Sign in to follow this  
Fashion Police

Need clarity!

Fashion Police

I would like to get some clarity on an issue...

This item...is it authentic or fake?

Handbags & Bags - *BRAND NEW* Authentic Guess 'Melange' Handbag for sale in Cape Town (ID:40684904)

Anyone who knows the brand well can tell just from the images, e.g stitching quality, lining, tags, labels, the dust bag, style number, style name etc...that it's in actual fact AUTHENTIC.

Fake Guess handbags first of all do not come with style names and numbers that can be verified, and the inner lining will not have a label attached to identify the bag.

Unlike Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Prada & Gucci; Guess does not come with certificates and authenticity cards (the brand is not in that rank)... R15000 VS R1500? Anyone who's previously actually purchased themselves an authentic Guess handbag will know this.

First of all some sour grape reports it as "not authentic" without even having any facts! Most likely a person who sold fakes, was reported and wanted to get revenge on every other seller on BoB. Now I'm being asked to remove the item until I can proof that it's authentic by providing a receipt or a letter from the supplier?

This handbag was a private purchase, what more can I provide to proof the authenticity!?

lilythepink

This is really sad for you but, yes, there have been many sellers (they come and go) of less than authentic, Name Brand handbags (amongst other things), on Bid or Buy.

Could the person/shop which sold the bag to you not confirm it's authenticity perhaps? This does mean an additional hassle for you but it will protect anyone wanting to buy your bag.

Fashion Police

Thank you Lily,

It's going to be tough, and I almost think not possible.

I bought it from a private individual, it's not someone I know personally or have contact with.

What I normally do is shop around or "bargain" hunt for tasteful items to resell on BoB. I don't always necessarily purchase my stock from shops where I can obtain receipts, I do at some that are not franchised shops - but seldom.

I know for a fact that it's authentic and can be confirmed at any Guess shop - I can actually offer a money back guarantee on it.

lilythepink

Send a private message (PM) to Cuan ("qball") and explain the situation to him.

I find him to be fair when situations are properly explained to him.

Good luck.

qball

Please take the item to a Guess store to have it authenticated and supply us with written confirmation. Unless you can supply us with written confirmation of the above we will unfortunately have to insist that proof if supplied. This is directed at all sellers regarding these items as the site has been flooded with such items and we need to be certain that the products listed are genuine.

Thank you for your co-operation and understanding in this regard.

Fashion Police

I will go to a Guess shop and have them authenticated, there is not a spec of doubt in my mind that they're not.

I do feel however in this case that the same should be requested from all Guess handbag sellers on BoB, to provide proof of authenticity - whether their handbags are authentic or not. It's only fair to expect this from everyone and not just from one seller due to someone who evidently have no clue what a genuine Guess handbag looks like reported it...

qball

Thank you.

We have in fact contacted just about every single seller listing these products for proof of authenticity - it is not only directed at you...

brands online

While I can understand your frustration Fashion Police, I tend to agree with how BOB are dealing with this problem of piracy/counterfeited goods. It should also not be a problem for any seller selling authentic goods to have them authenticated if the authenticity is in question. The problem on the site has been and is still widespread, but BOB have always and moreso of recent, been addressing and attending these type of issues very seriously. I, for one have seen a decline and also blacklisting of lots of suspicious sellers.

Unfortunately, there will always be those who put others through unnecessary inconvenience, but it does go with the territory.

Fashion Police

Thank you,

Yep, I understand - and yep, it's frustrating :suspicious:

But - I have nothing to hide, therefore I will obtain proof that they're authentic from a verified Guess dealer :grin:

Users who just report others unreasonably should also be probed, and asked to justify their suspicions.

(Not generally speaking) Some users just report left, right and centre - some out of spite and/or revenge.

Still new as a seller...but boy, learning new and some exciting things (and different personalities) everyday :o)