Sign in to follow this  
AngelaBraun

Extremely Rare, Very Scarce Unique

dstorm

Hello Alloway

The problem is (KennyN is my witness): I simply pay a lot more and sell for a lot less.

Hello Gabriel1 and KennyN

I think both of you should become professional stamp dealers. With your wit we are right back to our original topic. With your imagination and UNEQUALLED ability to bull**** with (apparent) straight faces you should be able to write descriptions that will make Seahorsefanatic choke on his Red Bull.

Both of you should have been Specially Invited Speakers on that “famous afternoonâ€. And yes, did one of you not write in pen on the mentioned document?

Well, I guess, forgive and forget…

See you next Saturday.

Regards

Jacques

Kit W

Hi all

It is very pleasing for me to notice the respect that stamp collectors have for one another. Both Angela & Sheann I place in high esteem. I haven't noticed this respect among some of the coin collectors / dealers especially after having posting various comments about commemorative coins - will stay with the philatelic fraternity, a much nicer forum.!! Yes, this is my first visit and thanks for the many friends that I have chatted to in such a short time-frame.

Regards to you all

Kit

gabriel 1

Hi Kit W

You are most welcome here, we want to grow the Forum and promote our hobby and yes we are a freindly bunch of people. If you collect stamps, please participate in Jacques poll on " How long have you been collecting", it is interesting to read what people are collecting and how it came about etc.

Regards

Gabriel1

Kit W

Thank you for the words of welcome.. I have already responded to the poll and have been collecting for some 45 years - it has always been a passion of mine. It is such a pity that todays youngsters have little or no interest in our hobby. The economic climate, I guess, does not lend to the young folk sustaining their interest and building a collection of note.

I look forward to being a regular on this happy & informative forum

Kit W :lol:

dstorm

Hello Kit W

Thanks for your post.

I really have to agree with you. It is all about respect. I have been in the market for some time now and it is amazing how much knowledge is around in the stamp field.

The moment we think we know a lot, we meet someone new or read a new article and everything around us is seen in a new perspective.

But just in case you did not notice, Gabriel1 and KennyN are actually two thinly disguised hooligans.

Regards

Jacques

Kit W

Hi Jacques

Life, to me, revolves around characters & would seem that there is no difference on this forum - Gabriel1 & Kenny N are the "characters" (according to you) and I am sure that they will respond to these allegations. A lot of light-hearted banter and the ability to laugh is all we need in todays times when the going gets a bit tough. I have a new "life-style" on BoB NOW - NO MORE CHECKING ON BIDS OR BIDDING - I check to see what has been developing on this forum - obviously all the best of mates - THATS GREAT

CHEERS

Kit W

dstorm

Hello Kit W

I quote from your post:

Gabriel1 & Kenny N are the "characters"

You can say that again.

Regards

Jacques

Sorry, but I have to admit, I love then both. See, they are both in the liquor trade.

Kit W

Thanks Jacques...nothing wrong with that. I don't mind the odd drop but it is no good for the Arthritis. I took note of the question about the "Boere kamp" post mark and has been bugging me all the time, I wonder if Julian at Eastgate Stamps can't help with this one?

Do you know when the Post Office rates come into effect? Over the past few months that I have been on BoB I have buit up such a good relationship with SAPO staff that were previously, well, "otherwise" and also met up with another BoB seller from my "neck of the woods" (Randfontein) - unfortunately we only had time for a quick chat & a coffee - time to get him to be active on this forum as well

Cheers

Kit W

dstorm

Hello Kit W

I have buit up such a good relationship with SAPO staff

We hear such a lot of the bad service at SAPO. I mail from two post offices. Both of them are fantastic. Friendly and efficient. The Post Mistress at my nearest post office reminds me of ex minister Cassaburri (remember her?). Going to the post office is not a schlep to me.

Trust Gabriel to come up with a stunner.

Regards

Jacques

gabriel 1

Hi

As you can probably see I bought the stamp from Eastgate Stamps, I think if Jullian knew which camp it was he would have indicated in his description. I was not even aware that "Boer Camp" postmarks even exsisted, obviously when I saw it I nearly fell out of my chair.

As far as SAPO are concerned I had a great relationship with the Strubenvale office before I moved. They used to keep all my mail for me and I could collect anytime, I know them all by name and they are all very helpful.

Regards

Gabriel1

antiquemaps
HAVE YOU NOTICED LATELY JUST HOW OFTEN THE WORDS EXREMELY RARE, VERY SCARCE, UNIQUE etc etc etc IS BEING USED BY SELLERS OF STAMPS. AND ARE THEY HONESTLY THAT SCARCE, RARE, UNIQUE. THERE ARE QUITE A FEW I HAVE NOTICED WHICH ARE FAR FROM SDCARCE UNIQUE OR RARE.

ANOTHER PLOY BEING USED IS THE DECEASED ESTATE LOT WITH HORRIBLE PHOTOGRAPHS TO SHOW THE ITEM ON OFFER. SURELY WE CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS, AFTER ALL IF YOU ARE TRADING WITH HONESTY, YOU WILL TRY TO GIVE PROSPECTIVE BUYERS THE BEST QUALITY SCAN POSSIBLE TO SEE JUST HOW GOOD YOUR ITEM REALLY IS. HOW CAN YOU EXPECT A BUYER TO CONSIDER YOUR ITEM WHEN YOU WONT EVEN SCAN THE CONTENT BEEN OFFERED. I KNOW IT TAKES TIME, AND A LOT OF HARD WORK TO DO IT, BUT I WOULD RATHER SELL LESS ITEMS AND GIVE MY CUSTOMERS A PERFECT INSIGHT INTO WHAT THEY ARE GETTING.

JUST A LITTLE FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

The BoB system apparently allows one to upload "an image no more than 3MB", which is quite a large viewable picture, but I have tried this an they always shrink the image so small that one can just as well not load an image that is worth viewing. So don't blame all seller as we try, but for some reason the "system" shrinks the pictures.:mad:

gabriel 1

Hi

I think you are using the "system" incorrectly, upload images to your description page, they do not "shrink".

Regards

Gabriel1