Sign in to follow this  
Steve G

Ripped off

Steve G

I feel that I've been ripped off by one of the sellers. I have mailed BoB twise now, with no response to either mail. Is this normal? Do they not care about this kind of thing?

Any advice please. I hate feeling like a victim to someone's false advertising/scams.

admin

Hi Steve G,

Please accept our sincere apologies, there seem to be a problem with our email system and we did not receive your emails, they are working on it. Bennet has phoned the seller, which is unavailable until tomorrow. Bertus will get back to you after speaking to the seller tomorrow.

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused.

Other Electronics - Mini twinkling laser M015RG MINI Disco Laser Light - NEW!!! BULK PRICES AVAILABLE!!! was sold for R299.00 on 6 Jun at 23:46 by masterdealer in Johannesburg (ID:39121640)

Seeds for Africa

I note in the advert body and the sellers response to the negative rating that the seller seems to think he covers himself by stating " The Item may differ from advert". Pretty sure thats not allowed???

brands online

I also don't agree with that. Lots of sellers employing this unethical tactic. "Colour may vary from illustration" is one thing, but "Item may differ from shown"?:sneaky::wondering:

kyle2
I also don't agree with that. Lots of sellers employing this unethical tactic. "Colour may vary from illustration" is one thing, but "Item may differ from shown"?:sneaky::wondering:

I find it offensive as a buyer and make a point of not dealing with people like that. I had a terrible experience with a gem seller who used stock photo's to sell her stones. You see a beautiful well photographed stone and decide thats the one you want and you get a pale clear glass(even possibly glass) thing which does not even resemble the item advertised..........:mad:

I think for speciffic things, actual photo's need to be used, but for mass produced things like cellphones etc. generic photo's could be used.

Steve G

Thanks for the replies. I will await admin's response then. GAMU you are absolutely correct. he is trying to clear himself with his little " The Item may differ from advert" line. However we live in South Africa, and we have consumer laws here. Anyway, be that as it may. The laser I received is way different from the advert.

To top it off, I did a search before i bid on the item to ensure its the model with functionality I wanted. So I know it does exist. He must have just copied and pasted a advert from somewhere else, or more likely, post a advert for their top model laser, and send a lower model.

Once again, thanks for the replies.

Steve G

No one has come back to me regarding this issue. I hope its not slipped through the cracks.

admin
No one has come back to me regarding this issue. I hope its not slipped through the cracks.

My apologies again Steve G :embarrest:, the seller must have neglected to contact Bertus or Bennet and it must have slipped their mind as they are extremely busy. I will remind them to follow up first thing in the morning.

Steve G

Okay thanks, That will be great. No surprise that he didn't get back to them. I had to chase him up myself before I got a response from him, even though a negative one.

Steve G

Its now almost 2 weeks since I posted this and I have had absolutely no feedback yet?

admin
Its now almost 2 weeks since I posted this and I have had absolutely no feedback yet?

Hi Steve G,

Apparently they struggle to get hold of you on the listed contact number, please PM me an alternative contact number for you.

Thank you.

Steve G

I received an email from him this afternoon asking me to return the laser. Once he receives it, he will refund my money. I hope this includes the shipping. Else I lose out anyway. I will change my contact details.

jinxster78

And your EFT costs...