email program send a read receipt which could be a good record of when the email is actually read.

You also said my emails took a day before you could get them due to your server and gmail problems. If that's the case, why didnt you give me a benefit of the doubt as you could see I was responding but my responds were delayed by your server?

As to the rating comment about calling you, I cannot comment as I cant access it now and check. The last comment I remember on teh rating was the one about speaking to the courier and then tell you when they will deliver.

One last thing, we had a bad deal. You still have a positive rating, I dont have your rating, either way you still win. Can we rather let it go as there's nothing we can do now except shout at each for no reason.

Sipho

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

I Rest my case :oops:

Vegar    10
Vegar

We have apologies from both sides ... shake hands and move on :worried:

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Silly question. Did you have the sellers telephone number?

mellowred    10
mellowred

SA Picker, Sipho has 8,196 sales and 207 negatives. With the type of products he sells I say "Hats off to him". I'm 100% confident he will sort out any issue you have.

You have bought 215 items with just one neutral.

Both of you are great sellers/buyers I do not believe this misunderstanding should even be on the forum. Shake hands, be nice and all will be well.

SProducts    10
SProducts

I didnt want to start a new thread, thought I should share one of the current case here. It looks like I am destined for negative ratings all the way through.

Blackberry - BLACKBERRY 9530 STORM - BOXED with all accessories, unlocked Original RIM Touch Screen cell phone. was sold for R1,650.00 on 8 Jul at 20:01 by SProducts in Johannesburg (ID:39143665)

This buyer paid on Sunday, on Monday around 2pm he rated me negative for not sending tracking number and communicating with them. On the listing I have mentioned I acknowldge payments in the afternoon and print all orders for processing the following day, still the buyer didnt notice this. He then went on at the same time and reported me on Bidorbuy, I have responded to Bidorbuy and the buyer and have alreday sent their item.

They email or update their negative rating almost daily.

Now to the worst part, they are based in Thabazimbi and when I booked their parcel with Collivery on Tuesday the system indicated that due to the area not being serviced frequently the delivery will be done on 19 July which is Tuesday next week. I already know the rating stays and I will have a very long week till next week as I will have to explain to Bidorbuy and to the seller almost the same thing everyday or after a few hours. I did inform the Bidorbuy consultant about this and also provided buyer with waybill and told them to contact the courier so they hear it from them, maybe they might change their mind.

Anyway let me get back to the emails before another buyer thinks I am ignoring their emails!:worried:

Edited by SProducts

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Unfair ratings, and so unnessecary. I wonder if some buyers get a trill out of it, really

Edited by MiemsJewels

kyle2    10
kyle2
Unfair ratings, and so unnessecary. I wonder is some buyers get a trill out of it LOL

Communication solves 99% of all problems among decent hardworking people. Missunderstanding causes 99% of all problems. The rest fate deals up.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
SApicker - I agree that good communication is always necessary between seller and buyer but cellphone (and landline) calls cost money so I tend to find it difficult to believe that you could not have communicated with the seller via email, as is his preference it seems.

I hope, however, that you have managed to sort the problem out amicably by now.

I take a slightly different approach to communication. I am not sure that a business can be run solely via emails. There are times when a buyer simply needs to talk / vent / know that they have paid or are dealing with a real person. Probably 1 in 100 buyers may need a phone call. A 5 minute phone call will cost say R10 if made to a cell number. Out of 100 sales that works out at 10c a sale. Thats the way I see it so is it really a big cost in the end. I suspect negative ratings cost a lot more than a phone call.

I was telling a fellow bobber today that if a buyer looked over the forum they would think sellers as a whole are an ungrateful bunch, as always complaining about buyers. Hey, I sometimes need to vent after a difficult sale, but in perspective 90% of sales are perfect. We need to give credit to those 90% of valued customers who follow through with their side of the transaction perfectly, without which none of us would exist on this fantastic trading platform.

And whilst I am here I had a little issue with a buyer who couldnt understand why when paying a cash dposit fee it shows that they have overpaid. Candice with her normal incredible efficiency mailed the buyer with an explanation in a matter of minutes of me emailing her! Excellent service from Bob and especially Candice!

Excuse me if slightly off topic but I believe all relevant to other posts in this thread!

Thanks

SProducts    10
SProducts
I take a slightly different approach to communication. I am not sure that a business can be run solely via emails. There are times when a buyer simply needs to talk / vent / know that they have paid or are dealing with a real person. Probably 1 in 100 buyers may need a phone call. A 5 minute phone call will cost say R10 if made to a cell number. Out of 100 sales that works out at 10c a sale. Thats the way I see it so is it really a big cost in the end. I suspect negative ratings cost a lot more than a phone call.

I was telling a fellow bobber today that if a buyer looked over the forum they would think sellers as a whole are an ungrateful bunch, as always complaining about buyers. Hey, I sometimes need to vent after a difficult sale, but in perspective 90% of sales are perfect. We need to give credit to those 90% of valued customers who follow through with their side of the transaction perfectly, without which none of us would exist on this fantastic trading platform.

And whilst I am here I had a little issue with a buyer who couldnt understand why when paying a cash dposit fee it shows that they have overpaid. Candice with her normal incredible efficiency mailed the buyer with an explanation in a matter of minutes of me emailing her! Excellent service from Bob and especially Candice!

Excuse me if slightly off topic but I believe all relevant to other posts in this thread!

Thanks

As much as I agree with you, but I wouldnt call a buyer whom has sent a confrontational email requesting a call. I would call a buyer who has a problem regarding their purchase and believe me most buyers will send you their problem and wait for you. If its urgent they will mention it and even give their contact details. Whether you call or email they dont care as long as their problem is solved speedily.

We've had issues when couriers call us to inform us they cant deliver due to buyer not available and all, I then call the buyer and if unavailable send sms and also emails to try and get their attention so they communicate with courier about delivery.

Lilythepink's point was basically about phoning someone so they shout at you for no reason.. If there's really a serious problem or misunderstanding yes a call should be due, but a seller might find it easier to send an email with details instead of a call.

Edited by SProducts

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Thanks, Sipho. At least you understand what I was trying to say!

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
Thanks, Sipho. At least you understand what I was trying to say!

I do get what you were saying. My point is simply that far too often sellers wont call customers simply because of the cost of the phone call. Spread out over all your sales, the odd phone call is insignificant in cost. Thats all i was saying.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
I do get what you were saying. My point is simply that far too often sellers wont call customers simply because of the cost of the phone call. Spread out over all your sales, the odd phone call is insignificant in cost. Thats all i was saying.

I wasn't meaning you! Promise! I know if you don't get what I'm saying you ask instead of just assuming! And I happen to agree with your sentiments about the cost of a phone call so long as it is worthwhile making it! lol