Sign in to follow this  
Miss Jewels

Copying of auction descriptions

Miss Jewels

I might sound a bit paranoid about this, but I think that when you create a listing, you pick your brains to choose the best words to describe your item. So I tend to think that this "description" should be your own. Now what happens when a newish seller starts using your description to promote his own items? Is this because your own item was popular and the seller is hoping it would have the same magic effect on his? Is this on or off?

Royalty2008
I might sound a bit paranoid about this, but I think that when you create a listing, you pick your brains to choose the best words to describe your item. So I tend to think that this "description" should be your own. Now what happens when a newish seller starts using your description to promote his own items? Is this because your own item was popular and the seller is hoping it would have the same magic effect on his? Is this on or off?

Miss Jewels I do agree with you hundred percent. I coincidentally browsed through the auction and I did compare the listing's description with yours, it is your initial description when you started to sell these specific items. The Seller has got the tendency to do that as he copied my logo for instance. So he just goes on and on. I really do hope he would get a warning. He normally would say no, you copied it from me. Good luck.