Sign in to follow this  
CellTrader

Error when trying to edit item.

CellTrader    10
CellTrader

I keep getting the following when trying to edit an item...

The Item can not be saved because it has error(s)

• The Category Page Featured Listing option can't be altered now the listing has started.

• The Priority Listing option can't be altered now the listing has started.

• The Highlighted Listing option can't be altered now the listing has started.

The problem is that those options are no longer shown on the page. I urge you to NOT implement changes on your live server until you have properly tested it in a testing environment. I have seen quite a few other issues, which indicates you are probably doing development on your live server. BAD idea!

qball    10
qball

Dear keysystems

This is not a technical error. We have made a decision not to allow items to be edited once they are open or have started, this has been in place for some time now. This has several consequences and can lead to listing abuse and manipulation, thus we do not allow the listing to be edited. We do not do development on our live server but have a development server and testing is done on this server.

Kind regards

Cuan

CellTrader    10
CellTrader

I know that has been implemented quite some time ago, and I agree with your reasons for doing so. What hapened now is that you don't even display those options anymore. So when you update your item, the system thinks the values have been changed, and thus you cannot update. Kindly test it yourself, you will see exactly what I mean.

qball    10
qball

Hi there

Which item are you referring to? Once you have selected enhanced listing options you cannot remove them once the listing has opened. It won't allow you to update, thus the "error" messages you received.

Hope this answers your question?

Kind regards

Cuan

Delicious    10
Delicious

open?

Cuan - Confim with me please?

No more changes allowed once item is open? Or no chnages if bidding has started? I must have missed the memo if it is the former. :oops:

CellTrader    10
CellTrader

I don't know how else to explain this to you. YOU (or one of the other employees) have removed the options from the edit page. I get an error when trying to do a update to the item description. I am not trying to change the options (they aren't there, so I couldn't change them if I wanted to).

The item: 9963442

qball    10
qball

Hi

We don't allow any editing, even on the description, after an item has opened. If you need to change something, you can request us to change it or you can close the item, and relist it with the changes, provided there are no purchases or bids on it.

We may need to amend the "error" message, as this is not clear.

Kind regards

Cuan

CellTrader    10
CellTrader

I have always updated the description. I often change it to include an updated price or offer. Are you now telling me that I will have to relist the item when I want to change it? And pay for the advertising fees again? Quite a ripoff don't you think?

qball    10
qball

Ok, I see what you mean, just tested it and it is giving me the error too. I'll need to check with the technical team to see why this changed.

I will get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

Apologies for this, can I edit it for you in the mean time? What needs to be changed?

Kind regards

Cuan

CellTrader    10
CellTrader

I'll change it when the problem is sorted, thanks.

CellTrader    10
CellTrader

Any news on this issue? I believe everyone out there will have the same problem. I think it should be handled as critical.

qball    10
qball

Hi there

The developers are still looking at it, it may be as a result of a change we made on the security side of things, so the logic may have been affected.

I am more than happy to edit the item now so you are not affected by the delay in investigating this.

Kind regards

Cuan

qball    10
qball

Hi there

Ok, it seems we have been looking for a technical bug, when there isn't one. I had a look at your profile, and you recently made banking account changes to your account, there is a security feature built in which limits your ability to update your listings. I have fixed this on your account, so you should be able to edit your listing now.

Thanks

Cuan

CellTrader    10
CellTrader

Hi,

I'm having the same issue as above again. Please sort this out ASAP.

qball    10
qball

You recently made changes to your profile again, see responses above.

Thank you

Cuan