Sign in to follow this  
mellowred

What is the best time and day of week for closing an auction?

mellowred

To all the long time sellers, what do you feel is the best time for closing an auction and what day of the week?

I have time on my hands now to list the attic and basement full of "stuff" and would like to use some method in my madness.

Vegar

I believe the best time to close an auction is evening between 8 and 10 - but that is probably because I browse at this time and will get into a bidding war for the fun of watching an auction play out ... :hm:

But a rational person might argue that office workers have a slump in the afternoon between 2 and 4 so that would be a good time to have your item on the top of the page.

My experience is that IT DOESN'T MATTER when your listing closes time wise.

What I have found is that auctions which close towards the end of the month - after the 23rd do much better!

Everything sells sooner or later and if someone really wants something then nothing matters; not price, not shipping cost or the time the auction closes.

dstorm

Hello Mellowred

If I had to write a detailed post about your question, it would have been 100% the same as Vegar’s answer.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

Edited by dstorm

mellowred

Morning Vegar and Jacques

Thanks for input. I'll try between the two suggested time frames and see what I can get up before 23rd.

Have a good one.

Mandy

lilythepink

When I post on Crazy Wednesday, then I am happy to have all my items near the end of the listings. I think this helps me with sales.

On general auctions I haven't found any specific time to end as being better than others.