Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Traceability of International Registered Mail

Seeds for Africa

I am not sure if someone can assist me here. If I send a parcel via Post office International registered mail, is it possible to get proof that the other party has signed for it? And if it is possible how do you go about getting the proof?

Thanks

booksallsizes

I have had this problem before and had no joy in finding this out. When I called SAPO all they could tell me was when the parcel left the country (even gave me the name of the ship it was travelling on!) and that the responsibility is then shifted to that particular country's postal system.

SAPO said that I must contact the person I sent the item to so that they can contact their PO - which, I think in your case from what it sounds like, is part of the problem.

Sorry I can't help - this is all the info I was able to get at the time. Fortunately the parcel arrived so I didn't pursue things further.

Would be nice if someone could shed more light on this - there must be some sort of control in place...

wayjen

good luck in solving this issue.

We sold some items to a buyer in the Netherlands. Tracking numbers work as far as the borders of South Africa and that's it. Buyer does not contact us but raises a dispute(not sure the actual term) with Paypal and we get notified. Anyway, we contact post office and they say he must contact his post office. He say that the parcel has not arrived in Netherlands. We go to manager of PO who makes calls and gives us the number to phone in the Netherlands and that the parcel has been collected. Buyer says he has not received parcel. He tells us Customs have it. We have told him we cannot do anything from our side and he must contact his people that side. We have not heard from him since.

I started a thread about tracking numbers internationally which would make it easier for us to track items internationally.

Seeds for Africa

Which leaves the simple question..... why bother registering?