Sign in to follow this  
MiemsJewels

Some buyers cannot read!!!!!!???

MiemsJewels

Isn't it strange that some buyers cannot read this:

PS: IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE TRANSACTION PLEASE CONTACT ME

FIRST BEFORE LEAVING A NEUTRAL OR NEGATIVE RATING.

1x1_trans.gifNeutral rating for GORGEOUS VINTORIO COLLECTION GREEN PENDANT &...

23 Mar 2011

Comment:

nice item - arrived with the chain broken from the pendant

by (79 rating2.gif)

Response:

Necklace already replaced. Please change neutral rating. Thank you

Edited by MiemsJewels

Seeds for Africa

I understand your frustration. I do get the feeling that 90% of people buy without taking note of the terms.

MiemsJewels
Isn't it strange that some buyers cannot read this:

PS: IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE TRANSACTION PLEASE CONTACT ME

FIRST BEFORE LEAVING A NEUTRAL OR NEGATIVE RATING.

1x1_trans.gifNeutral rating for GORGEOUS VINTORIO COLLECTION GREEN PENDANT &...

23 Mar 2011

Comment:

nice item - arrived with the chain broken from the pendant

by (79 rating2.gif)

Response:

Necklace already replaced. Please change neutral rating. Thank you

SPECIAL ANOUNCEMENT:

Buyer changed the neutral to a possitive 10 minutes ago.

Guest Guest
Buyer changed the neutral to a possitive 10 minutes ago.

Like they say; "BOB, not only Life..., can be a real B itch"

Sterkte! :razz:

TS Ron

Miems and your packaging is so great honestly! I am sure you must of been as mad as an snake with your rating! Glad the buyer had changed it !

Guest Guest
I am sure you must of been as mad as an snake with your rating!

Nothing like BOB-Miems scorned man - NOTHING! ...:awesome:

PS On a lighter note... Please BOB people!

MiemsJewels
Miems and your packaging is so great honestly! I am sure you must of been as mad as an snake with your rating! Glad the buyer had changed it !

Hi Asecon, Yes I was furios, but luckily she changed it. Also glad it wasn't a NEGATIVE!. LOL

MiemsJewels
Nothing like BOB-Miems scorned man - NOTHING! ...:awesome:

PS On a lighter note... Please BOB people!

They say: "Hell has no fury like a woman scorned" Edmund LOL

MagpieSales

Hi all

Let me just introduce myself to the forum as I have never posted here before. My name is Lauren and I am reasonably new to bid or buy and have enjoyed selling on the site. I just wanted to ask everyones opinion on the following matter as I am not sure how to resolve it. A brand new buyer with no ratings (other than the rating I provided) bought an item from me. Today he/she gave me a Neutral rating saying "Delivery via S.A postal service , need I say more ? Good quality product as per advert " - do you think this is fair? :thinking: I ship my items within 2 business days on completion of the sale and immediately provide a tracking number. Surely if the buyer is happy with the goods that does not mean I deserve a bad rating because the post office was a little bit late in delivering the goods? Of course if this is just, then I do not mind, but I am upset about having this blemish on my record. Is it permissable to refuse to sell to buyers with less than 10 ratings so as to prevent unjust/inexperienced ratings in the future? :worried:

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Lauren :)

MiemsJewels

Hi Lauren,

a Big welcome to the Forum.

I really think the Neutral rating you received was unfair, We as sellers cannot be held responsible for the Post Office's snail mail.

I suggest you send the buyer a FRIENDLY e-mail, and ask him/her to alter the rating as it was not your fault.

If he/she still do not want to change it, take the matter up with Bidorbuy,

Hope this will help you :wondering:

MagpieSales

Thank you for your fast reply! I will do just that, thank you :)

mellowred
Hi all

Is it permissable to refuse to sell to buyers with less than 10 ratings so as to prevent unjust/inexperienced ratings in the future? :worried:

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Lauren :)

Hi Lauren, BoB don't take kindly to refusing to accept bids. I think they track this sort of thing (?) You have to state a reason for deleting a bid, and cannot just ban buyers for no apparent reason either.

Several sellers complain about first time buyers, but there are just as many "experienced" buyers who don't read, complain about anything and are general pains in the bottom :grin:.

MagpieSales

I totally understand what you are saying, that's why I asked first. I have had a few SNC'c with new buyers, and then this neutral rating experience. But then again I have sold to newcomers with absolutely no problems. Thank you so much for the help, I sent the buyer a nice email.

MagpieSales

I sent the buyer a nice email and this is my response:

I don't know what more I can do to rectify this issue. :(

Dear Lauren

I am unable to change my rating as your delivery method is part of your package and method of doing business , maybe

you should try looking for other methods of transportation as in my line of business “ if you cannot deliver what is expected of you

I look for alternatives ‘’ simple as that .

Best Regards

Colin

Dear Colin

I recieved your neutral rating on bid or buy this morning, I am glad to hear that you are happy with your item.

I am terribly sorry that your item took longer than expected to arrive but these things do happen with the South African postal office, as you know from your rating. I see you are new to bid or buy and would like to ask you kindly to adjust your neutral rating to a positive, as your items were sent and arrived in good order. Neutral ratings and negative ratings are expected for non delivery, ignoring emails, wrong description of the product, wrong product etc. I hope you understand as I feel that that rating was a bit unjust because delivery time is out of the sellers control.

