Sign in to follow this  
Sleep_Easy

As sellers we are tired of this!

Sleep_Easy    10
Sleep_Easy

Hi all, I'm not happy as I type this and I know there are alot of you that feel the same.

Long story short > I have a bidder who won a bid on an item on the 29th of June. Since then I have sent repeated emails to complete checkout.

Today 12th of June I decide to relist the item as chances of receiving payment by now is so to say zero.

Guess what happens next? He decides to make payment after 14 days.

How does one resolve this mess???

Fashion Police    10
Fashion Police

This has happened to me before as well.

I've even had a buyer who paid a MONTH later without any warning or indication (this also after several emails and attempts to get the buyer to communicate with me, SNC, no response etc...). Very strange indeed :confused:

By then when I received the payment the goods were no longer available and obviously I had to refund this person.

Luckily I did warn the buyer in my emails that payments are due within 48 hours, or items will be relisted which could result in someone else purchasing them.

Anyhoo, it's best to state your terms in your listings and specify the expected time period for purchases and payments to be completed. At least this will keep your side of things clear.

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

You ask the buyer for his bank account redeposit the money into his account again. Inform him that you had relisted the item after trying invain to contact the person. You need to have hair on your teeth. Did you state in your terms that you giving the buyer a certain amount of time in which to make an payment?

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

And then there is this...

Buyer completed checkout on 12 Jul 15:49 (today). Auction won on 17 Jul 14:02 (2009)

Buyer is -2 rating and just TODAY completed checkout and wants to remit payment....for an auction that closed TWO YEARS AGO!

Thinking :thinking: ...should I just throw myself onto the floor and die laughing or pull out the one hair I have left?

Ruthie

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Buyer completed checkout on 12 Jul 15:49 (today). Auction won on 17 Jul 14:02 (2009)

Buyer is -2 rating and just TODAY completed checkout and wants to remit payment....for an auction that closed TWO YEARS AGO!

Thinking :thinking: ...should I just throw myself onto the floor and die laughing or pull out the one hair I have left?

Ruthie

Maybe it was Rip Van Winkel, who only woke up in 2011 Ruthie

mellowred    10
mellowred

Ruthie

ROFLMAO Ruthie. Thanks, that's the best one in a long time. But me thinks you should send Sleep Easy round to rip the last hair out of your buyers head.

Sleep Easy, you also look like someone who should offer personal deliveries as one of your shipping terms. :grin:

Serious though, don't forget to deduct all bank charges and listing fees from your buyers payment before you refund. By BoB terms he should have paid within seven days so he has well and truly broken the contract.

Eish it is all so annoying.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

MiemsJewels... Hopefully, she is fully rested by now. After a 'power doze' (30-minute nap), I am drinking coffee to get my heart pumping. If I slept that long, I'd be chewing the beans long before they were ground and a pot was made!

mellowred... Buyer sent email requesting bank info and I sent a reply saying the auction closed two years ago and the item bid/won is no longer available; payment will not be accepted.

Ruthie

brands online    10
brands online

Sleep Easy, mail them a copy of your avatar! That should do the trick :grin:

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

Ruthie

You must be joking I would surely enquire from this buyer where on earth have you been. Made they did not have a computer for two years...

Vegar    10
Vegar

Since then I have sent repeated emails to complete checkout.

Today 12th of June I decide to relist the item as chances of receiving payment by now is so to say zero.

When a buyer has not completed checkout it means they don't have banking details - file SNC and BLOCK THE DUDE when you want to re-list so they can't get your banking details to pay.

The 'mess' is resolved by reversing payment ...

How does one resolve this mess???

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

When making a refund, don't forget to deduct your bank charges for doing so!

Vegar    10
Vegar
When making a refund, don't forget to deduct your bank charges for doing so!

I have never done that - didn't think it was permitted ... since I am a CAPITEC bank person with very minimal fee charges I have not felt the impact really.

But it makes sense! Will do so - when having to refund I am the loser anyway so why indeed lose more due to bank fees!!?

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I need a STRONG cup of coffee - fast and lots of it!

Heaven help me with this newbie buyer - All ratings received by magpie1 on bidorbuy.co.za

Buys items 17 June - zero response, zero payment, etc. I file and SNC after several reminders plus emails on how to complete the transaction to get the banking details.

Then suddenly she "wakes up" and completes the transaction on 8 July (after SNC filed). Then she can't "find" the banking info - I basically spell it out for her. Then the next excuse is that she does not do internet banking as her account was hacked before (yip - must be one of those individuals who click on any email received re their account). She eventually makes payment (thank heavens with the cash deposit fee), but excluding shipping.

I rate her neutral as the payment is incomplete, plus the extended "wait" for payment. I cancel the SNC as well. Then she orders more items (now over R300) and same story applies - wait for transaction to be completed with payment.

And what do I get instead of her doing the payment? Neutral ratings for "attitude towards buyers"! My word - what must I do to satisfy her? I should have blocked her from the word go instead of giving her a chance.

PS. In addition to the above, she then started with the negative ratings on items won this morning including: "what charm school did you go to? I'd ask for a refund"

I phoned BoB and they have removed her ratings. She has subsequently been blocked!

Edited by Cali Craft and Gems
update on latest info

Vegar    10
Vegar

Lily -

I seem to remember that there is a rule for the "Consumer's protection act" that you have to give a FULL REFUND .... so actually the seller is NOT allowed to deduct banking fees - can we get clarification on this?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I'm sorry but a seller is entitled to claim ALL costs if a buyer defaults! The buyer is at fault here, not the seller so, yes, legally (even in terms of common law which always prevails) one can deduct one's bank charges for making a refund in these circumstances.

Vegar    10
Vegar

It does make sense, otherwise the seller is out of pocket - not to speak about the time and effort that goes into a sale 'gone wrong'.

On another note - HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO COMPLETE AN ORDER AFTER TWO YEARS ??????????? Does the system keep a transaction alive that long?

And yes REMEMBER to BLOCK the weird ones - they never change for the better!!

wayjen    10
wayjen

well, well talk of the devil and he is sure to appear.

Yesterday we file an snc and relist some items from a non paying bidder and we rate accordingly. Today the bidder pays us less but pays too short. The original email sent out breaks down the price and says that if they pay cash they must add another R16.50 for cash deposits. The buyer does a cash deposit but does not pay the R16.50.

We are thinking of sending the items off minus an item that costs R15.00 to recuperated the R16.50.