Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Terms not met by buyers

Seeds for Africa

I have a question for bidorbuy.

If an snc is filed as terms not met, and in the snc you state that the terms of payment werent met and the item is no longer available to the buyer, why is a buyer still allowed to say he still plans to pay (when the item is no longer available to that buyer) and thus extends the snc by 7 days?

Bob have been very clear that a sale can be cancelled if the terms arent met by the buyer, so why does that buyer have the option to say he is still going to pay when the seller clearly isnt interested in dealing with them anymore?

Vinyl Lady Decals

A very good question, I would also be interested to know the answer

MiemsJewels
I have a question for bidorbuy.

If an snc is filed as terms not met, and in the snc you state that the terms of payment werent met and the item is no longer available to the buyer, why is a buyer still allowed to say he still plans to pay (when the item is no longer available to that buyer) and thus extends the snc by 7 days?

Bob have been very clear that a sale can be cancelled if the terms arent met by the buyer, so why does that buyer have the option to say he is still going to pay when the seller clearly isnt interested in dealing with them anymore?

Gamu Trading, 8 out of 10 times they won't pay anyway.

Not1CentMore

I take advantage of BoB's message system to notify the buyer.

(example) Auction closed 06.01.11. As noted in auction, payment due within 5-days of auction closing. Today is day 6. Payment has not been received. Terms not met. Item no longer available; relisted. Payment will NOT be accepted. SNC will be filed.

This is AFTER an email is sent day auction closed and reminder email sent on the 3rd day.

On day 7, I file SNC; "Terms not met" and copy / paste message sent to buyer via BoB's message system.

Sometimes buyer does reply to SNC "to remit payment", but most of the time 'no response'. It is 'spit in the wind' for a buyer to actually make contact via email saying he / she wants to remit payment after SNC has been filed. Should buyer do so, I reply with copy/paste message sent via BoB's message system. Again, 'spit in the wind' for a response.

I 'understand' that if payment has not been received per 'terms', that a seller can relist the item as long as they notify the buyer of same and let them know the item is no longer available.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

wayjen

Spot on!!

If your terms and conditions state that you will relist item after your allotted time and the buyer is not allowed to pay for the item then there should be no problem with that. Why must we wait 14 - 21 days for a dead beat buyer who wants to appeal something when we could have been making money from that item with a buyer who actually wants the item and is willing to pay for it?

MariseG

I just love the comments in this thread!!! Had an item listed and the buyer never paid, so I did the right thing and filed a SNC. The SNC was almost complete and the buyer decides to let BOB know they intend to pay. I thought of giving this person one more chance and retracted the SNC :evil: I am still waiting for the payment and cannot file a new snc - now this makes me furious!!!

lilythepink

Only once have I had a buyer pay once an SNC is almost complete. I simply did a refund to the buyer, less my bank charges!

No buyer who blatantly ignores the terms of a listing is entitled to receive what you are selling.

@MariseG - you will be able to give a negative rating as soon as the SNC period is completed!

MariseG

Thanks Lily :)

MiemsJewels
I just love the comments in this thread!!! Had an item listed and the buyer never paid, so I did the right thing and filed a SNC. The SNC was almost complete and the buyer decides to let BOB know they intend to pay. I thought of giving this person one more chance and retracted the SNC :evil: I am still waiting for the payment and cannot file a new snc - now this makes me furious!!!

Lesson number 1. Never retract a snc, you can do that as soon as the buyer made payment. Same happened to me a while ago. Mens leer gelukkig deur jou foute.,

Vinyl Lady Decals

I very seldom retract an SNC even if they pay. I would rather refund the buyer than risk a negative for some fabricated reason. Some people are vindictive and will give a negative just because you filed the SNC.

The way I see it is, my terms are clearly spelt out.

The buyer gets three reminders plus the initial email stretched out over a period of about three weeks to a month.

I feel that is plenty of time to pay even though my terms are three days.

If the buyer hasn't had the courtesy to at least answer one of the emails in that time period or request an extension, then an SNC is in order and I will not retract it. Generally buyers who only bother to respond after an SNC are not worth the sale.

There are some exceptions, but usually they are trouble-makers and it will come back to bite the seller who was only doing the right thing.