Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Insulting Ratings

Seeds for Africa

People used to have a lot to say about the way a certain "King" rated people. I must dont get why some people get insulting with what they put into ratings. I am not going to list the sellers names as that would be highlighting certain sellers, however there a few real "beauties" of ratings out there. These are a couple I came accross -

Grow Up kid, If you can't afford to go in a pvt school, Government Schools are for FREE. Read the payment methods before buying, What a Waste of TIME!

So help me *** you better stop harrasing me my friend!!!!

Another buyer not honouring his commitments..we will hand him over for prosecution

I have your address expect a summons soon

rather go shop at SPAR

I have a question as well. I have seen a number of sellers threaten buyers with prosecution. As irritating as no payers are to all sellers is it right to threaten people with something that you cannot do ie Issue a summons against them?

Some food for thought!

admin

I have a question as well. I have seen a number of sellers threaten buyers with prosecution. As irritating as no payers are to all sellers is it right to threaten people with something that you cannot do ie Issue a summons against them?

Some food for thought!

Hi Grant,

On the contrary, some users has been successful with cases against buyers/sellers in the small claims court, they just never posted about it.

Not1CentMore

Still... (and with all due respect to Admin)

(IMHO) it isn't whether or not one 'wins' in a small claims case, it is the 'character' of the person posting such deflammatory remarks. There is NO excuse for being mean or spiteful....in person or hiding behind a keyboard.

Would not a simple "Payment not received. SNC filed. SNC completed." be just as effective...and more professional?

Should the seller decide to take legal action, that 'business' is between the buyer and seller and should not be like washed underwear...hung out on the line to dry for everyone to see.

Sometimes it is better to "walk softly and carry a big stick".

Ruthie

MiemsJewels

(IMHO) it isn't whether or not one 'wins' in a small claims case, it is the 'character' of the person posting such deflammatory remarks. There is NO excuse for being mean or spiteful....in person or hiding behind a keyboard.

Would not a simple "Payment not received. SNC filed. SNC completed." be just as effective...and more professional?

Should the seller decide to take legal action, that 'business' is between the buyer and seller and should not be like washed underwear...hung out on the line to dry for everyone to see.

Ruthie

AMEN to that Ruthie

Vinyl Lady Decals

Ruthie

Well said Ruthie, that's how I would see it

admin

Ruthie

Hi Ruthie,

I was replying to Grant about the summons issue, I think it would make some people think twice about their actions should the outcome of small claims Court be made known on the forums, not in the ratings. :wink::ninja:

Not1CentMore

Please accept my sincerest apologies if I have spoken out of turn or stepped on toes. That was not my intention.

I haven't the 'foggiest' idea how the court system works your side and wouldn't even think about commenting one way or the other on legalities. I was commenting on (my feelings / thoughts) polite vs. not-so-much-so comments when a seller leaves a less than positive feedback /rating. The rating speaks to the character of the buyer. The comment speaks to the character of the seller. One can get the same point across with a teaspoon of kindness or a tablespoon of spite. The teaspoon of kindness just doesn't leave 'the uglies' on the seller's face (character).

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

lilythepink

I think your comments are excellent - so no need for apologies, Ruthie!

It can be a long, long saga even if one does go through the Small Claims Court. And errant buyers tend to know this, unfortunately!

Seeds for Africa
Hi Grant,

On the contrary, some users has been successful with cases against buyers/sellers in the small claims court, they just never posted about it.

Are you saying that if a person bids, doesnt follow through with an order (ie they dont pay and dont get the item) that they can be prosecuted? Maybe I should have been clearer the sellers in question were threatening prosecution for a buyer who had won an auction but had not paid. They dont have the product, so what will the seller sue them for?

Edited by Seeds for Africa

TopDrawer
Are you saying that if a person bids, doesnt follow through with an order (ie they dont pay and dont get the item) that they can be prosecuted? Maybe I should have been clearer the sellers in question were threatening prosecution for a buyer who had won an auction but had not paid. They dont have the product, so what will the seller sue them for?

Unless the law has changed with the CPA a bidder who reneges on payment can be sued for specific performance or damages and litigation is not restricted to the Small Claims Court..

admin
I think your comments are excellent - so no need for apologies, Ruthie!

Ditto Ruthie, nothing wrong with your comments :cool:

TS Ron

Ruthie

Oh but Ruthie this is the only way they faceless they can attack verbally they the bullies of the forums. I sometimes imagine they are such ogres behind a screen where they not visible and yet they so afraid that they little grey people in a grey world. It must excite their day greatly if they have attacked some one on a webpage. Yet I do not agree I at times think the either the buyer or the sellers needs to be named openly to make people aware of this.

Nubbi

in essence I agree with Ruthie but sometimes it just so satisfying to tell a time wasting ******* that they are an *******?? so I do get why some sellers let rip?

Not1CentMore
in essence I agree with Ruthie but sometimes it just so satisfying to tell a time wasting ******* that they are an *******?? so I do get why some sellers let rip?

Yes, sometimes it is.

If these walls could talk....

But, since they can't (and probably a good thing, too), no one hears the 'doink', 'ditz', 'goober', 'dipstick' and other 'labels' I have put on a few buyers. When I begin ranting and raving to the point the 'dust bunnies' huddle in fear under the bed, I know it is time to walk away from the keyboard until I have it 'pulled back together'. Then, I will let my fingers do the 'talking' in the comment section.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

Nubbi

I once had a chap who was not happy with his product - but he was full of it so I suggested we meet at a local coffee shop and discuss it like adults, I walked in and introduced myself - he grabbed his wallet paid me , why I dont know as he had already paid? then he left in a hurry? I was very confused, but my wife told me not to do business again when I am on my way to a bike rally dressed in leather sporting my tattoos and piercings for all to see? I did not realize that I was 120kgs of ugly that could scare grown men!! LoL we still laugh about that!! he also gave me an excelent rating!!:evil:

Seeds for Africa
I once had a chap who was not happy with his product - but he was full of it so I suggested we meet at a local coffee shop and discuss it like adults, I walked in and introduced myself - he grabbed his wallet paid me , why I dont know as he had already paid? then he left in a hurry? I was very confused, but my wife told me not to do business again when I am on my way to a bike rally dressed in leather sporting my tattoos and piercings for all to see? I did not realize that I was 120kgs of ugly that could scare grown men!! LoL we still laugh about that!! he also gave me an excelent rating!!:evil:

I suspect that may be construed as intimidation! :amuse:

mellowred

So to ensure 100% positive ratings (and extra delivery fees) you should always offer a personal delivery service Nubbi .... :cheesy: