Sign in to follow this  
windrider

Outbid by a buyer whose profile stated "Disabled"?

windrider

I bid on a few auctions and was outbid by the same buyer's automatic bid. Curious about the buyer, I clicked to view their profile and saw that their profile status as disabled. Can a buyer like that still bid on an active auction?

Can anyone clarify it for me?

One of the auctions I was bidding on:

Quartz - Stunning facet! 19.20 cts 17.6mm Natural TANZANITE BLUE QUARTZ round facet (Brazil) for sale in Hunters Retreat (ID:39659782)

The buyer's profile page

All ratings received by DORCA on bidorbuy.co.za

admin

Hi windrider,

The user was automatically disabled today, nothing serious, but has autobids on the items since yesterday.

Cali Craft and Gems

The buyer in question DORCA is a repeat buyer from us and always pays very quickly so I have no idea what the possible problem is. Most of the time though it is an administration or account issue that results in the buyer's account being disabled. I'm sure BoB or Cuan will put us in the picture in the morning.

MiemsJewels

DORCA bought a gemstone from me too. I had to file a SNC, but she made full payment later, so I retracted the SNC.

admin
Hi windrider,

The user was automatically disabled today, nothing serious, but has autobids on the items since yesterday.

I believe that I already did, nothing more will be said, the disabling is between the user and bidorbuy and as such covered under the confidentiality clause. :wink: The question was about a disabled seller being able to bid and the answer was that they used the autobid feature before being disabled.

windrider

Thank you admin, that helped. I was wondering how will that affect the auction and my bid which was second highest.

@Cali Craft Now, I just have to think how much to bid for your auction to beat the autobid :)