Sign in to follow this  
SProducts

Buyers not providing physical address for courier, then blame you for delays!

SProducts

I have had a few buyers most recently, they complete the order and leave a Postbox address although the item should be sent by courier.

1. This buyer won an item on Monday, I sent an email for physical address and received it on Tuesday afternoon. Then on Wednesday oin the morning sent an email to confirm I received the address and that their parcel will be booked out same day. Later I get a negative rating for not sending their parcel on time.

If I dont have your address where do I send your parcel?

2. This buyer paid on 27June afternoon and there was a postbox address, on 29 I send an email requesting them to send me a physical address. The buyer replies I have their physical address already. I reply again that I dont have it can they send it. They send a reply saying the same thing that I have their address, and when I reply again to say I dont have it. Then they send a question with their address and then rate me negative with their address. After that its a lot of emails from both husband and wife, accusations and threats till I decide to cancel the sale.

Assuming they emailed me their address, but if someone says to you give me your address. Isnt it possible they lost it or didnt get it in the first place, why not just send it to them? The mere fact I asked for it, doesnt that tell the buyer I dont have it?

3. This buyer pays on Friday last week, on Monday we email that we dont have their physical address. I get a call (I dont know where he got the number) from him, he says he's confused as he sent me his address as he communicated the address change with Bidorbuy. I inform him I didnt get the email and we need a physical address.

The following day I get his email with the address and I have sent their parcel, things sorted out easily.

I later found out he actually had bought 2 items and communicated with Bidorbuy in combining the payments as one was auction and the other Buy Now and thats when he sent the email changing the address. I was cc'd on the BoB's staff replies.

Anyway, hopefully its now over. Have to stay with the negatives unfortunately.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi SProducts

I think you have an excellent case for appealing these negatives as it is logical that you need a physical address for courier services other than speed services.

lilythepink

I also think you should appeal the negatives, Sipho. Not your fault if the buyer didn't give you a physical address!

SProducts

Thanks, also think I will do that. For now I will wait and see how it turns out after the buyer has received their products.

I dont think buyers should buy or pay if they dont trust or dont feel safe about a sale. It ends being a pain for both buyer and teh seller. This buyer sent an email in the morning and said he will change their rating when he receive his product, this was after I replied to their rating and their email that I only got their address yesterday and booked out teh parcel same yesterday.

Whats funny is, he just updated his negative rating twith this comment "Indicate when my parcel will arrive. Speak to your courier and let me know. Your service is one of the worst here on BOB! Will file a complaint today!", he also posted 2 questions on 2 diiferent items asking when will I deliver. I told him the parcel was with the courier and I cant tell when they will deliver as its depended on their schedule which I cant control.

Also sent him an email to this effect trying to explain that once the item is picked up by the courier I cannot dictate how they should deliver it. Hopefully Fastway deliver this afternoon or early in the morning, otherwise its going to get to some sort of confrontation from him by the mroning.

lilythepink

Sipho, don't get your knickers in a knot over an impatient buyer. Just smile at the silly questions and emails from him and your day will be brighter!

Guest Guest
Sipho, don't get your knickers in a knot over an impatient buyer. Just smile at the silly questions and emails from him and your day will be brighter!

Damn Sipho... Shame man!:wacko:

You have a few extremely unpleasant and lowbrow buyers currently there!

With these remarks?! (Unedited):

"i made payments please send tracking number please.please dont send me a broken one as iv saw your ratings that you have sent someone item broken."

This is a seller too!!! :disgusted:"SA picker": Indicate when my parcel will arrive. Speak to your courier and let me know. What is my tracking number??? Will file a complaint today!"

I just want my cellphone,, I have paid for it and i want it today, you told me two days and it is now four days..im not impressed.by Azwindinimulaudzi

been an nightmare, took 18 days to get here, arrived was not working, at my cost had to courier back, seller not trusting, wont do business again

ITEM IS NOT WORKING!!! NOW WHAT????

I bid on a "BLUE" HUGE 8GB New 4TH Generation Chromatic MP3 Player with Video, Radio, Pictures, etc . now the seller only has black units.?????????

Waiting for the delivery of product, after 5 weeks still nothing!!by deliacrozier Response:Your parcel is at your local post office or customs. Call 0860111502 and give them RF058725989SG. They will tell you where to collect your parcel."

... Trust me, I would have drive over to a few of them with a mini nuclear bomb...

Hang in there!:nuts:

SProducts

Anyway, I have learnt to live with these kinds of ratings. Figting them take too much energy, the other one had a product for almost 6 weeks. Then she rates negative and says the product is inferior and people shouldnt buy it, I wonder was it not inferior when he received it?

The other one who rated me negative, it was sort of a revenge rating. She won a second frame and didnt pay for it, soon after I rated her negative and filedSNC she then went and rated me negative that it broken.

Guest Guest

Hi

Some of buyers and, sellers are clearly not educated nor seem to have the intelligence to understand Cyberspace selling or buying. Plenty people clearly use their at-work time and work computer etc. to come on BOB to buy...

Here was one person who bought a scale model matchbox BMX51 or some model for say R150?? and, then told the seller he thought it was a life-size BMW. I mean - what kind of "adult" sees a small BOXED BMW and thinks he buys a car able to drive to work...?! I'll try to find that link...

Anyway, when a negative rating is fair it should be a lesson to learn - to better oneself. Negative ratings like those above tell us ONLY something about the mentality of those buyers.

Good luck!

lilythepink

Edmund's post reminds me of the time, many moons ago, when I asked MrAerospace what he would like for his birthday. Without taking a breath, he responded: "a red Porsch, please".

Well, on that birthday he got his red Porsch in his nosebag (lunch-box) and everyone in his dept at UCT was in fits of laughter and reminded me every year what a great gift I had once given him! :awesome:

SA picker

Ratings speak for itself, If more than one rate you negative and your percentage drops to 95% then you must look at your system.

Edmunt1000 wrote:

Some of buyers and, sellers are clearly not educated nor seem to have the

intelligence to understand Cyberspace selling or buying.

If a seller clearly state his conditions and made an effort to contact his buyer he would receive a positive rating. How clever must you be to understand that.