Sign in to follow this  
medley

New or S/Hand????

SProducts

To me its new, the title says its new and the description says its sealed and so it must be new.

qball

Ask the seller?

retailrush

It looks to me like it's something the seller bought himself but did not use - hence the New / Secondhand scenario. The product certainly looks as though its in its sealed packaging. But as qball says, just ask the seller the question.

medley

Thx guys for your view on this.

Outbid on this, but i won't bid again. Sellers like this won't see me buying their items anymore, and confusing buyers with info like this is no good.

And yes, asking him is a option but i'm not going to ask cos the answer will be "as new"

It is about time some BoB sellers start to learn the diff between NEW & AS NEW. I've bought at least 2 "new" items in the past which was in fact used, but it was sorted out.

Guest Guest

Hi!

Don't be so hard on clear-worded sellers...

Your avatar clearly spells maybe or, just; "I'm just so-o Gullible; dear BOB-sellers..." A BOB-Freudian slip?

A kind compliment. :smile:

NB! Be kind to ANY seller... You, like I, only make a VERY easy, so silly, payment... Ponder about that sobering-to-the-wise, fact... :blink1:

medley
Hi!

Don't be so hard on clear-worded sellers...

Your avatar clearly spells maybe or, just; "I'm just so-o Gullible; dear BOB-sellers..." A BOB-Freudian slip?

A kind compliment. :smile:

NB! Be kind to ANY seller... You, like I, only make a VERY easy, so silly, payment... Ponder about that sobering-to-the-wise, fact... :blink1:

clear-worded....???....:wtf:

Seeds for Africa

Confused here! I think Medleys question was pretty clear. They asked if the item was New (as stated in the title) or 2nd Hand (as stated under Item condition). The listing cant be construed as "clear-worded".

Having said that I believe its pretty easy to be cleared up by a question to the seller. As the item looks in its original packaging (per photo) it may simply be a listing error, which again is cleared up simply by asking the seller!

medley
Confused here! I think Medleys question was pretty clear. They asked if the item was New (as stated in the title) or 2nd Hand (as stated under Item condition). The listing cant be construed as "clear-worded".

Having said that I believe its pretty easy to be cleared up by a question to the seller. As the item looks in its original packaging (per photo) it may simply be a listing error, which again is cleared up simply by asking the seller!

Thx GAMU Trading for your view on this as a seller. And a big NO on asking the seller about his listing, he should check this himself before advertising his item.

mellowred

Hi Medley, I sometimes have things that are still in their original packaging - never been used - but they could be up to ten years old.

In fact I have a box of bathroom taps - still sealed - but I know they were bought about seven years ago. In my listing I would explain this, but due to the fact that not all buyers read well, I would list them as second-hand because if you bought and received a dusty box when you were told it was new you would be very dissapointed.

Sometimes listing an item is not as straightforward as it seems.

medley
Hi Medley, I sometimes have things that are still in their original packaging - never been used - but they could be up to ten years old.

In fact I have a box of bathroom taps - still sealed - but I know they were bought about seven years ago. In my listing I would explain this, but due to the fact that not all buyers read well, I would list them as second-hand because if you bought and received a dusty box when you were told it was new you would be very dissapointed.

Sometimes listing an item is not as straightforward as it seems.

Hi mellowred, you're doing it the A+++ way & this makes you a A+++ BoB seller. Thx.

qball

I would ask all posting here to remain on the topic and not to get confrontational or to insult other members!

In our view there is nothing wrong with the listing, technically the item is pre-owned (second hand), and is listed correctly, even if the item is still sealed in the packaging and has not been used. If you are not sure, please ask the seller via Q&A.

Thank you.