Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Suspected Fakes

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

I came accross this listing yesterday, and I bid on it.After looking at Oakleys website, the frame, colours and shape is not like themodel the seller claims it to be or any others they sell.

Sunglasses - Oakly Polirized Straight Jacket Sunglasses, made in the USA. for sale in Pretoria / Tshwane (ID:40486853)

I emailed the link to a shop that sells Oakley and they saidthese are definitely not genuine, however they are not an authorised Oakleydistributor so I guess that doesnt count as proof??? Furthermore if they weregenuine they would have an Oakley case, however the case in the advert is notan Oakley case.

My question is : The seller in their listing says " Idon't have any certified papers so I am not sure if it is original.....You cango and check them out on the Oakley Mens Store website.

www.oakley.com/store/products

These glasses sell from $180.00 on Oakley's website.

Is it okay for the seller to simply say they dont know ifthey are original, and secondly the adverts misleading as they claim they sellfor $180 on Oakleys website but thats for the genuine article and theauthenticity of these is extremely doubtful.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

If the seller cannot guarantee that they are the genuine item, then there is a good chance they are fakes - and to the best of my knowledge it is illegal to sell fakes on Bid or Buy.

Admin/Cuan - can you help here, please?

admin    0
admin

Hi Grant,

Items removed and POA requested. Thank you.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Thanks Andries