Sign in to follow this  
Pathway

Brand new items on 'Antique Jewellery'

Pathway

I'm probably a crabby old cow for bringing this up, but it really gets up my nose. Having to browse through pages of items maked 'Vintage', or 'Vintage look', to see on the listing they are brand new.

Antique is antique, or at least second hand. I did write in to one of the sellers, querying this, and was told they are only human and everyone can make a mistake.

But so very many 'mistakes', over and over again???

Grrrrrr....

MiemsJewels
i'm probably a crabby old cow for bringing this up, but it really gets up my nose. Having to browse through pages of items maked 'vintage', or 'vintage look', to see on the listing they are brand new.

Antique is antique, or at least second hand. I did write in to one of the sellers, querying this, and was told they are only human and everyone can make a mistake.

Grrrrrr....

provide us with a link to the item please oo la la

TS Ron
I'm probably a crabby old cow for bringing this up, but it really gets up my nose. Having to browse through pages of items maked 'Vintage', or 'Vintage look', to see on the listing they are brand new.

Grrrrrr....

NO! you not a crabby old cow! A lot of people do not read the description properly either thinking the going to buy antique jewellery. After the sale they disappointed!

TS Ron
NO! you not a crabby old cow! A lot of people do not read the description properly either thinking the going to buy antique jewellery. After the sale they disappointed!

Miems jewels just go into the Vintage Jewellery section...

wayjen

Sellers sometimes place listings in the wrong sections due to mistakes on their parts or they do not find a section for the item they are listing and then you get those who just don't care as long as the item is listed on BoB.

Buyers just google an item and find a listing but don't read where that listing is and end up buying an item they thought was something else (we recently had that problem).

MiemsJewels
provide us with a link to the item please oo la la

I see what you mean oo la la. :laugh: Even mugs listed under antique jewellery LOL

TS Ron

Perhaps if they had a section with Victorian Inspired Jewellery which I think is what is listed under Antique jewellery.