I hope you agree that the tardiness of SAPO does not reflect on my aptitude as a seller as I feel I kept good communication with you in terms of when your item was sent, tracking number etc.

Warm regards

Lauren

MiemsJewels

Lauren This is absolutely rating abuse, and not fair. What shipping method did he want? Was it speedservice?

I suggest change your shipping method. and you don't need to do it, if you don't want to.

Give the buyer 3 options of shipping method.

1 Ordinary parcel 3 to 5 days to deliver.

2 Speedservices 1 day for delivery. (It must be shipped the day you receive payment, if i'ts early enough, say before noon, or before the parcels are pick up at the Post Office)

3 Counter to door. Same as above.

Edited by MiemsJewels

MagpieSales

I sent it via counter to counter speed services - in those speed service bags

MiemsJewels
I sent it via counter to counter speed services - in those speed service bags

Strange that it's allways the newbies who causes the troubles.

Phone Colin, maybe his heart is not so hard as he seems to be.

MagpieSales

Thanx Miems, I think I will have to add more options to my listings. I chose speed services because they are the most reliable. I will reply to his rating so future buyers can see that the fault was in SAPO and not us. It's a pitty it could not be resolved and we got the brunt for something that was out of our control.

MiemsJewels
Thanx Miems, I think I will have to add more options to my listings. I chose speed services because they are the most reliable. I will reply to his rating so future buyers can see that the fault was in SAPO and not us. It's a pitty it could not be resolved and we got the brunt for something that was out of our control.

Usually they are more reliable but not allways.

You can show him this:

Also speedservice, shipped the 8th the 11th today still not received

Parcel Number:

Out For Delivery

RONNIE 400TWN1 2011/07/11 7:28

DURBAN BRANCH

18In TransitIN

SCAN MFO.40020 11/07/1023:18

DURBAN BRANCHC362954678In Transit

DURBAN RTA.1712011/07/0823:37

JHB NETWORKS BRANCHC369635486

Item accepted by branchGA-NALA KRIEL2011/07/0811:41

GA-NALA KRIEL POSTOFFICEACCEPTANCE (O) SCAN

Edited by MiemsJewels

TS Ron
I sent the buyer a nice email and this is my response:

I don't know what more I can do to rectify this issue. :(

Dear Lauren

I am unable to change my rating as your delivery method is part of your package and method of doing business , maybe

you should try looking for other methods of transportation as in my line of business “ if you cannot deliver what is expected of you

I look for alternatives ‘’ simple as that .

Best Regards

Colin

Dear Colin

I recieved your neutral rating on bid or buy this morning, I am glad to hear that you are happy with your item.

I am terribly sorry that your item took longer than expected to arrive but these things do happen with the South African postal office, as you know from your rating. I see you are new to bid or buy and would like to ask you kindly to adjust your neutral rating to a positive, as your items were sent and arrived in good order. Neutral ratings and negative ratings are expected for non delivery, ignoring emails, wrong description of the product, wrong product etc. I hope you understand as I feel that that rating was a bit unjust because delivery time is out of the sellers control.

I hope you agree that the tardiness of SAPO does not reflect on my aptitude as a seller as I feel I kept good communication with you in terms of when your item was sent, tracking number etc.

Warm regards

Lauren

Perhaps this buyer would love you to use an courier as Uti aka Sun Couriers. Someone sent an item to me via this courier on Thursday afternoon from Bloemfontein to PE it still has not reached me.When I enquired today it most probably get here by Wednesday afternoon. Although the post office makes me mad I still think they are alot faster than some of the couriers.

Edited by TS Ron

Cali Craft and Gems

Speed services will deliver overnight with the exception of three circumstances:

1) where the parcel has been handed in after the closing of the acceptance time for the day (varies from branch to branch)

2) where the parcel is handed in on a Friday it will be delivered on the following Monday (as they do not deliver on weekends)

3) where the senders' branch or receivers' branch is NOT in a major centre (ie. out of town)

Ultimately in this case the seller handed the parcel in on Friday 8 July so if the buyer is in a major centre / city, then he should have received his parcel this morning - Monday 11 July. Once the post office (or courier) accepts the parcel from the seller / sender, then the sender cannot be held responsible for the SAPO's actions or delays. Unfortunately many buyers (especially newbies) do not understand this principle or concept and think that the seller is responsible for the parcel until it is in the buyer's hands!

I've had buyers complain why I have not delivered their parcel to their physical address in person - we all know why this is impossible! Many just do not understand that the postman will not be squeezing their parcel into their post box at home and that they have to rise from their seats and go to the post office to collect the parcel themselves! In some instances as well, the post office does not always issue a collection or notification slip - you have to take the tracking number to them and inform them when the parcel is at their branch!

MiemsJewels

Thank you Cali, I wish all the buyers, especially the newbies could read this post. Some buyers thinks we as sellers can do miracles.

MagpieSales

I just wanna say thank you to everyone for the information, I feel much better now :) Miems, you posted that I can show him the parcel information - how do I get that information so I can forward it to the buyer? Thanx :)

lilythepink

Magpie - if you go to Parcel Track | Parcel Tracking | www.Parceltrack.co.za you will then be able to type in the tracking number and it will show you where the parcel is.

Then you can just block and copy it and then send it in an email to the buyer. Good luck.

MagpieSales

Lily you are a star, thank you!