Sign in to follow this  
DynamicDecor

Item Description - Advise Needed Please

DynamicDecor    10
DynamicDecor

Hi there

With regards to the item description of the item your selling - is it best to include KEY WORDS here to increase the chances of your item being found when potential buyer searches for it.

I also don't want my description to be toooo lllooooonnngggg...

I've just done a little exercise using key words I would use to search for an item.. some I'm on page one - others page 4 or 5...yet in other searches I can't even find my own darn item.:sad2:

What can I do to increase my chances of a buyer finding my item?

What works for you?

Thanks a mil

admin    0
admin

Hi DynamicDecor,

Just a word of advice regarding the use of keywords. Should you list, for example a Rolex watch, you are not allowed to use Breitling, TaAG Heuer etc. as keywords, it comes down to keyword spamming. The keywords has to be applicable to the specific item listed, so please choose keywords wisely.

1.16. Listing abuse, manipulation and excessive listing on bidorbuy.

In order to create a fair and level playing field, and provide an enjoyable and safe experience for Buyers, Sellers may not manipulate or abuse the listing service to get items featured more regularly, prominently or spam the bidorbuy website with multiple product listings. This is entirely at the discretion of bidorbuy and will be monitored on a case by case basis.

This also includes but is not limited to: repeated multiple relistings with short durations, keyword spamming, spamming categories with multiple items (with the same or similar items), and listing in the wrong categories......

Listing Policy

qball    11
qball

Ensure the item you are selling contains the relevant keywords in the title and description, for example, selling a blue kettle, these words should be included in title and description. You can also make use of enhancements to give your product more visibility (when users browse the site using the navigation and category tree. Search results are displayed according to relevance. For enhancement help, please go here - Help - Selling - Enhanced Listings

Kind regards

Cuan

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Interesting to note what Admin pointed out - "spamming categories with multiple items (with the same or similar items)"

In the Gemstone category alone there are a few users doing just this - stacks of duplicates of the exact same item (size, weight, etc).

DynamicDecor    10
DynamicDecor

Thanks a mil for your replies. While searching I also saw repeated items from sale sellers.. Instead of stating QTY4 - each one is Qty 1.

I've checked out the enhancements. Wanted to edit a listing & add it as priority listing but it won't allow due to item already being open.

Would i have to delete the listing and reload it to be able to enhance it?

If you look at my items & my descriptions I've stuck to what the item is... however - my items could be regarded as either Home Decor or Gifts.

so if someone is searching for a gift - they won't get to my page?? Do you recommend I include the words "Ideal Gift" to each of them in the description.

Thanks Admin - I understand what you mean by spamming. My items aren't brand names so no worries there. I'd appreciate it if you could look at my descriptions given & give your input as to what I could do "description wise" to further enhance the search...I'll also add enhancement options when listing in future.

Much appreciated